Deleted
    Witcher 3 + Expansions 10/10

It's a masterpiece. As simply as that. Get the game and after a couple of hours you are in love with it and completely immersed into the world. There was never any doubt what 2015s GOTY was. The 2 addons are perfect. Even better than the main game.

It is in my personal top5 games of all times. The only downside, which isn't really a downside, is that I'd love to play that game on a beastly PC with 4K and 100fps+. My PC is good enough for 1080 60fps and the game is beautiful and plays well, but I've seen the game at 1440p 144fps at a friends house and it was as perfect as it gets. No idea about the console version though.

Other than that I am playing the professor layton games on my DS. They are lovely an I love puzzles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bound by Flame 5/10

Bought on ps4 for 10 dollars. Game felt and looked like a game made in 2004. It was buggy, ugly and the characters were dumb with bad voice acting and the overall plot was bad. The talent trees and overall player level progression was bad too. Short game too, I can probably speed run it in 5 hours. A normal playthrough will take you around 15 hours assuming you're reading all of the dialogue and not skipping cutscenes.

However, the combat was pretty fun. Idk, after getting used the combat system, the game really does test your skills. It's similar to the souls games and I really liked the crafting system where you can make crossbolts and traps to use in combat. Even though you grind the same monsters over and over again through the same boring layouts, the combat had me somewhat addicted. The last boss fight is challenging as hell too, I really liked it.

The demon character is cool too. And even though the voice acting for the characters is bad, I did like the mature content in the game. There's cursing and direct sexual references which is better than the clean shit they do in these other games that are filled with innuendos.

So yeah overall a bad game for people that like story driven games that are polished. But for people like me who don't care and just want to play a game that has fun gameplay then Bound by Flame is worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post

It's a masterpiece. As simply as that. Get the game and after a couple of hours you are in love with it and completely immersed into the world. There was never any doubt what 2015s GOTY was. The 2 addons are perfect. Even better than the main game.

It is in my personal top5 games of all times. The only downside, which isn't really a downside, is that I'd love to play that game on a beastly PC with 4K and 100fps+. My PC is good enough for 1080 60fps and the game is beautiful and plays well, but I've seen the game at 1440p 144fps at a friends house and it was as perfect as it gets. No idea about the console version though.

Other than that I am playing the professor layton games on my DS. They are lovely an I love puzzles.
    Even on the steam sale it was pretty pricy for a game something like a year old. 90$ on "sale"? Da fuq?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Even on the steam sale it was pretty pricy for a game something like a year old. 90$ on "sale"? Da fuq?
    I don't know what you're smoking because even right now The Witcher 3 and all the DLC is 75 dollars. 80 if you buy the DLC separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I don't know what you're smoking because even right now The Witcher 3 and all the DLC is 75 dollars. 80 if you buy the DLC separately.
    Maybe it was a digital deluxe edition or something? I dunno I saw a witcher bundle up there for like 90$ on steam during the sale and took a pass, waiting for the 60$ GOTY edition with all of the expansions.

I'm not sure where you're getting $90 from; according to Isthereanydeal.com, the base game was on sale for $24.99, and the Expansion Pass remained at $24.99. I don't feel like that's unreasonable for it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting $90 from; according to Isthereanydeal.com, the base game was on sale for $24.99, and the Expansion Pass remained at $24.99. I don't feel like that's unreasonable for it.
    Huh, maybe I imagined it then. I know I put it and South Park on my wish list, I ended up buying something like 15 games but when I went past those two games I had marked them as being too pricy (south park only because the new South Park includes a free copy of the first game so I wasn't going to pay 15$ or whatever for what I could get in a few months for free). Or maybe I had put the Witcher Bundle and the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass together? I honestly can't say for sure.

Deleted
    I paid less than 90$ and I bought everything when it came out. Are you in new zealand or australia?

