Thread: No Man's Sky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Who said it's ruining other's fun?
    Well, I just did.

Informing people about something is only sharing ones knowledge, what they do with that is not my concern. I just wanted to write out my thoughs, nothing wrong with that.
    Whether there's something wrong in posting one's thoughts depends on what those thoughts are, and you weren't just "informing people about something" or "sharing one's knowledge", but gloating over how this game is apparently going to fail, and rubbing it in people's faces.

Unfortunatelly I know that some people's fun can be ruined just because of the non-hype or not-positive information
    That's true, although it's not "unfortunately"; it's just how it is. But, how you word things and how you say it matters, not just what you think the content of your post is.

Nevertheless, it's better to be cautious and have low expectations, instead of overhyping yourself only to be disappointed.
    Sure. Managing one's expectations is obvious. However, managing, or lowering other people's expectations isn't necessary.

so I decided to stop posting in this thread.
    Fair enough.

Deleted
    I just can't wait for the spam of "this game is boring" "creatures are just slighty different versions of the same bases" etc. Even the fight trailer has 6 legged scary laval-planet screature and second after you have 6 legged crab-head creature.
    Me too....guess we are just lucky living on planet earth, imagine if God had made more than one species with 4 legs ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Me too....guess we are just lucky living on planet earth, imagine if God had made more than one species with 4 legs ?
    There are more than one species with 4 legs :P
    (sorry, biologist here)

Deleted
    That Game will flop hard! Its close to release and people still have no idea what the fucking point of this Game even is.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To relax and explore? I don't get why people always have a hard time with the purpose of this game or require it to have a purpose other then relax and explore.
    That would be ok if it wasn't a full priced game. $60 implies more content than a flash game.

this game will be the best and most popular game ever

why? because I say so

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who said it's ruining other's fun? Informing people about something is only sharing ones knowledge, what they do with that is not my concern. I just wanted to write out my thoughs, nothing wrong with that.

Unfortunatelly I know that some people's fun can be ruined just because of the non-hype or not-positive information, so I decided to stop posting in this thread.

Nevertheless, it's better to be cautious and have low expectations, instead of overhyping yourself only to be disappointed.
    God damn you are a fucking debbie downer, for someone who only wants to see bad in this game you sure spend an extraordinary amount of time in this Thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    That Game will flop hard! Its close to release and people still have no idea what the fucking point of this Game even is.
    TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU FEEL LIKE.

Holy shit, it's like the last 10 years have caused humans to lose all imagination and they are fucking lost unless there is a NPC telling them exactly what to do 24/7 in a VideoGame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Holy shit, it's like the last 10 years have caused humans to lose all imagination and they are fucking lost unless there is a NPC telling them exactly what to do 24/7 in a VideoGame.
    Althoguh I somewhat agree with you, I feel like the 'do whatever you feel like' might be extremely limited in this game. It's not like you can be creative with anything. As far as I know you can go sightseeing, do some fighting and trading and a bit of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

Here's a BOX. You live in that box. You can only do 4 things, BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY FREE TO DO ANY ONE OF THOSE 4 THINGS WHENEVER IT SUITS YOU! FREEDOM™

Not really, know exactly whats the point of the game for me and it will be glorious. Those people you talk about arent interested in sandbox environement, they should just leave this game alone and find something that they might enjoy, instead of trying to ruin others people fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Here's a BOX. You live in that box. You can only do 4 things, BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY FREE TO DO ANY ONE OF THOSE 4 THINGS WHENEVER IT SUITS YOU! FREEDOM™
    Those 4 things include building an intergalactic trade route and exploring over 18 fucktillion planets.

No Man's Sky isn't for everyone, but for people who enjoy open sandbox games its exactly what we want. If I want to kill a raid boss, I'll log in to WoW, if I want to PvP, I'll play Overwatch or HoTS. If I want to be creative, there are innumerable Minecraft-like games. If I want a story driven RPG, there's Bethesda/Bioware.

A game does not have to be all things to be a good game.

