Harbingers Preview, July 20 Hotfixes, Doomsayers, Master Loot, Tweets, Ana Patch Live

PTR Maintenance - July 20th, PTR Forum Update, Helltooth Garg WD 2.4.2 Insane DPS

New Hearthstone Swag at San Diego Comic-Con!

Hotfix Patch Notes - July 20th, Balance Q&A Summary & Recap

Ana Patch on Background Downloader, Ana Patch Notes, Lorewatch: Ana Amari

Harbingers - Gul'dan Preview
    Blizzard is releasing the first Harbinger animated short later today!

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - July 20
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Bug Fixes
    Account Services
    • Level 90 boosts were temporarily disabled, and should be again useable.
    • (Work in progress) Fixed multiple issues affecting WoW Token redemption.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Enemies have been weakened in all encounters in Warlords of Draenor dungeons and Hellfire Citadel on all difficulties.
    • Oregorger once again can hold a maximum of 100 Ore.
    • Hellfire Citadel
      • Gripping Shadows damage on Mannoroth reduced by 40% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Overflowing Fel Energy damage on Mannoroth reduced by 50% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Focused/Wrought Chaos damage on Archimonde reduced by 30% in Mythic difficulty.

Items
    • A number of items should no longer provide Legion materials when disenchanted.
    • The Eagletalon Spear can be upgraded using Ancient Heriloom Scabbard, as intended.

Quests
    • The questgiver Lord Maxwell Tyrosus should not disappear after you accept the quest “Argent Call: The Trial of the Crypt”.
    • Malfurion Stormrage should be visible and interactive for Grove Warden turn-in quests, as intended.
    • Corrected an issue that could reset progress on the Shipyard quest “Naval Domination” and restored previous quest progress.
    • The Therazane quest “Controlling the Elements” should again be obtainable for characters who are level 80 and up, and have trained Enchanting.
    • Characters who have a War Mill should now be able to accept quests for Seals of Inevitable Fate while they already have 10 or more Seals.
    • (Work in progress) Fixed a bug that was preventing the Worgen quest “Endgame” from being available.
    • Players should again be able to access Ashran and Ashran quests at level 100.

Transmogrification
    • Crown of the Fire Festival cannot be used as a transmogrification source.
    • (Work in progress) Transmogrification items related to the Warcraft movie should be granted to players who logged in during the promotion.

User Interface
    • You should no longer be prompted to select Honor Talents until you reach level 110.

Zones
    • Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest were temporarily missing from the random battleground playlist.
    • (Work in progress) Cold Weather Flying should be granted to characters who previously obtained it.
    • Dalaran (Northrend) should again have a Trade Chat channel.

Legion - Doomsayers Are Live
    One of the smaller parts of the events leading up to Legion is live! You can visit the Doomsayer NPCs located in Stormwind and Orgrimmar to collect their pamphlets to earn the It All Makes Sense Now achievement. The Doomsayers only hand out pamphlets every 20 minutes and you can get duplicates, so it may take a while!

Master Loot & Guild Master Loot
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Just to clarify, there are more than two loot options here. No one's forcing raids to use Personal Loot, just because Master is off the table. (Though I am requesting that people give it a try and let us know what you think, since there have been significant improvements. Or don't. Your choice.)

As a player, in my own guild raids, we've used Need/Greed for as long as I can remember, sometimes just passing on contested stuff, figuring out who should get it, and then having them loot it. Uncontested stuff just gets Needed and ends up in the player's hands immediately. It always seemed simpler than manually assigning each piece. But maybe we're weird.

If you aren't a guild group, other Group-Loot-based methods remain available for your use in raids (both Need/Greed and FFA). Obviously that opens the door to ninja-looting, which is why I asked about that concern in my first post. But if you aren't worried that one of your friends/guildmates is going to steal something and vanish, then the only loss is the slight of inconvenience people needing to loot items off a corpse, or having someone trade items around to whoever's awarded them. I of course understand the desire to avoid any inconvenience, and we've tried to minimize the impact on static raiding groups, but we feel that curbing harmful uses (and abuses) of Master Loot in pickup groups is a benefit that offsets those costs.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Update on Ashran
    Thanks for making this thread. We're working on getting Ashran back up and running properly and I want to give you an update on some of the issues you mentioned.

