What to replace salvage yard with?

With this new patch, there's no need for salvage yard anymore ... I want to tear it down to stop getting those stupid boxes. IS there anything worth building still?

I have tailoring, storehouse, and scribe... making bags will still be profitable so getting all the hexweave I can. Storehouse for convenience and the scribe for a little gold. The merchant orders you got were nerfed by 90% but any gold is more than what I had before. Alchemy hut might be useful for transmutes... sorcerous earth will still sell well for a while.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Storehouse. I'll probably never log my alts more than once every 5-6 days anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    an inscription hut or enchanting could be benificial

I went to add a building. I have the plot space and plan. But everything is greyed out. Can we no longer add/change buildings in our garrison?

Why bother replacing it? Replacing it costs gold.

you could also do blacksmith for the buff i guess? /shrug engineer has some useful items as well that you can buy for gold. thats if you aren't just looking for gold and functionality is useful.

they nerfed the JC daily into garrison resources, so thats a dudd...

right now im just funneling my garrison resources into fur for hexweave.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I went to add a building. I have the plot space and plan. But everything is greyed out. Can we no longer add/change buildings in our garrison?
    I had that to, just logout - disable all addons - login in - table worked again - place building - logout - enable addons - login - tada!

With that in mind - is there a ways to just remove buildings and get the empty plot back? Just to have nothing standing in its space? (edit) I think I figured it out - just replace the building and then cancel the build and the plot should become empty.
    Last edited by looorg; 2016-07-21 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    /reload

always works

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Why bother replacing it? Replacing it costs gold.
    Because I don't want my bags filling up with more stupid salvage boxes!!

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Because I don't want my bags filling up with more stupid salvage boxes!!
    I think I run about 5-6 missions per day, now, down from about 16-20. Honestly, if the few Large Salvage Boxes I've opened are indicative of their contents, they're not worth the effort. I already have the class-xmog-610-blues for the six characters with salvage yards (and will probably build it for each of the other 6 classes, including DH, just to get the xmogs--if the DH has any). They provide very little in the way of mats. They provide some GR, but they'd have to drop for about 2/3 of the missions (a higher drop rate, by far, than I experienced with the Huge Salvage Crates) to get back the GR I would spend on the missions.

I'd only replace it if I actually WANT something, rather than spending the gold to make a relatively meaningless change.