Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure what most of you are saying about MM performance, the hunter in my guild is absolutely destroying most meters
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Im not sure what most of you are saying about MM performance, the hunter in my guild is absolutely destroying most meters
    I don't think anyone's saying it doesn't perform well, we're saying it's aids to play.

Marksman rotation is simply disgusting. Blizzard have probably too much money and want ppl puke instead of pay subscription and play more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    MM is fucked, hate regen wuth arcane and standing still fir aimed.. No burst or kill shot to make you feel like you are doing anything
    Not having KS and the careful aim phases(because you have to take LW since they didn't make it baseline like it should be) is also not very good. CA isn't that big of a deal since the cutting of AS from MM meant you are pretty much always casting AiS, but not having a KS phase makes every fight very bland. There is no fun big hitting shot near the end to finish off the mob, its just one rotation the whole time. And procs don't count because they are also happening the whole fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well tbh I tried only BM and MM yesterday because Im lacking time these days. Well I'm not enjoying MM atm but I cant say I was enjoying it in WOD either. Feels like a mixture of many elements which kinda doesnt fit together Ill see what future brings but the rotation was really awful to me.
    BM feels like a hunter I am used to play for 6 years only without some VERY important tools we had at our disposal. I kinda dont like I cannot manually generate focus and I can only dump focus but I think we all have to used to it. I didnt touched Survival yet so I cant say.
    Well tbh this prepatch put me on weights more than any other patch before. I really wonder if sticking with my main has a value because if I remember correctly the last time I was felt a skill cap between hunters was at cata when MM rotation had an order and SV has also order ( explosive on proc and arcane between them ). But thats probably not only issue with hunter but wow in general. I dont know we will see its only prepatch. But overall 3 reworked specs keeps me ''calm'' in therms if fun and playability. But TBH now im sitting in my office looking at icy veins and wondering what other class to try for main

MM - Lot's of buttons, no damage at all.

BM - You literally will go 5 seconds at a time auto shotting because you have nothing to do.

SV - This spec was fine. It does not need to be melee.

On a side note, Shadow Priests are basicly Keneu Reeves now.

Hunters are fucking disgusting right now, especially MM. As for SV, if I wanted to pick melee class I certainly won't pick SV hunter.

Also there is somethimg weird about survival hunters being melee, but still using traps....

Traps felt good because as ranged, you could set up ambushes in pvp. Traps in melee though? Uhh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a BG hero so I tried all specs.
    MM is clunky, can not really handle a melle when you are attacked.
    SV could be fun, but why would I run into massacre at melee range?
    Currently I am having a blast with bm, like it much more than wod version (altough I miss traps), otherwise survivability is not even bad, I just turtle+ex+pet heal and run away with cheetah or posthaste if thats not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    I did a ton of bgs yesterday as SV and I had a blast. MM feels very boring to me though.
    Yeah, my MM is my main dps pvp toon and I've been struggling getting my talents set (I wanted to test them, not just read about them). My SV though... gosh, I was really liking that - and I suck as melee in pvp most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

My early opinions. They might change a bit as I get to play more. I'm not as negative as most people seem to be though.

Survival
    Haven't played SV much yet. Not sure if I'm all that interested in this melee spec. I feel that other classes have a bit more to offer in their melee specs. I'll definitely try it out a bit more when I have the time though. Most people are quite positive about it.

Beastmaster
    Played this spec for a bit. I currently feel like it's missing something. And that might very well be fixed with the artifact.

Ability and rotation wise the spec feels quite OK. I really have to get used to not having a castable builder, I'm constantly trying to find a button to generate more focus during downtime moments, but there isn't any. Focus in general is quite OK though; I feel like I can cast most things that I need to cast and as long as you're careful with Cobra it flows decently.
    There are some minor moments of downtime in the rotation, but it's nothing as huge as some people make it out to be. Chimaera baseline might have been nice though as it gives you an extra thing to do.
    Multi target the spec feels quite a bit better, because you're trying to merge your other skills in with keeping up beastcleave which gives you an extra ball to juggle, so to say.

Utility wise, this spec took one of the hardest hits IMO. I'll come back to that later in this post. But the removal of Adaptation, the removal of MD glyph, the removal of a proper mend pet and the removal of spirit bond made this spec feel squishy and the pet feels squishy too. Exhilaration free is nice, but it's cooldown is way long when grinding (compared to MM which gets 1/4th CD reduction per mob killed.)

Marksman
    To be honest. I don't think the spec and rotation are too bad. I understand some of the flak this spec gets, but a lot of it is very much drama as well.
    A few things changed, but there are still quite a lot of similarities from the old MM spec as well.