1) Maps are not working - mini map and the big map are bugged. if you press M you will see stormshield and not ashran, you will need to click to see the ashran map even then it doesn't always work.
    We're working on a fix for this.

2) Rares are like raid bosses now, takes long to kill them, so you cant solo it or with 2-3 people because that can take you 30+ minutes lol
    The target item level for PvP templates was set too low. Players were given stats on par with someone in 700 item level gear. We've already bumped that up to 740. This change should help a bit with this problem.

4) When you join, you will need to enable pvp by clicking on ur portrait, everyone will need to do this or healers cant heal you. they can only heal the people who have pvp enabled.
    We have a fix in testing for this problem.

5) You cannot bring any premades in, if you try to join someone by grouping up with them you will be thrown in another ashran
    We'll investigate this one. It should follow the same behavior as battlegrounds. You should be able to enter with a party of up to 5 people.

6) Legendary rings/Trinkets/Gliders no longer work in Ashran but nukes still work for some weird reason
    Engineering toys like gliders will have their functionality restored in a future patch. Sorry no ETA on that. It is a complicated fix. The other items you mentioned are not intended to work.

Not sure how long it will stay this way, but for now this is what is going on in Ashran, you can still play in Ashran the rewards are 200 honor, gold & a box, but you don't really get honor.
    We have a fix in testing to change the rewards to a strongbox similar to what you get from a battleground and a Mark of Honor (useful for buying old PvP gear sets). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Collecting Appearances
    So it seems not all the items you have equipped in the past are showing in the appearances tab. My warrior raided through out wrath, yet not all the sets I collected or weapons I had are showing on him. Also some of the old PvP sets from that era are missing.
    You'll only have those appearances unlocked if your Warrior still has those items in their inventory, bank or void storage. If you've long since vendored those items, then their appearances won't have been unlocked.

What was the point in mentioning old quest rewards then? I can't imagine many held onto those? So we can't use them? not good.
    Quest rewards should be unlocked as we can track what quests you have completed.

While historically we can see which bosses you've killed and how many times you've killed them, the period of time for which we can check which items dropped, and who got what, is not something we track indefinitely. The same goes for items purchased from vendors.

He got whirlwind axe back though
    Yep, because that weapon is a quest reward.

I heard that rewards from removed quests would be added as well. However when I logged my other hunter who's here from vanilla times, it doesn't seem to be the case. Is it the way it should be or they will be added in the near future?
    We are aware that some appearances haven't been added, this is something we're working on. If you can remember any specific items you're missing then the best thing to do would be to submit a Bug Report detailing the missing items.

(Note: you won't get a reply to bug reports but it will help us hone in on the items.) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Wardrobe Fill Throttling
    Is anyone else having an issue with several items not populating in the wardrobe?
    You may have to wait a few minutes upon logging in for things to populate. If all else fails, log out and back in after a few minutes.

If it's gear you had at one point, but no longer have in your Void Storage, bank, etc., then that gear won't be added - those you would need to find again. If it's gear across multiple characters, make sure to log in to every character.

PS: 10/10 title (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mythic Dungeon Cap
    What is the highest amount of mythic that you can do? I thought it was like Eight, but Im seeing youtube videos of like 10-11?
    The system is virtually endless (ok, technically there's a cap, but if you somehow reach it we're probably banning you...). Achievements currently go up to +15. Loot currently stops improving past +10, and everything past that is for bragging rights or cosmetic unlocks. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Transport Issues
    We've received a few reports about the zepellins and boats not arriving or functioning as they should. We're looking into this now and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

For the time-being, please seek portals from friendly neighborhood mages or (if you have them unlocked) utilise the portals available to some destinations from Orgrimmar/Stormwind. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    idk if this was answered, but are primal spirits becoming boa/ non bop in legion?
    Not immediately, but we plan to make some changes in a later patch to simplify Draenor crafting. (WarcraftDevs)

Is it intended that me as a enchant/jeweler are supposed to get scribe recips from bosses as loot? Just got that!
    Some recipes are unbound and drop for everyone. Give it to an alt, drop it in the guild bank, or sell it! (WarcraftDevs)