Game is definitively well worth the money. I am pretty sure it was like 29$ on steam sale and 25$ for the expansion pack.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair. 8/10

Bought it after hearing some hype that it's good fun and thought i'd check it out. Better than I expected. Is a good bit of fun and the battles actually feel epic. Looks to offer a good difficulty as well. Some depth to it and a fun grinding system makes it a good buy imo.

It's basically an arcade shooter where you defend earth against giant robots and giant insects with a huge arsenal (800+ weapons), 4 different classes with wildly diff playstyles. Oldish game that recently got ported and it runs smoothly.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-07-22 at 03:06 AM.

Rocket League to this day has been the best investment in a video game I've ever made. Caught it on sale last year for $10 and have played nearly 200 hours. 10/10, would make that purchase every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair. 8/10

Bought it after hearing some hype that it's good fun and thought i'd check it out. Better than I expected. Is a good bit of fun and the battles actually feel epic. Looks to offer a good difficulty as well. Some depth to it and a fun grinding system makes it a good buy imo.

It's basically an arcade shooter where you defend earth against giant robots and giant insects with a huge arsenal (800+ weapons), 4 different classes with wildly diff playstyles. Oldish game that recently got ported and it runs smoothly.
    +1 This game is stupid fun. And it has local co-op vertical split screen on PC!!!
    Someone on Steam called it "Japanese Michael Bay simulator"

Tokio Mirage Sessions 8,5/10

I was skeptical at first about this one because it may be to "japanese" for me. And well it was. I couldn't really get into the theme of it. It was like watching a bad movie thats so bad/strange/freaky/.... you watch it and find it entertaining either way. But other than the theme that takes some time getting used to, this might be one of those games that will probably be known in a few years as one of the hidden treasures nobody played but people should have. I didn't expect it to be good but got it anyway because JRPGs are one of my favourite genres and with everyone going "western" open world style there are not that many of them left. And I was wrong, it was very good.

Pros:
    * Its quite long, took me about 60-70 hours with sidequests
    * Really high production value: There are so many songs, well done cutscenes, .... I didn't like the style but I appreciate how authentic it all was.
    * The character system and battle system are interesting and deep: special arts, dual arts, session skills, radiant skill, weapon triangle,......
    * The pacing: They did this very well. Whenever I felt I mastered the character/combat system they pulled out something new. And it usually happened within the same hour I started to feel that way. First time ever having maxed all weapons? Here you have reforging.Found out who sessions well with whom? How about letting sub cast join in. And have a new party member on top of it.

There are only 2 points that really bothered me. I won't count the theme. They did it so well, it won't bother you after a few hours. Yes its dumb to kill bosses by singing an opera and do some modelling but you just have to accept that and go on :-)

Cons:
    * The censorship: It's bad. Really bad. I am not into these japanese things, but even for me it was plain obvious which things were altered. I mean there is one costume that is basically a wedding dress. And to cover the cleavage they pretty much just colored the breasts white. There is no additional clothing, its literally just white coloured breasts. Or in one cutscene there is smoke around the cleavage of a boss. It looks so bad they could as well just have added a black box. But the worst part is that some of the changes made no sense from a story standpoint. An important part of the plot happened 5 years before the games plot. They left the 5 years the same but made the girl that witnessed it 18. She went from 10 to 18 in 5 years. Or pretty mucht he whole of chapter 2 where you hunt a photographer and its plain obvious that this should be about bikini modelling.
    * The story: Its so predictable. They introduce one guy per chapter and that guy is always the next one to be possessed. If you payed any attention you can guess who the evil mastermind is by end of chapter 3. There is only one guy they introduced that not got possessed. And that guy is for some reason the only one involved with each production/dungeon. When the big reveal came at the end I could only think: Ok I knew that for the past 30 hours of this game. And the explanation why they want to blow up the world? They have none. Even Chrom the main characters mirage says: I will never understand people who want to destroy the world without reason.

Overall I can only recommend the game. I still mourn that a SMT and FE crossover ended up with such an idol theme. But for what it is it is really a very good game.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-07-24 at 09:58 PM.

Well I haven't posted for a while but again dug into the retro library.

Superman 64.... Yeaaaaaah I played it... /shudders.

