Thread: Post Your UI

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Rebuilt stuff in Elv.

Noob. /Skt Hi bud. Long time no See.

Time for something new. Lots of inspiration from the last few pages. I think that much should be readily apparent.

Out of combat

Out of combat with a target selected

In combat

Fake raid frames

Got some questions for you guys.

• Has anyone got any experience with messing around with Qusemap? I changed the scale factor to 1.2 to get my bigger minimap but the borders are kinda wonky as a result.
    • Do you guys have any suggestions for a good place to go and configure Sorha Quest Log? Specifically, I'm looking for a place (scenario) where I can mess with the scenario objectives text. I tried Proving Grounds but no luck.
    • Any have any alternatives for Aurora?

Any other general feedback would be appreciated!
    Last edited by tempest420; 2016-07-21 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    @Lyn :

Having some questions with your UI (I like it pretty much).

1 ) How do you change the damage font ? That's sometimes pretty hard to read.

2 ) Is there a way to deactivate party frame (at least till you don't post any raid frame) ? Because that's imo unclear and I would like to put some raid add-on at this place.

3 ) I got a weird bug, the "buff line" sometimes goes down a little (like 1 row down), and then at some point come back at his initial position. It seems it's being completely random, and pretty much annoying because that's like "very often".
    Could this be because I installed TitanPanel to get some informations it lacks and that I had with elvUI ?

And 4 ) where is the experience/reputation bar ?

Thanks if you read this.
    Last edited by mmoc28363dc913; 2016-07-21 at 08:45 PM.

Prolly a bit off-topic but...chatting/ramble inc

So like I know I have a problem in WoW with my dependency on addons...but I just cant play without.

With new patch its just getting worse and worse, I want to have every addon working before I even play normally....Only just started on my main chars stuff.

I really wish addon dev's knew the trouble we have to go trough - This also leads me to my next tough...So there are add's on the client, and add's on the website(s). They the dev's direct traffic, so surely they get a cut from add revenue yes? But how much money would that be Id love to know, big (DBM guys) and small dev's...cause like it seems that it isn't for the money they do it, with them every damn patch never having patch-ready updates.

I honestly love that people make addon's this good for us, but it makes you question if they do it for hobby or if there is also money in it.

Anyway sometimes I wish I was like my mate who plays with...10 addons`? and already playing the game on many char's....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

So like I know I have a problem in WoW with my dependency on addons...but I just cant play without.

With new patch its just getting worse and worse, I want to have every addon working before I even play normally....Only just started on my main chars stuff.

I really wish addon dev's knew the trouble we have to go trough - This also leads me to my next tough...So there are add's on the client, and add's on the website(s). They the dev's direct traffic, so surely they get a cut from add revenue yes? But how much money would that be Id love to know, big (DBM guys) and small dev's...cause like it seems that it isn't for the money they do it, with them every damn patch never having patch-ready updates.

I honestly love that people make addon's this good for us, but it makes you question if they do it for hobby or if there is also money in it.

Anyway sometimes I wish I was like my mate who plays with...10 addons`? and already playing the game on many char's....
    I don't know what else you need because a lot of the addons that people use are already updated. Addon dependency is bad because you get situations like the one you're in now. It also has nothing to do with the addon devs not knowing the "trouble" you have to go through, they do this in their free time and honestly shouldn't feel the obligation to rush to have their addons out at such a quick time frame. It's honestly great that they do this and have gotten even faster with it over the years.

This is my current UI. It's very minimal and mostly uses the default UI. I play fine like this and switched from addons like ElvUI to this with ease. I seriously have to wonder what addons you're even using because again, a lot of the things that people use have already been updated.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-07-21 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Bit of a mixed view.
    Sometimes blizzard do genuinely try to improve the functionality, such as with nameplates.
    Though that has meant a significant learning curve for authors to catch up.
    In some cases they still are.

I am like you guilty of having way too many addons, though I am trying to prune that significantly this time.
    Due in part to modular addons, and in part to having many I tried and then didn't remove I was sitting at 250 addons according to the curse client.
    A big part of that has been broker displays as well, so I will be taking a good hard look at what I really need to see on-screen or having on-screen buttons for.

I am currently installing some extras while I figure out what I want to use as replacements in some cases, so it isn't going down too quickly at 203 at present.
    But it is going in the right direction.