For concerns about limited variation in creatures, well let's say;
    - they can have between 2 and 6 legs
    - they can be five different colours
    - they can have wings, or not

Just with the above criteria, that's 100 different creatures and their creatures are a damn site more complex than that. If they add creature or planet components in future, the amount of variance just grows exponentially.
    Last edited by mmocd88858e1a5; 2016-07-22 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Those 4 things include building an intergalactic trade route and exploring over 18 fucktillion planets.

No Man's Sky isn't for everyone, but for people who enjoy open sandbox games its exactly what we want. If I want to kill a raid boss, I'll log in to WoW, if I want to PvP, I'll play Overwatch or HoTS. If I want to be creative, there are innumerable Minecraft-like games. If I want a story driven RPG, there's Bethesda/Bioware.

A game does not have to be all things to be a good game.

For concerns about limited variation in creatures, well let's say;
    - they can have between 2 and 6 legs
    - they can be five different colours
    - they can have wings, or not

Just with the above criteria, that's 100 different creatures and their creatures are a damn site more complex than that. If they add creature or planet components in future, the amount of variance just grows exponentially.
    I can grow 100 tomatoes and all will look different from one another but they will still be tomatoes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I can grow 100 tomatoes and all will look different from one another but they will still be tomatoes.
    But as you said yourself, they're all different, and as such some will be better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    But as you said yourself, they're all different, and as such some will be better than others.
    As a 6yo kid, I did indeed spend quite a while looking for that 4-leaf clover.

Actually, I am a programmer and You don't have to explain it to me. Still, it generates instead of loads. The difference lays there. It's not hard to understand. But nvm. We, people in Europe, think and see diffrently. Generated planets take place, physical place, because data must be stored in cloud/on harddrives and those are physical.
    To make my point simpler to understand:
    - this blacksmith can make 10000 different swords, pick one, it will be made, he is the function that generates
    - this blacksmith made 10000 different swords and these are waiting for customers, he generated, he just loads you the sword you want
    For being a programmer, you must be a pretty bad one for continuing to not understand procedural generation. This isn't Minecraft where a chunk is generated and stored entirely. Instead, the planet (or whatever) is generated and the diff is stored based on what you do (tiny amounts of data).

Planets are not being generated and stored wholesale and your continued insistence that they are belies your ignorance to your supposed "profession".
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    That would be ok if it wasn't a full priced game. $60 implies more content than a flash game.
    It has more content then a flash game, so I guess even you think the game is fine. Why shouldn't it be a full priced game if it is a full game?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the center of the Galaxy, it's been known since early 2015 or something like that, I mean unless you want to follow a circlejerk and not actually pay attention to the information available to you.

New Sony trailer Trade. It shows some basic trading, gather stuff -> make stuff -> trade stuff to NPCs or the Galactic Market.

New Stuff:
    - Inventory UI is changed again, actually looks pretty decent now
    - Galactic market -- don't get excited, it's just a basic vendor it looks like, not an AH
    - Ship trading UI, shows you modules that are prebuilt into the ship. Buttons shown were "Compare to current ship" or "Cancel" so I'm guessing you need to compare before accepting the trade.
    - New UI says "Sentinel Drones alerted"
    - Toxic planet shown, we knew they existed, but haven't seen them yet iirc.

You know, I hoped they would make mining rocks look better, but whatever.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

still we cant play co-op right? i hope they will add co-op after release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    Correct, kinda. You can see where your friends are in the universe and spend your time with an (probably futile) attempt to meet up. They've said they want to add real multiplayer later on, but who knows what'll happen.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It has more content then a flash game, so I guess even you think the game is fine. Why shouldn't it be a full priced game if it is a full game?
    There is very little game play, you just "explore" and kill, it's not multiplayer, you can't design anything, you can't build anything. There is no sense of permanence in any way. It looks like it would be fun for a day or two, that being said it should be priced accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    No you cannot, you'd have to physically find your friends in the entire universe to play together, and there is no party system.