Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't know about NA but a guy in my guild said he was going to quit because they changed his weapons when he logged in. Aside from me not being able to solo ToT on my Rogue anymore because my damage halved, I don't have any issues with the way classes play or anything, all the specs I've tried feel quite nice to play although some of them are unimpressive on the numbers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    No it doesnt. Its not our fault that the best way (ie, most effective) to play the game is zoomed out where you can be aware of your surroundings. If you think the camera change is barely noticeable youre either a) deluded b) dont Raid Leader/Play Melee/Tank or c) didnt play with the max camera distance. Why not just increase the adjustable camera distance? The reason was it was almost mandatory for raiding and pvp (which it is) and it gave an unfair advantage. Its the same thing, but doesnt piss off hudreds of thousands of people.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. I think you KNOW what you're saying but you're not expressing it very clearly.

For people who haven't tweaked the console variables, the current max view distance is very similar to the previous one.

For people who are used to playing with the camera zoomed out beyond the normal limits of the UI, sure, this is a big deal. I don't actually know how I feel about it. There are (IMO many) positives to requiring players to be close enough to their character that the game doesn't look like a MOBA. On the other hand, it'll affect at least some raid play negatively. Making good kill and strategy videos is going to require a lot more effort. (Maybe that's not a bad thing either.)

Now you know what I think is a gratuitous shitty change? Findle's Loot-a-Rang.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I don't know about NA but a guy in my guild said he was going to quit because they changed his weapons when he logged in. Aside from me not being able to solo ToT on my Rogue anymore because my damage halved, I don't have any issues with the way classes play or anything, all the specs I've tried feel quite nice to play although some of them are unimpressive on the numbers.
    YES, I was pretty fucking pissed off to see my 705+ weapons turn into 655 on several characters. At least the assholes at Blizzard could have sent weapons that matched my formerly useful weapons' ilevel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What do you mean by nice try. You have a big cry about the unprecedented "brokeness" of the classes where it was far more severe in 6.0. The content was laughable because of the new difficulty modes but the classes were still so broken that they applied a special fix to rebalance the classes. Playing a free trial because your mate gave you one in vanilla doesn't class you as a vanilla player mate.
    What is broken isn't the output of the classes but their gameplay, which feels wrong for some specs (especially ret paladin or hunter). The class being fine being mostly those untouched by the pruning. It's the first time since vanilla such a thing happened.

Also, thanks but I took part in 40 man raiding in vanilla and completed sunwell before 3.0 in TBC so I know a little about wow.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-07-21 at 08:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything feels like it was dumbed down.

Very annoying. My class feels strange. Why want you do that to me?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    So you're saying that the only thing that changed is the distance. Do you play zoomed all the way out? Like really really far away from everything?

I did use a console command myself to make it go as far away as possible before, but only because i could, and wanted to see how it's like. I usually play pretty close to the character, sort of like the GTA games.

I take your word for it, but i still find it very hard to believe that the distance being lowered makes people sick.
    Not sure but I would not discard it so easily tho.
    I logged on the ptr last night (stopped playing around the 6.1 patch always used max zoom since vanilla) and I have never been diagnosed with vertigo or any other similar problems.
    But after a while I noticed that I was starting to get a little uncomfortable especially while I was flying around Ogri and moving the camera around. I might be the "blurr" issue some people have noticed (when moving the camera around) not sure If that might be causing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah @Stonecloak, that makes sense. I'm in the beta - I feel appropriately powerful for my gear level in Legion dungeons / healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I cannot speak for NA playerbase but a lot of the players on my EU server were complaining about things such as the new talent system, the UI and camera issues. I personally am not a fan of the camera change as I did use mine fully zoomed out with the additional tweak before it was removed but so far it has not given me a headache and such but will take some time to adjust to it.

There is a long thread on NA I believe about the camera issue and a blue replied on to it saying all constructive feedback etc is welcome but considering it had over 1,000 replies I do not think they will change it still.

In all, it seems EU will complain about it too and only just having it available for us you will see the backlash from it no doubt too.
    I'm in the rp-pvp server group and no end of unhappiness in /2 about what's been done to the game.

I'm just messing about in veteran mode until after my hols but they really have streamlined the low-end.

For druid - no heals except for resto spec and guardian has no defensive cds either - not really use what rage is for except maul and obviously that isn't on my action bars.

Plus... dungeons are having really bad lag spikes. Just had a prolonged sequence of spikes in WC and then the whole group was kicked out of the game. When we logged back in we were all back at the start but no longer in the instance group and with a timer debuff...

