... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    MU meaning main universe or something?

This is getting maddening... people use OG, MU, AU... gah! PICK ONE SET lol
    ya. Main Universe. and i did pick one set for myself =P
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Can someone remind me when original Gul'dan died?

This video is neat, purely from an artistic standpoint. I never cared much for most orc-lore, so I can't really comment on the legitimacy or plotholes like I could with night elves, etc.
    While the rest of the Horde was distracted fighting the Alliance back during the end of the second war, Gul'dan and Cho'gall took both of their clans, along with a bunch of other orcs on a mission to find the Tomb of Sargeras, which Gul'dan believed contained the power of Sargeras himself, which he intended to steal. Gul'dan raised the islands from the seafloor and entered the tomb, only to be ambushed by demons. He slowly bled to death alone in the dark.

The rest of his forces were killed by the Blackrock clan who followed them to the broken isles. Cho'gall escaped and fled to Ahn'qiraj.

yeah don't get why his back story is so different than MU gul'dan its nicely done but i can't say i'm a fan.....

Deleted
    This was really good. I can't wait to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    uhm, no they couldn't. Gul'dan isn't just a warlock... he summoned archimonde into HFC, and has show much power than any other "warlock".

Also I highly doubt you lvl 100 warlock can contact the legion to come on down to Azeroth
    He summoned an eredar lord into a raid?

So he is a trifling gnome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    This is even worse than arthas defeating ner'zhul.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    He summoned an eredar lord into a raid?

So he is a trifling gnome?
    hehehe

Why haven't I seen anyone else make this joke? Ah, that was brilliant by Blizzard and you made the connection.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    /facepalm

This will be his SECOND full Xpac. He is currently the first main enemy that we have tried to kill for 2 full X packs in a row, that alone makes him big in the games story.

Spoiler Below
    All of our major leaders are going to DIE.. because of HIM, Wrynn , Tirion, Vol'jin, Thrall nearly dies, the countless acts of destruction to our world, what do you mean leave little impact?

Apparently the whole idea of what blizz is doing with these mini skits is lost on you
    Which is why this is all so stupid. So you mean to tell me the Legion was able to empower a piece of crap cripple more than the Guldan WE knew who was ambitious, powerful with magic, and was already a bad ass?

Bad story as usual from Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    uhm, no they couldn't. Gul'dan isn't just a warlock... he summoned archimonde into HFC, and has show much power than any other "warlock".

Also I highly doubt you lvl 100 warlock can contact the legion to come on down to Azeroth
    Can we please stop this stupid ass claim?

HE DID NOT SUMMON ARCHIMONDE.

Learn to read the quests you do in Tanaan for once. Guldan used the residual energies from the Dark Portal to open a portal to the nether. He basically redirected a massive amount of existing power and it took him a very long time. He didn't summon shit and it wasn't his power(well a fraction was since the portal drained him and his flunkies, but also had used the hourglass).

If it's anything like the Lords of War, this Gul'dan backstory is likely now canon in the MU, as well. I remember that weirdass moment when "Kargath wasn't from a mine, it was an arena" became univeral canon by Word of Dev.

That said, I really liked that moment when he touched the face man who cast him out and the fire came from inside his skull.

Well there is one thing that can be said. The Art Department is undefeated in negative feedback. Someone bring these guys coffee and expensive donuts and cup cakes tomorrow morning! Marvelous work!

Can someone remind me when original Gul'dan died?

This video is neat, purely from an artistic standpoint. I never cared much for most orc-lore, so I can't really comment on the legitimacy or plotholes like I could with night elves, etc.
    https://youtu.be/yNUIMxTURbM?t=149

Right there for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Hate WoW, hate hackneyed story telling and middle-school logic. But that impressed even me. Not bad.
    ....for this comment and this story to impress you, I'm not sure you are sincere about the first part of that. This is a pretty traditional villain story, mind you I enjoy it, but it is pretty much one of the most typical villain origins of all time. But it was ultra enjoyable, as I love good tradition, and the art is fun as always.

Good to know that AU Gul'dan always was a dick.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really love that art style, wish they would have some of those in-game as well during major quest lines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yeah don't get why his back story is so different than MU gul'dan its nicely done but i can't say i'm a fan.....
    I'm also surprised as to why they changed it, but I guess it's a bit more captivating than just a normal grab for power. Sure, it changes the backstory a bit, but I think it's a bit better to show some reason why he lusts for power. This was just a normal character development to show you the reasons as to why he is the way he is.

Would everyone really be happy with a story in terms of "He was an apprentice. Wanted to be a master shaman so he took a quick route."? That's a bit boring and bland story.

Considering why he's so different than MU Gul'dan is because he said in the campaign quests he tortured some of our prisoners and learned about the MU Gul'dan. What happened, what he did and how he ended. That alone gives him knowledge and reason to change his future and not fully follow in footsteps of MU Gul'dan.

Deleted
    I always love the underdog story, it either builds you up to be something great, or kicks you down into something worse than your potential.

Gul'dan here, the underdog, a cripple with no place, TRYING to fit in with his clan in trying to be a shaman only to be rejected by the elements as well for seeing the evil that's just in his soul to begin with. It wasn't that he became evil, he just is in his heart and this shows it.

He always had great potential and his old master knew it, he just never knew it would be for him to be a powerful warlock. Gul'dan being great, but a great evil. I love that ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Another fantastic short story from the art department!

nice one .. i enjoyed it.. thumbs up

Deleted
    It felt like a typical Blizzard story, nothing bad but not original anyhow. I didn't like how they shown Gul'dan find his powers (whispering voices and such feels more like old gods, priest insanity than legion and fel). Story up to moment when Gul'dan was denied at throne of elements was nicely build but then it fell flat in next scene.

Deleted
    mean cripple since the very beginning. they should have let him fly from the cliff after his birth