Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    My main alt is Blood DK and I feel like I have been robbed. Reminds me of old Prot Warrior and not in the good way - have to really rely on healers now, I used to be able to handle myself for 15-20 seconds in very intense situations easily which attracted me to the spec in the first place.

The idea of high-damage intake, non-shield spec with a possibility of very solid self-sustainment was good one. Now it`s just another tank...
    I was going to play a DK tank and this worries me
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

My main alt is Blood DK and I feel like I have been robbed. Reminds me of old Prot Warrior and not in the good way - have to really rely on healers now, I used to be able to handle myself for 15-20 seconds in very intense situations easily which attracted me to the spec in the first place.

The idea of high-damage intake, non-shield spec with a possibility of very solid self-sustainment was good one. Now it`s just another tank...
    And you dont see the problem with a tank that can survive very intense tanking situations on his own for 20 seconds?

Why even have healers lol
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by slev36 View Post
    I logged in to play around with the pre-patch. I've consistently played tanks during WoW.

I was in a bit of a shock when I logged into my brewmaster, then my prot warrior, then my prot pali. They gutted everything... I feel like I have 6 abilities to press now on any of the tank classes. I've never been more sad than now with the state of tanking.

So I haven't been blessed with legion beta access, and haven't kept up with much information, but does tanking get better at 110 as far as gameplay depth?

I just cannot see myself playing the cut down version of tanks if it doesn't get significantly better at end game.

Thanks
    Every Tank feels like it has a form of active mitigation now which is a lot better than how it used to be. If anything Tanking to me is more interesting since I have more to do than just be the lowest DPS with the highest threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And you dont see the problem with a tank that can survive very intense tanking situations on his own for 20 seconds?

100% This....

If properly played - nope, don't see what`s wrong with that. It's not like I could do that on fights like M Kormok or something. But things like normal fights, some HC fights and HC dungeons? Sure.

They went from one extreme to the other - now I've to pray that the healers know what they're doing. I could rely on myself just a little bit more. Now I'm at the mercy of their skillcap.
    Last edited by Fruujik; 2016-07-21 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    I dont understand the "shock" regarding the abilities you have to track. At least for Prot Warri

Prot Warri is pretty much the same in legion without major abilities missing or added (playstyle and toolkit remains the same)

Prot Paladin: I think playing a prot Paladin was way more fun during 6.2 than now. (short version: He is the only tank without any ressource managment. i think that hurts the playstyle extremly)

Brewmaster: Very Diffrent than in 6.1 and 6.2 without meaning it positve nor negative. For me its too much rng with bremaster, but i can understand why some people might enjoy the new bremaster

Tanking is generals wasnt very satisfying in WoD and it wont be in Legion. If you want to be the star in your team or raid the last thing i would roll would be tank.

I'm not all that sure why people are insisting that artifacts are going to 'fix' gameplay issues with classes, seeing that the majority of artifact perks seem to be stat boosts rather than abilities that will alter how the classes play now. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    my main was Monk tank in WoD, 5/13 Mythic and when i logged in yesterday i was like ... really ??

I have 3 DPS skills on my bar (Expel Harm or whatever new skill name it is I am not counting it as its more as a defensive skill now). Tiger Palm, Keg Smash and Blackout Strike !!! It felt so so bad. for AoE i had to spec into RJW so I had 4 skills to use. To have our Ox statue as a talent and then not to be able to have AoE stun was bad idea. This to me is a very bad choice. I would rather have to choose between heal (Chi Wave) and Stun or Chi Wave and Statue but not being able to have both statue and stun is disappointing. With no Chi explosion and only RJW (talented) and Keg Smash it feel like I am lacking so much in AoE department.

I decided to switch to Boomkin long before yesterday, but for once I will not be sorry about my choice.
    With your weapon yoh gave aoe for days. Sure you can't spin around anymore, but that wasn't really good dps or use of energy before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm not all that sure why people are insisting that artifacts are going to 'fix' gameplay issues with classes, seeing that the majority of artifact perks seem to be stat boosts rather than abilities that will alter how the classes play now. Am I missing something?
    They change how abilities are used or alter others and they give you a new very strong ability in almost all cases.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Without talking specifically to tanking, artifacts in general are plugging holes in class designs all over. In many cases the artifact abilities were part of the class design itself, so the class is not complete without them.

