Poll: Do you LIKE the Sensor Penalty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Because they utterly lied to us about this system, I don't really have any faith they're going to fix the issues that they themselves created on it. Mass reporting someone should NOT activate the silence until the reports are reviewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Human nature can be different to each individual
    Re-read that bit and figure out what's wrong with it.

so if its in someone's nature to be a cunt they should be exempt?
    Exempt from...? What? Your judgement? Who are you again? Are you the law?

Personally I think the system is great, if you don't do anything wrong, you shouldn't get silenced and you shouldn't be complaing about it. That being said, at the moment, from what I gather reading peoples status / posts here a lot of people can easily abuse the system, so this needs to be looked into and reworked.
    -"If you don't have anything to hide, then there's no problem with having no privacy!"
    -"If you don't do anything wrong, why is there an issue?"
    -<insertrandomstupidityhere>

The issue here is what does the "wrong" you talk about consist of. Who is qualified to judge what "wrong" is? Not me. You sure as hell are not since you support mob rule.

The ignore button was there already, and it fixed all problems without the need of a now revealed to be automated nanny system which can be abused by anyone. They lied when they said it that complaints would be analysed by people.

"Looked into and reworked"? How? It's obvious that the whole purpose of the system is to coddle the easily offended. There already was a system in place for people that are rude and behave in an undesirable fashion or harass others, but that wasn't enough. They want prevention, not mitigation, and that cannot happen without mob rule.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    No because it is simply a new tool for trolls or opinionated people who just do not agree with what someone else says. Add to that the fact that it is totally automated.
    Wouldn't the one being silenced be considered the troll if a majority of players do not like or agree with the comment? Usually when people blast "Hillary 2016" in trade they get reported anyway.

Its a good way to shut up the left wing political garbage being thrown around in trade chat all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

I like the silence, I'm sure it infuriates the affected trolls more that they can log in but not speak than if they were actually suspended.
    Absolutely. The best is the folks going "well I'll never talk in trade again!" as if that wasn't the whole point. Behave or shut up - best policy in video games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This post demonstrates why the system is flawed and easily abused.
    No, it demonstrates you getting trolled by jaylock. It's best to pretend he's not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    No. I hate any censorship. Freedom of speech is important. Even if someone is only flaming, I really don't care and just ignore it. This just makes WoW more anti social. Anger tooo is an emotion which people should be able to express.
    You have freedom of speech. What you don't have is freedom from consequences of said speech.