Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lost the love for Enhancement now

Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?

Deleted
    i'm loving the new enhancement, love the new aoe system, maelstrom system is great.

It's easily the most fun I've had playing my shaman in years, the rotation is a lot more interesting than it's ever been, and it should only get better when we get artifact spells

I played Shaman early Classic into early BC. I hated every moment of it and felt stuck with it. I eventually changed to playing a Paladin in early BC.

Then... What you described is kinda how I felt about Retribution going from BC -> Wrath -> Cata.

Sure it gained a real damage rotation which was nice but that wasn't why I had picked Retribution. Provided this weird group support at all times. You had this strange dance of, rotating seals + judgement, cleansing teammates, throwing around off heals when I could, Keeping Blessings up, basically supporting the healer all while being ready to blow wings and land burst to secure a kill.

I found myself playing him much less than before. It was hard to "Just re-roll to another main." Achivements, Tabards, Reputations, Grinds... all essentially gone because of how my class changed.

During Mists with all the game changes it became easier to change Main characters. I played practically every class with the exception of Druid. I continued this trend into WoD. Literally I have a level 100 on my account of every class except for Druid. I came to realize that Rogue was the one I found the most enjoyable and felt like it was the best choice. That is what I mained ending WoD and what I will main going into Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?
    I've heard very positive things about Enh in this patch both from ppl in my guild/realm who have been playing for a long time, and from reviewers/youtubers etc - which is in itself interesting, considering these guys are often full of shit and can't agree on anything usually. SO maybe if you give it time, you'll get used to it and see its merits? Otherwise I guess it's simply a change you dislike, which is a shame, but we've all had that before.

The only thing I miss from enhancement is the original windfury: Sped up attack animation (though with dual wield it wasn't nearly as cool as with a huge 2hander) and the effect animation. Effect was changed somewhere in TBC, attack animation I don't know when since I didn't play enhancement since end of TBC.

Right now the spec seems to be in really good place. There's multiple talent choices that alter the gameplay style into various different directions and what's happening on the screen is very spectacular. I'm afraid you won't find too many people agreeing with you on this forum, because the general consensus is that gameplay wise legion enh shaman is awesome.

I am trying, playing around on dummies first and just done a couple of dungeons. Not that it matters I know but my DPS is coming out near top every time but nah, really not enjoying it at all. Had no plans and no intentions on playing anything else, no other class or spec interests me boooo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    The only thing I miss from enhancement is the original windfury: Sped up attack animation (though with dual wield it wasn't nearly as cool as with a huge 2hander) and the effect animation. Effect was changed somewhere in TBC, attack animation I don't know when since I didn't play enhancement since end of TBC.

Right now the spec seems to be in really good place. There's multiple talent choices that alter the gameplay style into various different directions and what's happening on the screen is very spectacular. I'm afraid you won't find too many people agreeing with you on this forum, because the general consensus is that gameplay wise legion enh shaman is awesome.
    I understand this and totally agree, I read the same - Most people are enjoying it which brings me back to reality and makes me realise... It is what it is, time for me to move on sadly as its staying

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it, but it's hilarious how much better boulderfist is better as a play style then the garbage rock biter system.

I would prefer if we had some totems tho, you know - like grounding, tremor etc... now we are just a warrior basically.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post

How do you guys feel?

Personally, I love it. I had been elemental/resto since BC, it was only when I started raiding HFC that I swapped due to a lack of melee in our raid team. I was, after seeing some of the changes on beta, going back to Elemental, but jesus it was boring. So I started over with enhancement and I think it's great. I think that the build/spend system is alright, and while I miss totems, it's one less thing to micromanage. Now it's basically flametonuge and frostbrand timers and maelstrom management.

I can understand that it's not for everyone, but it seems that the majority are enjoying the changes. Good luck with whatever you decide though!

Deleted
    I love it. I enjoy the resource approach much more than one where your resource is irrelevant and you're just locked by the GCD and your ability to not come up with RSI after an evening of raiding.
    It feels more deliberate to me and I like the interaction of skills building and skills spending more than where everything is basically just a skill that doesn't build or spend.

The only part I dislike at the moment is our AoE, which is clunky and sad without the artifact.

Personally I feel like Enhancement hasn't been better in these 11-12 years with the game. But your mileage may vary and it might be time to jump ship to something you can get behind.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-07-21 at 03:32 PM.

Odd time to throw in the towel on the spec. It is in one of the best places it has been for damage and synergy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the single best change to the spec in its entire existence. It's also one of the, if not the best revamp of a spec they've done so far.

Whether or not it's an objectively good change is sort of irrelevant. It is fundamentally a different class now. So the enhance that I liked playing for years is now gone. I might grow to like it after time, but it's still not my old shaman. It feels like I've rerolled (which I'm now going to do, to DH)

Also I don't think it's good in PvP. You have too many globals spent on maintenance buffs and boulderfist, and it's difficult to get enough maelstrom to do what you need to do while also lacking effective means to keep from being kited. Losing ranged snare and grounding totem (why the fuck did they have to remove it?!) sort of ruin enhance PvP for me.

Loving it to be honest, really feels like a you are ENHANCING yourselF with the elements, rather than a weird melee waiting to cast LB

I'm the complete opposite camp, I think the new enhancement is the best it's ever been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Whether or not it's an objectively good change is sort of irrelevant. It is fundamentally a different class now.
    Have to agree with you. I really like the new enhancement, so it is no problem for me. But the decision to completely change a specc like that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I don't mind it, but it's hilarious how much better boulderfist is better as a play style then the garbage rock biter system.

I would prefer if we had some totems tho, you know - like grounding, tremor etc... now we are just a warrior basically.
    Again, you havent answered what I said about totems. We lost grounding and tremor, but we gained counterstrike, windfury, and skyfury as utility. We still have earthgrab totem, we gained wind rush totem, we gained a better version of capacitor totem. Just because we lost two totems, that makes us exactly like a warrior? You never responded in the other forum, so im assuming you actually have no idea what your talking about here, but just in case you do have an idea, how does losing 2 totems but gaining more in return make us more like a warrior than we were before?

On topic- I love it. Most fun Ive had as enhancement for a long long time. We actually live up to the name Enhancement now. Fun rotation, nice skill cap, etc.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-21 at 04:28 PM.

Boulderfist is tops right now because it allows for some downtime instead of the constant rockbiter spam, but having done a little raid testing on Beta you'd be surprised how much we passively gain Maelstrom when your're at raid tier levels of gear. The need for rockbiter and boulderfist will be significantly reduced, allowing you to more easily keep up with frostbrand and flame tongue so you're not always feeling desperate for a free GCD to refresh them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mostly enjoying it right now. One thing I don't like so far is that it sometimes feels like there's not enough abilities that generate maelstrom. So there will be a time where you're just standing there auto attacking for a few seconds and it just kinda bothers me. But what I dislike the most is that fact that they took away pretty much all our totems and even our elementals that we used to be able to summon. So we're basically fury warriors with magic spells instead of rage attacks. I really didn't like that. Most of the new spells now are just attacks nothing really to support us like the earth shield totem or the healing totem. I loved planting a Searing Totem out or the Fire and Earth Elemental totems when fighting tough enemies. Made the fights a lot more fun.

It's like they added a lot of cool things but at the same time they took away a lot of the things that made enhancement so fun and unique for me in the first place. So instead of having that completely satisfied feeling, I have mixed feelings about it despite all the cool new spells. So right now I'm kind of disappointed with how they turned out. It's gonna take a while for me to overlook the fact that I won't be able to summon those elementals anymore or plant totems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Again, you havent answered what I said about totems. We lost grounding and tremor, but we gained counterstrike, windfury, and skyfury as utility. We still have earthgrab totem, we gained wind rush totem, we gained a better version of capacitor totem. Just because we lost two totems, that makes us exactly like a warrior? You never responded in the other forum, so im assuming you actually have no idea what your talking about here, but just in case you do have an idea, how does losing 2 totems but gaining more in return make us more like a warrior than we were before?

On topic- I love it. Most fun Ive had as enhancement for a long long time. We actually live up to the name Enhancement now. Fun rotation, nice skill cap, etc.
    Well we didn't just lose 2 totems we lost a lot of them. Like I said in my post, the Fire and Earth elemental summons, searing totem, healing totem, earth shield totem, the two you mentioned, the AOE fire totem I forget the name of (was kinda useless and I'm ok with that one being gone), and a lot of other totems before WoD and MoP like the mana regen and the resistance and buff totems. So over time enhancement shamans have become less and less about totems and more about just attacking shit like warriors but with magic. The totems were what made shamans unique from other classes. Now they feel basically the same as death knights or rogues with the way their new gameplay style is now (gaining enough energy to pull off abilities). So in a way Daffan is right.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-21 at 04:57 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The new Enhancement reinvigorated my interest in the spec. I had completely abandoned my Shaman because in the last few expansions, the whole design and playstyle of Enh felt aimless and disjointed. The new iteration changed that - it makes sense, looks, sounds and feels great and is finally fun to play again.