Yes clearly a lot of people don't follow the whole alpha/beta process - but why should they? WoW is just light recreation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The new UI is bullshit and the tab that showed the spec's rotation is gone.
    So now your action bars are empty and you don't know what goes where anymore.
    A very stupid decision.
    that showed the spec's rotation is gone.
    it dont show your rotation good at all.or dint show main spells you use in your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Just finished raid.

The new camera distance is absolutely atrocious as a tank or a melee. When you use ring or hero the camera distances jumps further back and then jumps forward. Its simply unacceptable.

New Vs Old with Max Distance and Wide Resolution.

My views from Mannoroth and Archimonde.

i never played with the /console command for larger camera distance, and never had trouble seeing what i need and im melee, used to tank aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The pruning is really bad for PVE players.

The specs have no depth/utility and remaining depth is locked away with Legion Legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

9 months of alpha/beta feedback that was ignored...just like WoD beta. I have seen this movie before haha.
    on my toons i have about the same amount of spells now as i had before prepatch, so dont get whu people complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Also the "field of view" has been nerfed by around 25%, which makes another huge impact camera wise.
    Nerfed to people who used addons to expand it. Players like me who just used the defult settings are unfeffected and wondering why you're all complaining.

Deleted
    Well, I know a hunter who's calling the pre-patch shitty because "I can't do good dps anymore". He's playing marksmanship. I think that tells you something about how clueless some people are.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    that showed the spec's rotation is gone.
    it dont show your rotation good at all.or dint show main spells you use in your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

i never played with the /console command for larger camera distance, and never had trouble seeing what i need and im melee, used to tank aswell.

Good for you. Would you like a medal?

This is not a reason for removing it. This is a poor argument, poor justification, poor decision.

Im sure some people play in FPS view, should we all do that? No, its retarded.

Lots of people do play this way. Why wasnt the solution to simply add the option to the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Nerfed to people who used addons to expand it. Players like me who just used the defult settings are unfeffected and wondering why you're all complaining.
    I used default settings and the field of view is far smaller than it was. Please dont talk shit.

Deleted
    Good for you. Would you like a medal?

This is not a reason for removing it. This is a poor argument, poor justification, poor decision.

Im sure some people play in FPS view, should we all do that? No, its retarded.

Lots of people do play this way. Why wasnt the solution to simply add the option to the menu?
    Im not arguing nor justificating the camera change at all.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Im not arguing nor justificating the camera change at all.
    You are, you are saying because you have never had a problem with it, its fine.

Thats a piss poor argument.

Deleted
    You are, you are saying because you have never had a problem with it, its fine.

Thats a piss poor argument.
    its fine for me since it doesnt really affect me. I never said that the camera change is fine as a whole or fine for other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    I loved the pre-patch - except for the tuning on healing. I felt appropriately powerful before the patch - now content that used to be trivial is not, and mythic dungeons / mythic bosses are quite a bit more difficult. Regrowth hits like a wet noodle. It's only a minor complaint, though - I mean, the wardrobe, new graphics, and talents are pretty cool. Just tuning seems really, really off. In the beta my resto druid had way less gear than my live char - and feels way more powerful healing dungeons.
    Healing feels very off to me right now, too. I'm really missing some of the "oh shit" buttons I used to have (resto shaman here).

OT: my biggest complaint is with the camera, but not with the zoom. Since the patch I've noticed a very marked increase in the amount of screen shakes (or at least the intensity of them) added to the game (like on Sindragosa and Al'akir was a nightmare - running old stuff for transmog). I really hope (really fucking hope) they come up with an option to turn that stuff down or off. I have vertigo and stuff like screen shaking messes with it -- this was not too much of an issue before the pre-patch (I never played super zoomed out anyway). I also really hope this screen shaking intensity isn't a preview of what's to come in Legion dungeons/raids because it will very much affect how I play (or if sometimes :/).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly that max distance issue, I never went out super far with the macro but it was still farther than current.
    Starting to get annoying since it's been causing headaches for me, thanks Blizz.

It's also why I rarely play first person games or ones where the view distance is in close, being close to the action constantly just does this.

I just feel like there was almost no testing of how most specs would play at level 100 without their artifact and how HFC would play in the new patch. I actually enjoy how my windwalker monk plays but the numbers are so pathetic that it isn't even worth taking into raid. It seems like every dps spec besides marksmen hunters and fire mages are absolutely useless.

I don't like that I was forced to change specs because the one I like playing is now objectively worse in every way.
    I don't like that I no longer have an endless funnel of money.

I do like that I have a reason to run every single old raid.
    I like that I am not just sitting in my garrison.

So overall I think the positive points outweigh the negatives for me. But what do I know, I'm just a big dumb NA babby

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    That's funny since even at the furthest away point NOW it's still less than what it was before without any "addons".
    So far Blizzard has shot me down real hard with my class change and this camera thing is just retarded.