Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-at-rnc-225974

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah I do not know if I hate Cruz more than Trump. I go back and forth.

I love his "throw in speech" where he all of sudden he said the LGBT community is protected under the Bill of Rights. I don't know if that is him feeding shit or a shot at Gov. Pence.
    So Thiel ("I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible") is supposedly going to announce he is gay to the convention and tell them they focus too much on social issues. This is going to be entertaining.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I've got to hand it to Cruz. As much as I felt he might be a good force in the GOP for conservative values, I believe he showed his true dishonorable traits by not honoring the pledge he took to support the GOP nominee whoever it was. He has lost my respect for that.
    He said that vow was void when Trump insulted his wife and father. Which Trump, of course, has not apologized for. I would never honor a promise to a piece of shit that attacks my family, and nobody else should. I wouldn't be a sheep that blindly supports Trump.

Cruz said that while he has not endorsed or decided whether or not he will vote for Trump, he has said he is doing what a lot of Americans are doing, waiting and watching to see how Trump handles the general campaign. If he acts in the general campaign like he did in the primaries, making a complete joke of himself and the Republican party, I can understand why Cruz would not vote for him.

"Mr Trump, how are you going to handle the economy?"
    "I know people, great people. They know what they're doing. It'll all be great."

"Hillary, man. She's a woman. Why would you vote for a woman? They belong in the kitchen."

Shit like that makes him a joke. If he really cares about this country, he'll get serious, take the debates seriously instead of just insulting people and making vague statements of how things will be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    They just went to break. Alex came on and started ranting, Cenk grabbed his mic and started yelling at some guy off stage calling him the most untrustworthy person in media (edit: it was Roger Stone). Ana gets on telling them to get off the stage and Alex called her something like a rag head who supports Saudi Arabia and Cenk went off.

Edit: they just came back on.
    Cruz knows that the GOP has a large number of gay people, the Log Cabin Republicans. And considering how grim Trump's outlook already is, alienating part of his voter base would just fuck his chances even harder. Swallow your pride and let gay people marry.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Even Texas conservatives aren't happy with him (well half the delegates anyways). This will make his reelection interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Heh. Even Texas conservatives aren't happy with him (well half the delegates anyways). This will make his reelection interesting
    Okay. This is where I really have to say. "Will Texas really dump Cruz" I mean if he gets re-nomination of the GOP. Isn't he a lock as the Senator from Texas? Would Texas vote for a Dem Senator and on top of that that Dem Senator has to be "better" than Cruz. Meaning the Dems cannot put up a complete idiot and hope to win. Cruz is a great politician. I guess.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatLegend View Post
    Meanwhile Hillary is retweeting Kasich
    https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/statu...10469107601408
    Thought that was fantastic. Is there any way that Trump isn't fucking up the RNC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Cruz knows that the GOP has a large number of gay people, the Log Cabin Republicans. And considering how grim Trump's outlook already is, alienating part of his voter base would just fuck his chances even harder. Swallow your pride and let gay people marry.
    ???
    I'm confused

Okay. This is where I really have to say. "Will Texas really dump Cruz" I mean if he gets re-nomination of the GOP. Isn't he a lock as the Senator from Texas? Would Texas vote for a Dem Senator and on top of that that Dem Senator has to be "better" than Cruz. Meaning the Dems cannot put up a complete idiot and hope to win. Cruz is a great politician. I guess.
    Texas is going purple, counting on texas because "LOL TEXAS R RED" is a really bad strat for any politician.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    ???
    I'm confused
    I'm talking about Trump, since he recently endorsed the religious right and their stupid stances on gay marriage and abortion. Cruz is dissenting on that, saying that gay people have rights under the constitution. Trump should shun, not embrace the religious right. They're going to vote for him either way.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Texas is going purple, counting on texas because "LOL TEXAS R RED" is a really bad strat for any politician.
    Not only that, but Cruz may also have a primary challenger. That's the more likely scenario I think. But a dem Senator isn't out of the question since demographics are changing. We've had them before. We also had Ann Ruchards

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about Trump, since he recently endorsed the religious right and their stupid stances on gay marriage and abortion. Cruz is dissenting on that, saying that gay people have rights under the constitution. Trump should shun, not embrace the religious right. They're going to vote for him either way.
    And if put as much stock in Cruz position on lgbt as Trumps on anything. Cruz has always been for the sanctity of marriage. This is poorly veiled lie of his.

Bible is the greatest book every made. Right behind is Art of the Deal
    To paraphrase Trump.

Oh should I open that can of worms with Tony Schwartz, ghostwriter for Art of the Deal.

DONALD TRUMP’S GHOSTWRITER TELLS ALL The New Yorker.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all

I feel a new thread coming on!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    And if put as much stock in Cruz position on lgbt as Trumps on anything. Cruz has always been for the sanctity of marriage. This is poorly veiled lie of his.
    Yeah, I know his past on this. He is really adamant on the sanctity of marriage. Which kind of makes it confusing why he'd encourage Trump to endorse LGBT rights. Best guess is he's taking a stab at Trump where he can get one in. Even if it goes against his own beliefs.

Either way, as I said, I have to admire Cruz for sticking to his guns with defending his family. I wouldn't endorse any shit head who insulted my family the way Trump did to Cruz. Licking Trump's ass after he did something so shitty as that would be an all time low for Cruz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. I'll admit Cruz sticks to his convictions. However I still dislike him more than trump, since turning the US into a theocracy is higher on my " oh hell no" list than being a man with no filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, my man was Kasich. Kasich for 2020! ( yes, I'm aware of his positions everyone)

Heh. I'll admit Cruz sticks to his convictions. However I still dislike him more than trump, since turning the US into a theocracy is higher on my " oh hell no" list than being a man with no filter.
    indeed, from a policy standpoint Cruz is nightmarish.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, my man was Kasich. Kasich for 2020! ( yes, I'm aware of his positions everyone)
    Imagine if they nominated Kasich. He probably would have won so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if they nominated Kasich. He probably would have won so easily.
    Christian enough to get the far right, moderate enough to get the center, practical minded and he isn't Hillary. But this cycle is clearly the anger cycle so rip decent choices.

7+ Year Old Account

Christian enough to get the far right, moderate enough to get the center, practical minded and he isn't Hillary. But this cycle is clearly the anger cycle so rip decent choices.
    Which again. Shows a "moderate" cannot get out of the primaries. In all actuality, Kasich did get crushed in the primaries. Oh well. What's done is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    To paraphrase Trump.

Oh should I open that can of worms with Tony Schwartz, ghostwriter for Art of the Deal.

DONALD TRUMP’S GHOSTWRITER TELLS ALL The New Yorker.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all

I feel a new thread coming on!!!
    I came the closest in a very long time to starting a thread on that, but there are so many threads on Trump already, I've just been sprinkling it around them as I post.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Which again. Shows a "moderate" cannot get out of the primaries. In all actuality, Kasich did get crushed in the primaries. Oh well. What's done is done.
    Which is why I think the GOP is doomed for awhile. You cannot win by only appealing to your fundamentalist base, especially if it's a shrinking demographic. It's why I'll vote for Hillary.