Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "It's okay, Rape-Victim Swedish Person, see it on the bright side - at least it was an Immigrant and not a white male, it could be much much worse!"

I'll never understand this logic, but okay, Swedish SJW.
    I think you read a bit too much into that and started adding your own interpretations, CJW.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    She said exactly this : Immigrant rapes ain't that bad compared to those done by native swedes.
    what she meant by it:

someone brought up in a culture of gender equality making a choice to rape is seen as abhorrent to those in that culture, where as someone brought up in a culture of no gender equality making a choice to rape is not necessarily seen as rape to those in that culture

how can you accuse someone of rape if their culture doesn't consider what they have done to be rape?

that's like telling a bee that stung you it did a bad thing...the bee does not believe stinging you is a bad thing...

she was not referring to how bad it is for the victim, she was referring to how bad the rapist is...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-07-21 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ya? Because, if the translation in the OP is correctly done, it seems to me it's saying that if White Males do it it's worse because these should know better since they were raised here, unlike immigrants, because those poor things know no better..

And the best part; Conservatives (and even the saner individuals on whatever pendulum of politics) are the ones getting called "Bigots" and other derogatory names, for expecting others to be treated as equals and having to be judged by the same rules and expectations - instead of having to be hand-held and specially protected and catered to, because "they know no better", or "much oppressed".
    You haven't even put in a slightest effort to understand what she was talking about... But you've already managed to cry about evil SJWs. MMO Champ in a nutshell!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You haven't even put in a slightest effort to understand what she was talking about... But you've already managed to cry about evil SJWs. MMO Champ in a nutshell!
    And you managed to cry about me; Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    what she meant by it:

someone brought up in a culture of gender equality making a choice to rape is seen as abhorrent to those in that culture, where as someone brought up in a culture of no gender equality making a choice to rape is not necessarily seen as rape to those in that culture

how can you accuse someone of rape if their culture doesn't consider what they have done to be rape?

that's like telling a bee that stung you it did a bad thing...the bee does not believe stinging you is a bad thing...
    Are we really pretending that the notion of "rape" is completely foreign to immigrants and compare them to animals acting on their instincts?
    That seems like a very dangerous way of thinking.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-07-21 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    She explained that Swedish men are brought up in a society that believes in gender equality and therefore should be held to higher standards than migrants, who come from cultures where women are treated as second-rate citizens.
    Whether it's by a native or an immigrant doesn't change how bad it is. The point is, if you migrate to a country you live by those standards or get lost, no shit. The governemnts of the european countries that are currently infested with immigrants should, instead of granting them all they want, instead place them in a school or whatever where they are taught how to behave, and if they refuses, they should be sent back home. That's it.

And you managed to cry about me; Your point?

Are we really pretending that the notion of "rape" is completely foreign to immigrants and compare them to animals acting on their instincts?
    That seems like a very dangerous way of thinking.
    are YOU really pretending there are NOT cultures that believe women are property to be used as men see fit and therefore having sex with a woman who does not want sex is not considered rape to those cultures?

Deleted
    what she meant by it:

she was not referring to how bad it is for the victim, she was referring to how bad the rapist is...
    Yeah see this is incredibly offensive and racist, SJWs really are the worst people

You're saying refugees are "savages" who don't know better than to rape

They do know better, they know rape is illegal, rape was illegal in Syria and everywhere else

They're just angry/nihilistic, they are not raping out of innocence / ignorance of the law

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Yeah see this is incredibly offensive and racist

You're saying refugees are "savages" who don't know better than to rape

They do know better, they know rape is illegal, rape was illegal in Syria and everywhere else

They're just angry/nihilistic, they are not raping out of ignorance / innocence of the law
    i don't care who i offend by telling the truth - the truth is there ARE cultures that believe ALL women are property to be used as men see fit, not just women in their OWN country. If that offends you, then you might be one who believes this, or you might be someone who wants to wipe out this belief. And culture has NOTHING to do with RACE.

10+ Year Old Account
    are YOU really pretending there are NOT cultures that believe women are property to be used as men see fit and therefore having sex with a woman who does not want sex is not considered rape to those cultures?
    To be fair, Syria is not exactly such country: Assads, AFAIK, are quite mild in this regard and aren't pushing gender inequality much.

However, Syria is nothing like Sweden, of course; crime rates there are atrocious, and corruption is unbelievable. It is not exactly a stretch to expect a higher percentage of Syrians to resort to rape than that of Swedish people. In fact, Swedish broadcast their achievements in gender equality to the whole world with pride, so they better match this image.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

And do you think that an immigrant, from such place, cultured enough to travel here does not know what "rape" is? And even if these people manage to get here, magically, for their crimes to be seen as less severe than native crimes?

In my head, it's pretty simple; rape(or whatever other criminal action) committed by a native is as severe as rape (or whatever other criminal action, matching the first example) committed by an immigrant\visitor\refugee\whatever.

