Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What if... Erdogan sides with ISIS to form a neo-ottoman caliphate?

Let's be honest: there is a lot of evidence, that Erdogan actually sympathises with the islamic state. At least we know that he tries to establish a strict and proud Muslim Culture in his own country, which Atatürk initially tried to seperate from politics.

Now comes the plot twist: What if Erdogan secretly wants to cooperate/merge with his personal SS (ISIS), a mob full of radical fanatics that will so the dirty work for him?

It would lead to a NATO ragequit, but his chances to get in the EU are below zero anyway. He was never more megalomaniac then now! This has a potential for a 3rd world war O_o
    Last edited by mmoc5461ee9f4c; 2016-07-21 at 06:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Europe should just lay down and let social justice happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    Let's be honest: there is a lot of evidence, that Erdogan actually sympathises with the islamic state. At least we know that he tries to establish a strict and proud Muslim Culture in his own country, which Atatürk initially tried to seperate from politics.

Now comes the plot twist: What if Erdogan secretly wants to cooperate/merge with his personal SS (ISIS), a mob full of radical fanatics that will so the dirty work for him?

It would lead to a NATO ragequit, but his chances to get in the EU are below zero anyway. He was never more megalomaniac then now! This has a potential for a 3rd world war O_o
    the world is definitively well overdue on having a major conflict. Especially people studying cycles know that.

It is unavoidable that something happens. Some people believe that we can all be friends and get along and it is an admirable though, but it is impossible to happen. Peace is a way too fragile construct depending on billion of factors starting from overpopulation over resources to extremism which ultimate will shatter it.

People need to realize that. Looking at the bigger picture we have lived in a very peaceful era and it simply can't continue indefinitely.

(it doesn't mean Erdogan and ISIS are going to be best buddys and attack the world though. If it happens we won't get to know it. That you can be sure of)

Deleted
    We're all fucked

Maybe then we can finally stop pretending that Erdogan is our buddy. Fuck that prick.

I don't see that happening though. He wants to be the sole ruler. The religion thing is just riding the coattails of morons that are easy to exploit.

Deleted
    ... And putin filling the role of stalin
    ... Saudi Arabia as italy / Mussolini

Do they go the hitler route and try to take over the world? If so I am gonna move as far away from everything possible until the dust settles.

This is nothing but a topic to start nation bashing....

The entire topic is based on fantasies and fear/warmongering.

Deleted
    Turkey has the 7th biggest Army in the world, so there is definetly some sort of potential here to blitzkrieg very efficiently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does Turkey have a nuclear arsenal? I know there are some nukes in the country stationed at foreign bases (American etc.), not sure if they could forcefully take those.

They'd be fucked without (the threat of) nuclear weapons to back up in today's world, as they'd just get invaded by pretty much everybody straight away.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Does Turkey have a nuclear arsenal? I know there are some nukes in the country stationed at foreign bases (American etc.), not sure if they could forcefully take those.

They'd be fucked without (the threat of) nuclear weapons to back up in today's world, as they'd just get invaded by pretty much everybody straight away.
    I'm guessing that if Turkey decided to blitz the American Airbase that has the nukes, there would be some sort of self-destruct failsafe to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm guessing that if Turkey decided to blitz the American Airbase that has the nukes, there would be some sort of self-destruct failsafe to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.
    I wonder how the whole "nuking procedure" actually works. I mean are they primed and the whole launch codes thing is just protocol or are they secured in some way so that they can't be (easily) tampered with? I don't think most of the designs couldn't be re-purposed relatively quickly, as afaik most of them are actually fairly simple and require mostly the right materials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wonder how the whole "nuking procedure" actually works. I mean are they primed and the whole launch codes thing is just protocol or are they secured in some way so that they can't be (easily) tampered with? I don't think most of the designs couldn't be re-purposed relatively quickly, as afaik most of them are actually fairly simple and require mostly the right materials.
    I don't know, but I can't imagine they don't have a way to destroy them quickly if need be. Obviously I don't mean by setting them off, but there has to be something they can do. Douse them in some sort of acid that reacts with the Uranium/Plutonium maybe, or something like that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what would actually happen, but I do believe we will likely see some major conflict in the next few years, maybe this will be it?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    ISIS won't do shit. It's irrelevant and will fade int oobscurity eventually. Turkey might become very nationalistic and attack Europe in the coming years though.

Deleted
    Difference between ISIS and Turkey is that ISIS is made of people who have nothing to lose, they are mostly people with no goals in life, they achieved nothing, so they tried to bring some meaning to their lives with their cruel rule, but it's already being diminished day by day. Now as for Turkey and Erdogan, they would loose A LOT ...

Kurds are 1/4 of entire Turkey population, Russia, Europe, Syria and USA would all turn against them, probably even the Saudis since they like being the main ruling Muslim country in the world. Also I don't think turkish people actually want a full blown Muslim-state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    Turkey has the 7th biggest Army in the world, so there is definetly some sort of potential here to blitzkrieg very efficiently.
    To be fair though, a large percentage of their army is conscripted. Untested, inexperienced battle ignorant civies.

Yeah, because it's well known that the Ottomans and not-puppet Caliphs had a good situation.

The first caliphate islamic state was totally not founded in Sudan in late 19th century. That state was totally not a war-the Madhist War-against Egypt under the legal fiction of an Turkish protectorate...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't know, but I can't imagine they don't have a way to destroy them quickly if need be. Obviously I don't mean by setting them off, but there has to be something they can do. Douse them in some sort of acid that reacts with the Uranium/Plutonium maybe, or something like that.
    I guess that might do the trick. Afaik most use the gun gun configuration or the spherical one where they just explode something and get the reaction that way, that would probably be seriously hampered if the inside of your nuke were a puddle of goo. But then again the uranium still is radioactive with the right isotope just in another form, so I'm not sure that is enough.

Ah well anyway, this year is shaping up to one of the worst ones in recent years and it's still going downhill..

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    the world is definitively well overdue on having a major conflict. Especially people studying cycles know that.

It is unavoidable that something happens. Some people believe that we can all be friends and get along and it is an admirable though, but it is impossible to happen. Peace is a way too fragile construct depending on billion of factors starting from overpopulation over resources to extremism which ultimate will shatter it.

People need to realize that. Looking at the bigger picture we have lived in a very peaceful era and it simply can't continue indefinitely.

(it doesn't mean Erdogan and ISIS are going to be best buddys and attack the world though. If it happens we won't get to know it. That you can be sure of)
    Sorry, not going to happen. After WW2 the US War Agenda is preventing WW3 and the use of nukes. Honestly, we knew we landed the first one it was a game changer. Soon after every country would have them, or try to get them, and it will end of the world. Outside of extremists, no one in their right mind wants that.

So we set up mock war in the ME to drum up the constant state of War tech. This is to ensure they we are ahead in the game of counter nuke technology. A good way to test your systems, and ensure your CoC works.

But beyond that, it will never happen. There is too much at stake, and secondly, the US has too much counter tech and so far ahead in Navy that a nuke war would leave the US largely intact outside of Fallout.

Why do you think we spend so much on Military?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.