Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The biggest issue with this system is that they lied.
    They didn't.
    They said about the penalty after the investigation.
    They didn't say anything about anything before the investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? Look, 1) PEOPLE ARE BORED. They're also out to mess with the system, some are likely out to try to abuse this to get it removed. 2) It doesn't need to be manual, but it probably needs to have a word list that it checks - profanity, racist terms, etc.

Does the system guard against being gamed? Not well enough - if you get 40 people reporting you it assumes there's a valid reason vs that you're a streamer etc. But let's be honest here - in the VAST majority of cases you and I and Joe Random Player aren't going to get mass reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They didn't.
    Lies by omission are lies too. Grow up. Wake up. Smarten up.

They didn't.
    Maybe this will help:

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/752965839192666112

"as mentioned in the blog, investigation is first."

First, step 1. There is no step 0, people don't count that way (unless they are software developers).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Does the system guard against being gamed? Not well enough - if you get 40 people reporting you it assumes there's a valid reason vs that you're a streamer etc. But let's be honest here - in the VAST majority of cases you and I and Joe Random Player aren't going to get mass reported.
    The last sentence might become untrue as more people get to know about the system and uncover the benefits of abusing it (one such benefit, for example, is that currently the silenced player gets disconnected - that's useful in a metric ton of cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm glad it happened. They need to stop just giving out mounts to undeserving people who just want carries to free mounts and gear. He was probably posting some nasty stuff too to get reported.
    Yeah sure he was Jaylock. Or you know because mass reporting auto triggers a silence whether the guy was in the right or not?

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    Currently people also mention this system being trialled with Heroes of the Storm, and chat in it being very dead now. Like being silenced for commenting on someone's talent choice. Who knows whether it's true though.
    Hopefully someone has a link to that tweet. If it was a genuine GM ticket then it was a silence upheld on appeal because the player stated another player's hero and talent choices were bad for the current match up instead of stopping what they were doing to explain in detail. IMHO the GM was reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Not ironic at all. Obvious more like. They probably won't reverse this either.

I can't wait to hear from GMs mad they are getting live chats for shit unrelated to the ticket because in order to get into a Live Chat you have to write dumb shit on your ticket.
    Actually, if you read the topic you would've known this case has already been reverted. Nice try though!

or did you mean revert the whole concept? Why, because 1 or 2 false positives?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Maybe this will help:

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/752965839192666112

"as mentioned in the blog, investigation is first."

First, step 1. There is no step 0, people don't count that way (unless they are software developers).

- - - Updated - - -

The last sentence might become untrue as more people get to know about the system and uncover the benefits of abusing it (one such benefit, for example, is that currently the silenced player gets disconnected - that's useful in a metric ton of cases).
    And it bloody isn't investigation first of course because of the auto trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Actually, if you read the topic you would've known this case has already been reverted. Nice try though!

It wasn't a false positive per se. It was a mass amount of reports triggering an auto silence. When we were told the system was investigation first and action second. Yes it was reverted we are not debating that but it should not have happened in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah sure he was Jaylock. Or you know because mass reporting auto triggers a silence whether the guy was in the right or not?
    So are you trying to tell me, people reported him for having a friendship moose group up and going?

Deleted
    Silent ban is great content!! Just the other evening me and my guildies just reported everyone that was on trade advertising for their guilds. It was hilarious! At first we couldn't believe that such a dumb system went live and was so easy to abuse. Then we just laughed our balls off.

So are you trying to tell me, people reported him for having a friendship moose group up and going?
    If you mass report someone it auto triggers a silence without investigation. So basically you can abuse the system.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korkk View Post
    https://twitter.com/Zelse007/status/755907002635878401

I guess the GM who investigated didn't like all the friendship. Since no one will be silenced without an investigation, right?
    It's automated. We all know it's automated.

Even if Blizz says it isn't automated, this proves it's automated and the abuse is gonna get worse before they patch this out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't get how everyone didn't think of this when it was first talked about. I 100% knew this kind of thing would happen. Every single seller of any in game product is going to get as many people as they can to spam report any other person trying to sell where they are. Blizzard is going to create a huge amount of false reports because people are trying to weed out their competition.

It wasn't a false positive. I meant the whole system quite clearly. Acting sarcastic/smart isn't a good fit when you make up BS to support your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any feature that blizzard makes can be abused. thats the risk.
    There is always 2 sides to it, never go fully one sided please.
    In this case though, if you get get a few friends togather you can have someone unable to use the chat for month on end if you like.
    Having an automated system for bans like this is a horrible idea.

There's also the fact that Blizzard assured players that EVERY case was going to be reviewd befor any action was taken and they clearly lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    It wasn't a false positive. I meant the whole system quite clearly. Acting sarcastic/smart isn't a good fit when you make up BS to support your view.
    aaaw, is that your super objective view acting up again?

When something like this gets implemented, it will get abused. It's to be expected with the current playerbase. And tbh, rather that, than to leave the community be and see it turn even more toxic than the HOTS or LoL communities.

HOTS or LoL communities.
    Strange, both those games have this exact system and you still consider them toxic, its almost like this system is shit and doesn't work

Oh no! Some streamer was silenced from self-promoting under the guise of being nice to people. I think I feel a tear coming on.

Are there people that actually don't think its automated. wow, poor souls.

Deleted
    They didn't.
    I say "this potato is 5$ now". And You want it, you give me 5$ and I give you the potato.
    Then I say "oh, and you have to also pay my 1$ each day from now on".

Now, I never said anything about a price after the initial one... but I didn't deny it either. Yet it was still a lie. And for my example it's illegal.
    Now, for Blizzard in this case with the report and stuff, it's not illegal. But it's still a lie. A lie by omission.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. In fact, some other guy, Asmogold or something, also tested the system. He said "I love World of Warcraft" and asked people to report him for that. A few minutes later he was silenced.

The system is automatic, if a few people dislike you or what you say, no matter if it's not insulting, they can silence you by reporting you.

In this case, people most likely silenced the moose guy as many people SELL their runs and he made them for free. So, why would people buy your product when they can get it for free from someone else?