Making excuses for criminals and painting one of these acts with a lighter brush is just ludicrous to me.

And do you think that an immigrant, from such place, cultured enough to travel here does not know what "rape" is? And even if these people manage to get here, magically, for their crimes to be seen as less severe than native crimes?

In my head, it's pretty simple; rape(or whatever other criminal action) committed by a native is as severe as rape (or whatever other criminal action, matching the first example) committed by an immigrant\visitor\refugee\whatever.

Making excuses for criminals and painting one of these acts with a lighter brush is just ludicrous to me.

there is no excuse being made - they should be brought to justice - that lady was NOT making excuses for anyone, she was trying to explain that a culture that believes women to be property don't believe they are raping women even though YOU think they are raping women

there is no excuse being made - they should be brought to justice - that lady was NOT making excuses for anyone, she was trying to explain that a culture that believes women to be property don't believe they are raping her even though YOU think they are whereas someone from YOUR culture will believe they are raping her
    'Our' country, 'our' rules; It doesn't matter the least whatever these criminals believe to be right or wrong, or what is a crime and what isn't. A crime is a crime, done by whomever it is.

And if it's no excuse, why bring it up? It's obviously an excuse, even if not a legally one and a mere morally excuse - because these poor criminals know no better, so it's understandable (to a degree) that they do crimes.
    Yeah, no thanks!

'Our' country, 'our' rules; It doesn't matter the least whatever these criminals believe to be right or wrong, or what is a crime and what isn't. A crime is a crime, done by whomever it is.

And if it's no excuse, why bring it up? It's obviously an excuse, even if not a legally one and a mere morally excuse - because these poor criminals know no better, so it's understandable (to a degree) that they do crimes.
    Yeah, no thanks!
    why bring up ANYTHING at all? because it helps people to understand and find ways to help each other - if you did not understand that a bee doesn't realize it doesn't need to sting you, you might try to wipe out all bees instead of just trying to avoid being stung by bees...but you seem to not care about understanding other people, only about controlling them...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-07-21 at 07:48 PM.

why bring up ANYTHING at all? because it helps people to understand and find ways to help each other - if you did not understand that a bee doesn't realize it's hurting you when it stings you, you might try to wipe out all bees instead of just trying to avoid being stung by bees...
    Again comparing thinking\rational human immigrants to survival instinct on animals?

Welp, I'm done with this one.

Again comparing thinking\rational human immigrants to survival instinct on animals?

Welp, I'm done with this one.
    yes, i know you have no interest in trying to understand others, take care now and good luck!

Deleted
    i don't care who i offend by telling the truth - the truth is there ARE cultures that believe ALL women are property to be used as men see fit, not just women in their OWN country. If that offends you, then you might be one who believes this, or you might be someone who wants to wipe out this belief. And culture has NOTHING to do with RACE.
    Are you saying... these refugees think all women are objects to be raped? You think their culture allows men to just rape all women?

Are you serious? You're actually comparing them to animals

That is one of the most offensive things I've ever heard

Your casual racism is pretty disgusting
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-07-21 at 08:15 PM.

Are you saying... these refugees think all women are objects to be raped? You think their culture allows men to just rape all women?

Are you serious? You're actually comparing them to animals

That is one of the most offensive things I've ever heard

Your casual racism is pretty disgusting
    again, CULTURE has ZERO to do with the color of your skin, its about your communities belief system

and my metaphor is about UNDERSTANDING others, i just used an animal as an example

but you just wish to be offended, not try to understand, so i understand why you are having issues

Deleted
    again, CULTURE has ZERO to do with the color of your skin, its about your communities belief system

and my metaphor is about UNDERSTANDING others, i just used an animal as an example

but you just wish to be offended, not try to understand, so i understand why you are having issues
    I get it, you're an Islamophobe (which indeed isn't technically racism)

You're still saying refugees are like animals and come from a culture where raping women is normal (spoiler alert: it isn't and they don't) - they're just "savages who don't know better"

You just dehumanised them utterly, took away all their human agency, it's disgusting and bigoted of you to think that way

Oh ya? Because, if the translation in the OP is correctly done, it seems to me it's saying that if White Males do it it's worse because these should know better since they were raised here, unlike immigrants, because those poor things know no better..

And the best part; Conservatives (and even the saner individuals on whatever pendulum of politics) are the ones getting called "Bigots" and other derogatory names, for expecting others to be treated as equals and having to be judged by the same rules and expectations - instead of having to be hand-held and specially protected and catered to, because "they know no better", or "much oppressed".
    Conservatives called bigots for expecting others to be treated as equals? Not here buddy, conservatives have a platform of "right to discriminate and deny rights based off factors you can't change"

They're just angry/nihilistic, they are not raping out of innocence / ignorance of the law
    Which makes it worse.
    By the way , "just" angry/nihilistic ?