Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is there a noise-sensitivity problem in Australia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    6" is hardly worth getting up for
    6'' is longer than the average american penis sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is this for real?
    it is actually, the song is now baa baa rainbow sheep, I shit you not. actually this is probably the first time i realised political correctness has gone insane. but i'm sure that was like 5 years ago.

on the thread topic it makes sense to me if there are handicapped students in the hall maybe they have more than a few epileptics or something and they don't wanna trigger any fits. there could be a reasonably logical reason for why they do silent cheering.

we still haven't changed the 'black market' or 'blackmailing' although the 'rainbow market' and 'rainbowmailing' don't quite do it for me.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-07-21 at 10:07 PM.

I'm sensitive to noise. You know what I did? I didn't go to those loud assemblies.

But I'm sure they can fill their cheers with plenty of quiet passion and mellow excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Well this thread went totally gay already.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well this thread went totally gay already.
    And you'd already be expelled for using "gay" as a slur. And probably for having an avatar that's holding a gun.

Hell, I'd be expelled too for referencing a TV series where the characters regularly hug. I'm a monster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

What is going on in Australia theses days

The school implements silent cheers in order to accommodate students who are noise sensitive... oh no the world is ending... how dare they try to accommodate children who may be freaked out by noises.

silent cheers...........

/mind boogled

At my school, we were encouraged to do the wrist turning deaf-style applause

The city I grew up in has the highest per capita hearing impaired rate in the US. Societal order did not collapse from our unusual applause at assemblies.

My son has what was once know as Asperger's, it physical hurts him when he hears really loud noises. I can semi agree with what they are trying to do, but on the other hand i don't, they could easily keep the children who are very sensitive from loud noises a bit more away from assembly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Is there a noise-sensitivity problem in Australia?
    No, said school might have a decent number of kids who have Asperger / high functioning Autism.

"sensitive to noise"

What about the people who are sensitive to people who are sensitive to clapping. Can we still clap? And what if waving your arms through the air like you have tourettes causes noise? And if you're sensitive to noise how the fuck do you leave your house?

Deleted
    i didn't know noise sensitivity was a thing, but if it is, whats the problem? its not like assemblys are even interesting, or clapping is important in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    biggest bit of non-news I've heard for a bit.
    I think this more or less sums the thread up.

I could honest to god give less than half a fuck how an elementary school in Australia wants their students to applaud one another.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-07-21 at 10:59 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Assembly's.

That's all I'm going to say.

I will say this again. This is the choice of a PRIVATE school. NOT a public school.

I'd clap anyway, what are they going to do, arrest you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    6'' is longer than the average american penis sir.
    Longer than average any country penis

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd clap anyway, what are they going to do, arrest you?
    Please don't give them ideas.

They aren't worried that air punching will lead to violent behavior. The 80s were a lot more fun to be in elementary school, none of this craziness.