What's the intent behind Potion of Deadly Grace? It seems to do nothing at all for casters...
    Rather than granting stats, it grants a proc that deals extra damage. Numbers will be buffed in the next Beta build. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE
    Will we be able to access the LFR versions of Warlord's raids in Legion like we can with Pandaria's?
    Yep, once you level past 100. That will be Seer Kazal's new purpose once Weekly Events move to Legion. (WatcherDev)

a lot of the current nerfs/buffs do not reflect the reality of the power of each class, what data is this based upon?
    .Internal and external testing. Remember that during beta, individuals' views of the overall state of things is very limited. (Celestalon)
    Is it fair to balance a spec based on gear they won't have until well over a year into the expansion though?
    No; we are not doing that. (Celestalon)

Will there be a Mistwalker achievment equivalent for Warlords?
    No, as mentioned in the original announcement of the Mistwalker title: (WarcraftDevs)

Mobs in Legion zones scale just by character level and not item level correct? Some misnformation has been going around.
    Legion's world scaling is only based on player level. (WarcraftDevs)

World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 2
    Another World of Warcraft Chronicle book is on the way, releasing in March 2017.

Overwatch - Ana and Balance Patch Live
    A new Overwatch patch has been released! It includes Ana and several balance changes, with larger changes to Zenyatta and D.Va.

How about removing the rep requirements on the tabards (and a select few toys?) Why even have an account shared tabard tab if you can only use the few without rep requirements on everyone?

So stoked for Chronicles Volume 2. Literally got Volume 1 yesterday. Thanks Nobbel87 for getting me into the lore!

10+ Year Old Account
    why did the mats available from garrison trading post quadruple in cost? I cannot find a blue post, or this in the patch notes ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokurei View Post
    How about removing the rep requirements on the tabards (and a select few toys?) Why even have an account shared tabard tab if you can only use the few without rep requirements on everyone?
    Because they think it's more immersive and it belongs to a character (not the account).
    They make everything Account-Wide, yet those couple of things not.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Well... Lord Maxwell Tyronus Doesn't Disappear after Argent Call: Trial of the Crypt. No Now he disappears after accepting Argent Call: The Noxious Glade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Because they think it's more immersive and it belongs to a character (not the account).
    They make everything Account-Wide, yet those couple of things not.
    Oh I get it, only certain faction-exclusive reps on certain xpacs, while others such as cata factions, base horde/alliance factions, even the warsong outriders tabard don't require exalted to use. Makes total sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokurei View Post
    Oh I get it, only certain faction-exclusive reps on certain xpacs, while others such as cata factions, base horde/alliance factions, even the warsong outriders tabard don't require exalted to use. Makes total sense to me.
    I was agreeing with what you said. No worries.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It's every 15 minutes for the pamphlets unless they changed it from beta.

Edit: Just checked. Still 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2016-07-21 at 05:42 PM.

You can also get pamphlets each time you die and resurrect so you can have or pay someone to res you and keep getting pamphlets without waiting the 15 minutes each time.

Just completed it in 10 minutes that way.

7+ Hours yesterday for the Doomsayers to give me the 12 Pamphlets.
    LOTS of duplicate ones ...so fuuuun!
    Went to bed with 11 of them, woke up this am ,waited 10 min then got the one I needed.
    Be ready for a LONG camp, if you log out ...it will not count towards the time between pamphlets so be warned...unless you do the "death - Res" bypass.

If you play Horde there is a Doomsayer in the Valley of Wisdom right next to the graveyard. All you have to do is get a pamphlet,then fly over to the graveyard and fall to your death,then rez and run over to the Doomsayer, repeat till you have all 12 pamphlets.

Took me 80 fucking pamphlets...RNGesus hates me.

Seconds away from purchasing the book ... then noticed "Dark Horse" ... yeah. Definitely the worst part of the production is that company.

I ended up having to suicide over and over to get the pamphlets. Tried the legit way and it never reset. Even after logging out, going to the doctor, coming back (2 hours later) -- nope.

Deleted
    last addon? seems be boring