In the specific case of the warrior artifact, the ability is another cooldown with a defensive edge to it. We may hate that it is channelled, but it is still a defensive cooldown that our design has been budgeted around and that we are currently lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    I dont understand the "shock" regarding the abilities you have to track. At least for Prot Warri

Prot Warri is pretty much the same in legion without major abilities missing or added (playstyle and toolkit remains the same)

Prot Paladin: I think playing a prot Paladin was way more fun during 6.2 than now. (short version: He is the only tank without any ressource managment. i think that hurts the playstyle extremly)

Brewmaster: Very Diffrent than in 6.1 and 6.2 without meaning it positve nor negative. For me its too much rng with bremaster, but i can understand why some people might enjoy the new bremaster

Tanking is generals wasnt very satisfying in WoD and it wont be in Legion. If you want to be the star in your team or raid the last thing i would roll would be tank.
    The current state of Legion tanking is that you play a Prot Warrior or you don't count as a real tank. It's Monk-in-BRF level overpowered.

While the artifact only provides 1 skill, it is usually something fairly strong.

The passives most artifacts provide are usually something that provides extra functionality that feels required when going from having them (on beta) to not having them.

For Example: Sub Rogues with weapon reduce the CD on Shadow Dance by 3s every time they use 1 Combo Point. That means 5 CP finishers reduce the CD by 15s. It makes a huge difference on the up-time of Shadow Dance.

For Fire Mages and Destruction Warlocks the usable skill itself is a part of their main rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Veng dh is fun, Prot warrior is a beast, I heard druids are good, I couldn't stand prot pally enough to test them (which is funny cause that's been my main main since TBC) Brewmaster is eh, but it does get better as you level, veng is definitely the most fun of them all though.
    He doesnt want know tanks performance but how they playout. Ala abillty prune what made tanks boring to play.

Isn't tanking worse now with max camera distance being so close? Can tanks be RL still even if they do not see a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks had to much healing, to much mitigation. If you outgeared the content a healer could go afk for 5 minutes and come back to see the tank was still alive. That is bad and needed fixing.
    They nerfed the effectiveness of active mitigation for players who were good, and made shit players effectively look better. horrible decision

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Isn't tanking worse now with max camera distance being so close? Can tanks be RL still even if they do not see a lot?
    We never saw a lot, it was boss crotch 24/7 even with the max camera distance higher because boss rooms would push your camera in half the time anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    He doesnt want know tanks performance but how they playout. Ala abillty prune what made tanks boring to play.
    that was a quick and poorly written post about how they play funwise lol, sorry, sometimes I'm horrible with actually getting thoughts across in a manner that makes sense to anyone but myself.

As a Prot warrior I feel my effectiveness was hurt badly in HFC. I was unable to fear the subjugators to stop their cast, I was unable to hamstring the Gorfiend adds. I was unable to use the AOE taunt banner to pull off the Infernal Adds on Archimonde. No rage dump in a fun way with heroic Strike. Needing to rely on my healers too much it was really quite sad.

I have zero issues with any of my tanks. My prot warrior is still fun and exciting along with my guardian druid. Blood DKs became heal bots again which is meh, and Prot Pally feels about right.

Tanks basically sit like this: Guardian Druid, Prot Warrior/Prot Pally/Blood DK, then DH and Brewmaster bring up the rear.

Your complaints are just your lack of experience with the changes which is sad because you had 6 months to look this stuff up and I myself have spent countless hours attempting to teach others about the tanking changes. The main issue is damage incoming though and yes that does get better. Since you aren't aware, you need to realize that the tank artifacts and their talent trees are far more important than any other specs in the game. But if you only care about the number of damaging spells you have then just uninstall the game. You are wasting your time with it. If you care about actually being successful then yes it gets more depth at 110 but so you are aware warriors have more than 6 straight up reductions ie spells that do nothing but help you tank. Try looking in your spell book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I was going to play a DK tank and this worries me
    Dk is insanely good st 110. Best tank for 5 man's and very good for progression too. All tanks have an issue with damage incoming on live because tsw not balanced. Don't be worried by some one else's opinions plz. Think for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

If properly played - nope, don't see what`s wrong with that. It's not like I could do that on fights like M Kormok or something. But things like normal fights, some HC fights and HC dungeons? Sure.

They went from one extreme to the other - now I've to pray that the healers know what they're doing. I could rely on myself just a little bit more. Now I'm at the mercy of their skillcap.
    Wait until you get the artifact. You won't be saying that any more. I top the hps charts regularly at 110
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Only done alitte on my prot war felt alot more fun and active now tons to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    The current state of Legion tanking is that you play a Prot Warrior or you don't count as a real tank. It's Monk-in-BRF level overpowered.
    I don't know where did you get that idea from but it's totally bullshit, prot war are average at best, dh and dk are infintely better than war.

so if healers are supposed to handle tanking situations, what are tanks supposed to do?