Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I spent about 4 hours installing and perfecting ELVUI last night but really all I want is tidyplates back.

The new plates are horrible.

Deleted
    i agree the new name plates aren't great. but i have a far greater issue with the new Damage font and the way it flies around, my auto attacks leave the screen so fast i can't even read the text....

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    To be honest, I could most people who like this change i.e it "looks more dynamic and flashy!" be the same crowd who isn't exactly using addons for, reasons. It feels as if they sacrificed utility knowing people who want it will go out and get it for the sake of making it visually pleasing and colorful aswell as flashy for, people who like that and don't much care about getting proper information out of it.
    TBH with all the changes they've made in legion to dumb down the UI or make it look better on lower res, I'm really starting to think they're trying to push wow onto consoles. Used to be a joke and a bad conspiracy theory, but with the huge pruning of abilities plus the pointless camera distance nerf and nameplate change that no one asked for, plus the removal of extremely useful information in the character panel, well. . . .

Mind you, I'm not saying it's killing the game or anything, as others have said I can mod it all back, and I've been having a really good time in the Legion beta, bugs and all - no complaint. I do think that moving the game backwards in so many little ways is a shame, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Oplawlz, my biggest gripe is the change to class colors and a lime green for allies. It's terrible. I'm trying to get a decent screenshot from a BG to underline it but there's simply no contrast anymore for anything outside of DKs who are by default a very faint red.

I still just barrage into the mess and let the paramedics sort it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Not needing ui mods to see resources or debuffs is rad.
    Yeah, I've been using an addon called Galvin's Unitbars for many, many years, and Statusbars before that, for this exact purpose. Resource bar right in the middle of the screen, only shows during combat, means I don't need to look away to play the game.

I'm still using that addon in 7.0, have the new personal bars turned off, as their position changes and I find that annoying. But this is definitely a major improvement in the default UI.