Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Sigh, we could only hope.
    You hope people commit suicide? Pretty low

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Because screaming hysterically about how you need to purchase assault rifles because terrorists are going to attack tomorrow your town deep in Alabama show total confidence and lack of fear.
    It's better than demanding people be arrested for offending someone with their opposing viewpoint, or expelling journalism students for recording protesting students acting like assholes (trigglypuff)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The university reducing operations has nothing to do with voting choices though. It's just a safety measure during a volatile time currently.

The university does not control protests, civil unrest, rioting or anything of the sort. It's not relevant for them to care about the convention's affiliation, voters or how people protest. Only that their students and campus might be better served and safer during the convention with increased security measures in place.
    That's fine, although I'm not sure why the university has to suspend, or move classes to accommodate that.

Sigh, we could only hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they students?
    please don't act obtuse. convention is close enough to campus that they are housing police officers and national guard protecting it. close enough for protests to spill over dangerously close to campus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You hope people commit suicide? Pretty low
    If someone is so distraught that someone the disagree with is elected that they commit suicide..well, that's Darwinism for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    please don't act obtuse. convention is close enough to campus that they are housing police officers and national guard protecting it. close enough for protests to spill over dangerously close to campus as well.
    I understand the concern, I just don't feel that suspending classes or moving them should be necessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I took a ethics in law enforcement class, that counted towards the required credit type, I've also a taken world religions class too, but that was over 10 years ago.

lucky the ethics in law enforcement class was mainly made up of criminal justice majors who were trying to become cops, and taught by a former police captain.
    Well after I took my religious classes it was just free credits, and I know this is purely anecdotical but they did not seem to care a lot about it, most of them missed all of the classes (because its not mandatory to assist to university classes) read the summary of the books and went straight to the exam and passed just like that. I found the class interesting nonetheless. Also it doesn't seem to be about people being traumatized about people's choices when it comes to voting but for other reasons I think Nixx explained earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone is so distraught that someone the disagree with is elected that they commit suicide..well, that's Darwinism for ya.
    Social darwinism, yeah.

Culture is pretty volatile though, so it's not a great force to be selecting around when you're concerned about the fitness of your descendants.

please don't act obtuse.
    hehe.. HAHAHA! ahhh. wrong place to ask that.

It's better than demanding people be arrested for offending someone with their opposing viewpoint, or expelling journalism students for recording protesting students acting like assholes (trigglypuff)

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine, although I'm not sure why the university has to suspend, or move classes to accommodate that.
    And it's weak and beta and libural. Not stronk, alpha and virile like organizing a clumsy agitprop campaign over the remake of a 1984 movie. You have to be pathetic libural subhuman to think to think that it's overaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the concern, I just don't feel that suspending classes or moving them should be necessary.
    meh, it's July. Not a lot of classes going on right now.

I'm so ready for the Trump dictatorship. Fuck these people. Getting my jackboots laced up real tight for some triggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Social darwinism, yeah.

Culture is pretty volatile though, so it's not a great force to be selecting around when you're concerned about the fitness of your descendants.
    I wonder how ''100% pure aryan alpha male'' are the genes of people who spend their day screaming online about SJWs and how they are totally be awesome once the day of the rope have come...

all 3 nearby campuses have chosen to do so. you may not think its necessary and its your prerogative, but all 3 of them (a state school, community college and the school in the article) have ALL decided that they value safety of their students enough to move classes off campus. and I reiterate. they didn't suspend classes. they moved them off site.

its not such a horrible choice, especially since some of those classes are educational summer camps for teens.

some of you are acting like they are another Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Based on this article, it seems like they don't really care about white people in and of themselves, but how racial classification systems interact with attempts to establish and maintain power by the sociopolitical mainstream throughout history.
    Oh please, the whole premise of "white privilege" is horseshit. It's used as a way to silence debate from anyone who is white and has a opposing viewpoint than the professional race baiters.

We shouldn’t be shouting at others who don’t believe that they should punish themselves for being a white heterosexual male who was raised a Christian, for example. Complete equality is a far-reaching idea; it is nearly impossible with the existence of varying values that each individual upholds as a person from the environment in which they were raised. We must judge people on who they are as a person, instead of assuming that they are racist or sexist because they don’t agree with the lifestyle that someone else chose for themselves

This is a free country. We should be grateful and take advantage of the opportunities presented to us as a free nation, instead of contributing to the idea that privilege is something solely based on race or earnings produced from hard work. People must stop assuming that they’re the victims just because someone has more than them or doesn’t support the decisions they make.

Embrace the freedoms you have as an individual living in a free society. Without these freedoms, you wouldn’t be able to openly express your thoughts. Freedom is a true privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I wonder how ''100% pure aryan alpha male'' are the genes of people who spend their day screaming online about SJWs and how they are totally be awesome once the day of the rope have come...
    Not really sure what this is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I'm so ready for the Trump dictatorship. Fuck these people. Getting my jackboots laced up real tight for some triggering.
    ''Muh takez muh bigz gunz and mah going to shoot liburals when duh Mastah win KEK'

''Stoopid Liburals say Trump is a Nazi LULZ''

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Not really sure what this is all about.
    That the typical ''a-SJW'', usually with avatars of spartans and crusaders, spend his days fighting to ban gays from RPGs and bring breasts in JRPGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Check your privelige bro.

- - - Updated - - -

How haven't you been banhammered yet? That's the real mystery
    Same reason they don't ban the trump fangirls that openly and explicitely call for a Trump dictatorship to execute lefties ?

Naturally to reduce traffic and potential conflict on campus. The newsletter states their intent rather clearly.

In particular they want to make sure High School and Elementary School kids that participate in the summer programs there are not in line of conflict or disturbed- it's the only actual thing they suspended outright. Everything else is being accommodated elsewhere off campus or being given an alternative so students are okay and classes are accounted for as smoothly as possible.

The article linked in the OP here is frankly, garbage. It's click bait, not journalism and it's biased and poorly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You are dangerously close to becoming a walking meme, darling.
    No, no one openly called for the death of ''leftists'' here. And by ''leftists'' they mean ''anyone left of Trump''.