Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    10 pages yet no one has posted a video or even a gif? I'm disappointed.
    too busy trying to figure out how my class works again .. sorry :P x

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I can play games w/o getting attached to the character just fine. but don't expect me to stick around during content lulls or do "MMO-busywork stuff" to occupy me. For that I DO need a character I like and want to spend time with.

I'll probably sub to Legion for a month, do the story and then freeze my account for a year until all patch content is out. Then I play that and freeze again til next addon.
    its hard that blizz does care such less for long term loyal customers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Allow me to make one thing perfectly clear:

In Tom Chilton's own words; if people didn't recognize their character and felt the need to return to the old model, then they had failed in regards to the model revamp project.

A lot of people are unhappy about the models and find them unrecognizeable for a lot of perfectly valid reasons, "better" or "worse" barely enters into it, if it wasn't faithfully recreated and people are calling them out on this then that is Blizzard's problem, not just the player... Especially since they're effectively undoing the "standard" they failed to meet with this new animation change... with no action or promise of addressing the concerns that some of us had with the new models to begin with.

Just consider that the next time you feel the need to barge in and belittle someone's complaints about the new models compared to the original ones. We're simply trying to hold Blizzard to their word (not that it's doing much...) , because this is one of WoD's features they can't pull the "well we didn't really promise" card.

They did make promises, they said they were going to retain the soul of the characters; "the same, but HD", which is obviously not the case with a lot of these models. Additionally they implemented an unfinished/uneven feature, with a few of the new models not being nearly up to par in terms of quality compared to the more polished races.
    thats absolutelly right. and its a shame. nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the biggest problems with the new run animations is, that me and others get sick and/or dizzy (no joke) of that "jumpy" running behaviour.

models (especially undead male) bouncing so heavy up and down, that my stomach rebels after 1min looking at the screen. was the same since years with raptor mounts.

even if i would like the new run animations, i had to change all my undeads. thats horrible.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-21 at 02:36 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQGRhbGA2Oo

I watched this video. I literally saw so little difference that I stopped watching and marked this as "loonies".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I literally saw so little difference that I stopped watching and marked this as "loonies".
    It's quite noticeable actually and I never played Tauren myself. This change will be very "in your face" if you played them for years, just as the uneven and plump new Draenei running animation with severely reduced waggle is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's quite noticeable actually and I never played Tauren myself. This change will be very "in your face" if you played them for years, just as the uneven and plump new Draenei running animation with severely reduced waggle is to me.
    Eh, not really true. I have been playing since the original beta. For most of the classes I don't notice at all. I notice the female Orc when I really concentrate on it, same with female Dranei but unless I am looking for it, I don't see it. So, for me at least, I wouldn't say it's "really" noticeable on any of my characters.

It's less of an issue of how big the differences actually are and more of a difference of how much you care about them. The more you care, the more you will notice. Time played has very little to do with it.

You care more, you notice far more. It sucks that it's gone down like this and for what technical reasons Blizzard had decided that it's not prudent or possible to keep the old animations in for those who prefer them. But as the unwashed masses we have little more than their word that it's a technical issue as to why that is. Take it or leave it I suppose. In either case it doesn't seem like it's going to change much.