Ackis Recipe List consists of 12 addons, 13 for Atlas, etc.
    Atlas was something I rarely used anyway, so that one is a definite candidate for removal and with the new Unlearned Tab for professions, I will take a look at Ackis.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-21 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Bit of a mixed view.
    Sometimes blizzard do genuinely try to improve the functionality, such as with nameplates.
    Though that has meant a significant learning curve for authors to catch up.
    In some cases they still are.

I am like you guilty of having way too many addons, though I am trying to prune that significantly this time.
    Due in part to modular addons, and in part to having many I tried and then didn't remove I was sitting at 250 addons according to the curse client.
    A big part of that has been broker displays as well, so I will be taking a good hard look at what I really need to see on-screen or having on-screen buttons for.

I am currently installing some extras while I figure out what I want to use as replacements in some cases, so it isn't going down too quickly at 203 at present.
    But it is going in the right direction.

Ackis Recipe List consists of 12 addons, 13 for Atlas, etc.
    Atlas was something I rarely used anyway, so that one is a definite candidate for removal and with the new Unlearned Tab for professions, I will take a look at Ackis.
    Thanks man, yea I have like 50 addons, real once, so I might need to start cut down on it to.

Yup I have seen that over the years blizzard tried to support it, but like now Moveanything is a mess cause blizz re-named some stuff or something I guess.

I just hope its done by weekend.

You can't imagine how painful expansion launches are for addon devs.

Addon development brings quite little (more like no) money, well, unless you enable donations, setup patreon or you have huge user base, I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of users.

As for our cut from Curse and their revenue-share program, only big guys can get something significant, the more monthly downloads you get, the more money you receive. If you have hundreds of thousands of users, releasing daily updates (even if changes are insignificant) is quite profitable, cuz they contribute to monthly download count, and thus increase your share.

But we do not earn money, we earn so-called Curse Points or points, then we can trade them for Paypal vouchers. 1k points is $50.

I have a small UI (7.8k downloads on Curse and 8.5k downloads on WoWInterface) and another small addon, majority of my user base is from WoWInterface (I dun get anything from them), I earned 191 points within last 2 years, kek. That's how much your average addon developer makes, nothing.

I dunno why so many people think, that addon devs earn a lot of money by creating addons, well, unless we're hired by someone to write an addon for their needs, in that case we may earn a grand or two, haha O_o But significant majority of us doesn't. It's quite the opposite, it costs us time and money to develop and maintain them

So yeah, it's a hobby for significant majority of us, but it's a job for chosen few.

P.S. Sorry for this rant. I'm just tired of hearing this common misconception about money T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-22 at 02:28 AM.

Some of you may remeber my previous UI i posted here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32274749
    Today I have my new UI dubbed version 4. Primarily made for Legion and shadow Priests but i supposed it could be adapted for other classes.
    Right now all I have to show is out of combat and in combat. Im Planning on getting a raid evironment video up soon to showcase it fully.

Out of Combat

Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I'll probably main a Fire/Frost mage in legion, so seeing as pre-patch is the 19th or 26th I decided to scrap my previous elvui and create something for all my casters.

Let me know what you think, or what could be improved ! I'll be working on another UI for my tank/melees next.
    Is that font expressway?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Is that font expressway?
    It is, yes.

TohrUI v4.1.0

Updated for Legion

There is a small bug with the party frame mover but that is on ElvUI's side not mine. If you unlock the UI and move it down it will be fine.
    Any suggestions or comments are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    @Lyn :

Having some questions with your UI (I like it pretty much).

1 ) How do you change the damage font ? That's sometimes pretty hard to read.

2 ) Is there a way to deactivate party frame (at least till you don't post any raid frame) ? Because that's imo unclear and I would like to put some raid add-on at this place.

3 ) I got a weird bug, the "buff line" sometimes goes down a little (like 1 row down), and then at some point come back at his initial position. It seems it's being completely random, and pretty much annoying because that's like "very often".
    Could this be because I installed TitanPanel to get some informations it lacks and that I had with elvUI ?

And 4 ) where is the experience/reputation bar ?

Thanks if you read this.
    Please, next time ask me per PM or on WoW Interface, thanks.

1) change the path of the font in Lyn/modules/tweaks.lua - or replace the DryBrush.ttf in the assets folder.
    2) Yes, oUF_Lyn/lyn.lua, on the bottom, delete the spawn header or remove "raid" from it.
    3) Yes, must be TitanPanel.
    4) Above the minimap.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    @Lyn : Thanks, fixed the 2 first (except I was trying to comment the whole header declaration, but couldn't do it without having Lua error when refreshing, but np).

Could you take a look at this bug with TitanPanel ? That would be nice if those two could be compatible. Btw I'm already looking at it, but that's the first time I'm reading LUA and I don't event know how to dev an add-on, so I don't know where that could fail.

And for the expbar, is there some way to active it by force ? Actually when I select a reputation as "experience bar" it doesn't show up. That's why I asked the question at first ^^

Sorry for being annoying, but I like your UI (one of the clearer I had), but it actually lacks of some elements for being useful in "all situations".

Quote Originally Posted by Tohr View Post

TohrUI v4.1.0

Updated for Legion

There is a small bug with the party frame mover but that is on ElvUI's side not mine. If you unlock the UI and move it down it will be fine.
    Any suggestions or comments are always welcome
    Looks very nice Tohr. Might give this a whirl. Ive been messing around with my UI since tuesday and I cant get anything I like D:

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

Addon development brings quite little (more like no) money, well, unless you enable donations, setup patreon or you have huge user base, I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of users.

As for our cut from Curse and their revenue-share program, only big guys can get something significant, the more monthly downloads you get, the more money you receive. If you have hundreds of thousands of users, releasing daily updates (even if changes are insignificant) is quite profitable, cuz they contribute to monthly download count, and thus increase your share.

But we do not earn money, we earn so-called Curse Points or points, then we can trade them for Paypal vouchers. 1k points is $50.

I have a small UI (7.8k downloads on Curse and 8.5k downloads on WoWInterface) and another small addon, majority of my user base is from WoWInterface (I dun get anything from them), I earned 191 points within last 2 years, kek. That's how much your average addon developer makes, nothing.

I dunno why so many people think, that addon devs earn a lot of money by creating addons, well, unless we're hired by someone to write an addon for their needs, in that case we may earn a grand or two, haha O_o But significant majority of us doesn't. It's quite the opposite, it costs us time and money to develop and maintain them

So yeah, it's a hobby for significant majority of us, but it's a job for chosen few.

P.S. Sorry for this rant. I'm just tired of hearing this common misconception about money T_T
    Thanks man :O thats extremly good read. Thanks for typing all that out, great info.

Got a few of my UI's updated for 7.0. Cleaned up the art assets on my Fel UI for that launch day immersion!

Screen: http://u.cubeupload.com/Vxt1337/ce03.png

Also messing around with a "Super Nintendo JRPG" themed UI. Trying to figure out where I wanna go with it eventually. Most likely gonna use GIMP/PS to make some sprites and stuff from Chrono Trigger as artwork eventually.

Screen (VERY much WIP): http://u.cubeupload.com/Vxt1337/58602.png
    Last edited by Vxt; 2016-07-22 at 12:21 PM.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BubblegumJam View Post
    Some of you may remeber my previous UI i posted here
    Today I have my new UI dubbed version 4. Primarily made for Legion and shadow Priests but i supposed it could be adapted for other classes.
    Right now all I have to show is out of combat and in combat. Im Planning on getting a raid evironment video up soon to showcase it fully.
    Would it be possible for you to upload your UI? I quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

To give even more perspective. The only addon author which I know can almost live from his Patreon is is the author of DBM. And he has the most popular addon on curse, even before Masterplaner and Recount.

Since I'm co-developer of WeakAuras, which is currently the 8th most popular addon, I do get more points. So I wouldn't say it's nothing, but it pales compared to the amount of work I put into WeakAuras. It's cents per hour, not even double-digit.

That amount of users also means, that there's lots of work to do on patch day. Since the patch hit I've spent more than 30 hours debugging issues, fixing bugs, implementing overlooked features and so on. And that's on top of more than a hundred of hours I spent on the beta server before the pre patch. And I'm not even done with fixing all the small issues that have cropped up, I haven't even played any of my chars yet.

So in total, if you think your pain is so unbearable on patch day, you have no idea how much work addon authors spent for basically no money.

If you want to support me though, check out my Patreon.