-100/10. This game is the worst thing I have ever had the misfortune to put in my N64. It's garbage. Flying through rings is crap, the stages that you don't fly through rings are just as bad, the game is a mess, the music is shit and the controls are awful. The first ever game I am giving minus points to. Even Crazybus for the Sega Genesis or Big Rigs for pc is more enjoyable than this crap. It makes DAIKATANA look like a half decent game.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken 8/10

got it last year during ps plus trial, but as I didn't have Vita or ps3, didn't get around to playing it until recently
    normally, I'm not really into side scrolling platformers, but this game is too much ridiculous fun :P just the sheer ridiculousness of the plot and the 80ties bmovie action is enough to keep me giggling and enjoying myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Oblivion
    8/10

Not yet done with it, but already at 100+ hours /played.

Well, the game is great, everything: visuals (with mods, the game looks spectacular even today), music, gameplay, guild quest lines... Combat is as one-dimensional as it was in Morrowind, but I don't mind: combat is not what I play these games for.

What I absolutely hate is the balance. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, and, well, I do not participate in combat, because my damage is almost zero, while enemies kill me in 3 hits - and that's with me being level 49 after perfectly efficient leveling, in excellent gear, full of OP spells, etc. Every fight consists of me repeatedly summoning creatures to fight for me, and occasionally throwing a spell or two in there. If the enemies are running after me, then I better find somewhere high to jump on, where they can't reach - otherwise I am toast.

In Morrowind, the game would become very easy at around level 30 with decent gear, even on the hardest setting, because of all the enchantments you can put in your gear. This is not the case here, and, in fact, it is the exact opposite: no matter how hard you try, you are a weakling unable to fight.

I got tired of this "combat" to the point of just abandoning all remaining guild quests and going after the main quest. I want to be done with the game as soon as possible, and move on to Skyrim, where hopefully I will be able to put up a fight. I've enjoyed those 100+ hours I've played, but now I want it to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post

I played it in 4K at around 30-40 FPS on Medium-to-Ultra settings. It is simply the best looking video game I've ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

I played it in 4K at around 30-40 FPS on Medium-to-Ultra settings. It is simply the best looking video game I've ever played.
    For me it is either Uncharted 4 or Crysis 3.

Witcher 3 is great, but not as smooth. Maybe it scales way better with higher settings and resolution.

Gonna replay that when I get a new PC next year or so. But maybe Uncharted 4 gets an update with the new PS4 aswell ^__^

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've bought and finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons in less than three hours, after listening to Total Biscuit's praise (apparently, it is his favourite game of all time).

Well...It is okay, I guess. 8/10. I loved the visuals, by far the best part of the game for me. Also, there is a very big sense of "scale" and "danger" in the later levels, which makes the game very tense and entertaining. Yet I found the overall story forgettable and predictable, and the controls, as inovative as they are, can be cluncky.

Still a great game though. I'd recommend it, mainly to new gamers who want a new experience.
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2016-07-25 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair

10/10, this game is fucking brilliant. If you enjoy over-the-top action and 3rd person shooters, give this game a chance. Bought it on sale for 32€ like 4 days ago and already have almost 50 hours of game time with a friend of mine. The graphics are so-so, settings are kinda lackluster, probably because it's a console port, but this is the most fun I've had playing a video game in years.

Also the story is cheesy as hell, and the English voice acting is IMO very bad (there's option to turn on JP voices/text)
    Thanks Japan.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-07-26 at 11:59 AM.

Doom 8/10. A game of 2 halves.

Single player is great and really reminds me of classic Doom with 21st century graphics. First time picking up the super shotgun brings back one hell of a smile. Enjoy the extra bits added in like the challenges, and despite thinking the executions would quickly become gimmicky, the way in which they are used doesn't make them get old.
    Multiplayer.. Just don't.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-26 at 12:10 PM.

just played through Bioshock 1 and Infinite and they are about as close to perfect as i think you can make a game. to me anyway. both easily 9/10 or 10/10.