The rotation with sidewinders and patient sniper isn't too bad. A lot of clunkyness issues come from the following few things:
    1) Increase in GCD for hunters. The difference between 1s and 1.5s is massive. People need to readjust to the longer wait times between and after instant casts, makes thing feel slower (and thus clunky for some people).
    2) 4p T18 is not what this spec seems designed around. Without that the spec flows slightly better (took my 4p off for a bit, so I could get a better feel how the spec plays in legion).
    3) The RNG factor of Marking Targets. I can agree that this at times feels rather clunky. If you don't get a proc with this the rotation becomes a lot more stale. I personally hope they increase the proc rate for this.
    4) Recharge of Sidewinders also feels a bit on the long side at times, as you can easily spend your focus before it comes back up.

I do honestly think we've been spoiled as hunters though. A resource is something that you should manage and you should be somewhat punished for misusing it. In WoD managing focus has been relative easy and maybe the new rotation is a bit more punishing for bad play.

-------

Utility

Wanted to make a seperate thing for this, as this has been my major gripe so far. The rotation and stuff are things I can get used to, but these things annoy me the most:

I do miss a lot of abilities though. A lot of fundamental ones, and ones I'm not quite sure why we lost them. Especially when I see other classes that kept a lot of their utility.

- Traps in general; we lost a LOT of CC and class history here; I hardly see why seeing as some other classes get to keep theirs.
    - Deterrence change is something I'm not quite sure I like. The extended duration can be really nice, but in general it was long enough and the second charge was vital for some stuff.
    - Self healing. For MM Exhilaration is not too bad since killing a mob cuts 30 seconds off the timer. But for BM the cooldown is mighty long and you don't have spirit bond (BOO!)
    - Glyph of Misdirect; missing this is making questing annoying again. This is a really bad move in my eyes, as the glyph did very little harm and made questing and general stuff much smoother. Huge QoL removal for practically no reason.
    - Adaptation as BM. It's silly how weak the pet is without Adaptation. Maybe it's balanced around legion with artifacts and stuff, but it just doesn't feel as good.
    - Camouflage for BM. Was useful while running some old dungeons and stuff.
    - Aspect of the Cheetah. Sprint on a long cooldown wasn't as useful nor unique as the constant 30% movement speed. It's mostly another sprint now, of which there already are a few dozen.

I notice the lack of these especially with BM, but that might mostly be because BM had quite good QoL with awesome healing potential, a strong pet and glyph of MD.

If you enjoy being told you have cancer and aids at the same time yeah its fun

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    On SV: Why the fuck would you be excited about it changing to a melee-only spec when there's eight other classes that have melee specs (most of them primarly melee-orientated). I don't understand the appeal for that at all, I must be missing out on something.
    I liked (and still do) the idea of a spear-wielding melee hunter, after all hunting down an animal with only a spear has been a rite of passage in numerous cultures. Not a fan of how it plays though.

Damn, they nerfed Mongoose Bite stacking damage from 50% to 25%.

Was rocking BGs like crazy. Hitting 180k concurrent Mongoose Bites when stacking up with Snake Hunter talent. =(

After some new balance druid test I will probably reroll for it in Legion. MM is so immobile, bad and castrated so I no longer enjoy it.

Balance druid got much better mobility, and at top of his heals got our spirit bond as "Restoration Affinity" what is hilarious.

Deleted
    MM whas my favorit since many years but they finally destroyed this spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Survival but thats about it tbh. So its prob what i'm going to main unless something changes with the other two.
    If your open to playing melee I would suggest trying it out. It takes a bit to get used to but it does give you a nice feeling when your fighting alongside you pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Damn, they nerfed Mongoose Bite stacking damage from 50% to 25%.

Was rocking BGs like crazy. Hitting 180k concurrent Mongoose Bites when stacking up with Snake Hunter talent. =(
    Yeah, that was fun lol.
    Last edited by Faylinn; 2016-07-21 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    All the hunters specs are comparatively speaking absolutely terrible. The hunter designer should be fired. Or he was fired during the process and that's why we have half assed specs.

But all that's been obvious to me for the last 4 months already.

Still, I keep asking myself, why did they take away the disengage glyph and not bake it into the baseline ability? The travel distance is laughable and nearly useless. We got screwed on a dozen fronts or more, but this disengage nerf is the most baffling one to me. I just don't get it. Was it overpowered to have a semblance of mobility for raids.

Every other designer tried to improve the specs for their targeted class. Hunters were simply made worse. On all fronts except AoE trash packs. Every last one. Lost CC, lost defenses, lost mobility, lost fluidity, lost burst, lost sustained, lost execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    I'm just wondering if I should return back to game with hunter. And especially, which spec feels the most fun as of right now?
    I leveled to 110 as BM and it was lots of fun. Dual Wielding pets is really great. I also did Marksman's artifact quest as Marksman spec, and I wanted to kill myself. Didn't try Survival because lolanothermeleenothanks

You mean on live wow or on the beta? None will really be fun they all depend on their artifact heavily. Especially survival. BM is really fun for me at 110 but mm is still really strong now. If you played them before you'll like them at 110.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV