Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.0.x Balance Druid Talents?

Looking for some advice in regards to the 15/75/90/100 talents for optimizing DPS in pre-patch. Intuition tells me FoN / Incarnation / Blessing of Ancients / Fury of Elune is the ideal route but i haven't had the time to practice on the PTR to try other options. Can anyone provide me input on this matter?

Read the legion balance Druid thread...

Quote Originally Posted by robbymc88 View Post
    Read the legion balance Druid thread...
    You are kidding right ? 1500 posts there.....

The guide is wrong. It isn't really written for pre-patch by the look of it. The top parses are taking Starlord, SotF, BoA, and Stellar Drift. If you look more you may see some people taking Stellar Flare on some fights but IMO it isn't worth it. More Stellar Flare = Less starsurge procs from SoC. I'm not seeing any Stellar Flare on the top pre-patch logs. Trinkets should be SoC and DSI.

Also would like to know, now that i'm casual i no longer have time to check in depth data ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthegoat View Post
    Just think about how the talents interact differently when you remove our moonmoon spell in Legion. I would guess that FoE is bad since it will be much harder to maintain it for any length of time. Blessing of the Ancients Blessing of Elune sounds good due to the increased number of Starfire and Wraths we will be casting.

Not sure if that is correct but it makes sense if the talents are somewhat balanced already.

Also remember talents are situational.
    I think FoE still might be optimal if you do not have class trinket. With class trinket you would go stellar drift.

Quote Originally Posted by exolaris View Post
    I think FoE still might be optimal if you do not have class trinket. With class trinket you would go stellar drift.
    Why stellar drift with trinket? I don't see how the two interact. Is it just because it's another buffed dot from free starfall?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Why stellar drift with trinket? I don't see how the two interact. Is it just because it's another buffed dot from free starfall?
    Stellar Drift (T100) increases the size (30%) and damage (20%) of Starfall - which your class trinket procs for free when you Starsurge. Thats why you take that talent if you have the class trinket.

What you are thinking of is Stellar Flare (the other dot you can get from talents that benefit from Starfall's Empowerment)

With trinket it's a straight up damage buff. FoE isn't competetive with SoC and the Mastery from HFC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Stellar Drift (T100) increases the size (30%) and damage (20%) of Starfall - which your class trinket procs for free when you Starsurge. Thats why you take that talent if you have the class trinket.

What you are thinking of is Stellar Flare (the other dot you can get from talents that benefit from Starfall's Empowerment)
    Ah thanks, that clears things up. Guess I need to switch my talents.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    We did HFC HC and few HFC Mythic bosses last night. I used Starlord, Inc or Stellar Flare, BoTA or Shooting Stars and Nature's Balance.

Balance druid overall felt good, smooth and fun. Actually compared to Legion Beta the pre-patch moonkin is much more fun to play, this might be due the fact I am still pretty bad with Fury of Elune, and I don't know boss mechanics on Beta.

About the actual damage on live: It's insanely good, I feel like I can sustain the dps higher than pre prepatch. I am insanely happy how good and fun balance druid feels with class trinket.

Last night raid: We killed 13/13HC and 3/13M, just for testing.
    There was one boss I wasn't in top-5 dps, 4 bosses I did do most dps and rest bosses I were third-fifth. Overall this is better than with WoD talents.

Mythic Iron Reaver and Council: I did top dps on these both, Reaver is single target and Council is cleave. On Reaver I used Inc+BoTA, on Council StellarF+ShootingStars. I am not 100% sure if my talent choice on Council was best possible because of bosses die pretty fast, and I'll end up single targeting Dia for 30sec+.

Here is link to logs from last night, keep in mind that I was completely noob with talents at start, I've had very limited time to play on beta and I have been only practicing Fury of Elune, which can't be used on live currently because it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayshay View Post
    He seems to dissagree with everything on Icy Veins. Chooses FON over Starlord, sotf over flare, Fury over either of the other two. Did he update that post since the 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    He seems to dissagree with everything on Icy Veins. Chooses FON over Starlord, sotf over flare, Fury over either of the other two. Did he update that post since the 7th?
    Honestly, with all the changes, i found Flare a bit to much to deal with mentally at the moment. Don't underestimate FoN, either, they actually pack quite a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Honestly, with all the changes, i found Flare a bit to much to deal with mentally at the moment. Don't underestimate FoN, either, they actually pack quite a punch.
    Just tested on some dummies, going for starlord, flare and Natures balance was significantly more dps than using FON/soul/Fury. Maybe things will change with the Artefact talents though because he mentions those when choosing which is the better talent.

With flare the rotation becomes: Lunar Strike on pull for power, SF/MF/Flare up, Alignment then spam wrath/SS until 3 stacks of lunar empowerment, Lunar strike to clear all 3 stacks then go back to wrath/SS until you build 3 stacks of lunar up again. Refresh dots when necessary. Simple to keep track of with the new weakaura set here on mmo.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2016-07-22 at 02:06 PM.

Fury is pretty crap if you have the class trinket. Only good when you need burst.

The rotation is obvious, but in practice not that easy to deal with if you still need to get the old muscle memory out.

If I don't have SoC, I wish I did, NB is better than drift, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    About Soul of the forest: at the moment I am using Blessing of Elune, as it seems better for bosses (more Astral Power from casts).

My question is, what is Blessing of An'she for? Am I missing something?
    Cheers

Kael'thas.

And any other fights with ungodly amounts of time were you just sit around waiting for something to happen.

An'she could also be useful if its a fight with a lot of multidoting and/or a lot of movement (basically any fight where getting to turret and hard cast isn't happening enough) - That being said, An'she feels undertuned, in that unless i'm running 60% of the time, Elune feels like i'm getting more astral from it.

Edit: Ugh, morning coffee not fully active, Completely forgot about shooting stars, which is clearly a better talent for the multidot scenario.

So like Huth said, An'she only really fits when you have few targets and high movement/or are unable to cast. Feels pretty niche.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-07-25 at 01:53 PM.