Poll: Do you LIKE the Sensor Penalty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good idea, badly implemented. Kinda like garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    No. I hate any censorship. Freedom of speech is important. Even if someone is only flaming, I really don't care and just ignore it. This just makes WoW more anti social. Anger tooo is an emotion which people should be able to express.
    Except wow is also a kids game. That's an important factor. You couldn't walk around disney world shouting fag. And since we know the chat filter aint perfect. I'm fine with it. Freedom of speech does not apply on private property, and a server is private property. Blizzard can do as they please.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    The new jaylock bait, so fresh, much new, very different.

I think OP should be silenced. Would make a better MMO-C experience for sure.
    Why are you so rude to me? You didn't even contribute to the thread and just resorted to insulting me.

You would be reported and silenced in this case.

It has potential for abuse and i hope they deal with the abusers harshly and publicly and stop that from becoming common.

But i already see an improvement on the realms i play on. People asking game related questions and getting polite answers, trade being once again for trading, less gold sellers, etc.

Overall i think this feature is good for the game, it will make chat interactions more about the game and not about the trolls that only seek attention and drama, it will make player interactions less hostile and newbies wont be drowned in crap to find 1 useful response if they ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are you so rude to me? You didn't even contribute to the thread and just resorted to insulting me.

You would be reported and silenced in this case.
    You are late to the topic, Jaylock. We had too many threads discussing it already. Just saying.

Only immature people and kids won't like this.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Only immature people and kids won't like this.
    This is an example of a phrase that will get you silenced.

Idea is solid, but the implementation is crap. There being an automated system to issue the bans is the problem. I could get my guild to report anyone at anytime and get them silenced until it got reviewed which just isn't how the system is supposed to work.

Deleted
    I love it! It's great group content to do with the guild, silence ban the F out of everyone on trade, lfr and general group content. They should make an app for it and call it Silentmon go, got to ban em all!

I like it as is. Working as intended. People wrongfully silence can go submit a ticket and be on their way. It takes care of so much more issues than the little incidents that people get effected. Blizzard will probably take action against those who wrongfully abuse the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    True, but you do actually ignore the many people making "anal [abilityhere]" jokes in trade or just grit your teeth and move on?

The silence penalty has a chilling effect on crappy speech like that-- it makes people less likely to be annoying in the first place.
    I really don't give two much of a flying fuck what people say in chats, weathers its at me or in general (although I will jump in if someone's getting bashed without reason) but there have been occasions this system would of been a god send. During TBC people spamming Dirge that, did my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    It's a horrid idea because like all other idiotic, utopia-like ideas, it doesn't take into account human nature.
    Human nature can be different to each individual, so if its in someone's nature to be a cunt they should be exempt?

Personally I think the system is great, if you don't do anything wrong, you shouldn't get silenced and you shouldn't be complaing about it. That being said, at the moment, from what I gather reading peoples status / posts here a lot of people can easily abuse the system, so this needs to be looked into and reworked.

People can literally make 40 trial accounts, report somebody they don't like, and silence!

Great ideas(in blizzard land, where logic goes to die)
    a: Let trial accounts(who cant even use chat) report
    b: Automatically silence(squelch, whatever) pending a gm review
    c: Lie about how it worked(No automation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I like the idea very much. Obviously, it needs some tweaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    People can literally make 40 trial accounts, report somebody they don't like, and silence!

Great ideas(in blizzard land, where logic goes to die)
    a: Let trial accounts(who cant even use chat) report
    b: Automatically silence(squelch, whatever) pending a gm review
    c: Lie about how it worked(No automation)
    I think this is simply a case of, don't say stupid shit and you won't get silenced. Pretty simple if you ask me.

It's a bold move from Blizzard and I think that people will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    The #friendshipmoose guy got silenced by paid boost sellers because he drives their prices down.
    That's one side of the story. But how often was he advertising? On my realm I see people advertising their runs as often as the timer will allow them, to the point where it does become spam and several people will complain about it. I'm sure boost sellers had a hand in it, but it's also possible that he was being excessive with it and other random people got annoyed with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    surprised you didn't compare blizzard to erdogan
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    That's one side of the story. But how often was he advertising? On my realm I see people advertising their runs as often as the timer will allow them, to the point where it does become spam and several people will complain about it. I'm sure boost sellers had a hand in it, but it's also possible that he was being excessive with it and other random people got annoyed with it.
    He posted a group in the premade finder...

If a group in the premade finder is spam, speaking in a global chat is also spam
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you personally LIKE the Sensor "Silence" Penalty?

Personally I like it, because I don't act like a total douche in game to warrant such a penalty. Trade chat is now relatively clean and free of toxic bile and political discussion. I like it a lot.

If you like / dislike it, what is the reason for you either liking it or disliking it?
    No because it is simply a new tool for trolls or opinionated people who just do not agree with what someone else says. Add to that the fact that it is totally automated.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I love the concept of this.

Over time it will indeed improve the community, although it will take a while to weed out the offenders and the (just as bad) abusers of the system. But it will happen and eventually people will take it seriously.