Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insanely Low Damage?

The day before the pre-patch, I was doing very formidable damage in BGs and PvE... I was hitting really good numbers and great pvp bursting, especially if I was left to turret.

Now suddenly my highest dps in pve is about 18k in 710gear, and even in pvp with burst macros and all, just straight and consistent lava bursts, it takes a good 30 seconds to kill an afk person.

Same issue with my rogue, and enhance spec.

Anyone know if this is normal right now??
    Thanks!

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

probably tuning of skills at lvl 110 or something affected your dps at level 100

Don't worry about it. They put in a ton of class changes, including spell removals or additions. Artifact weapons also have talents to boost your dps, which obviously cannot be gotten now. Point is, its the pre-patch. You will be broken until legion launch and you manage to hit 110. That is how most classes will be. They will play completely differently and it wont get tuned since everything is fixed for 110 now and not 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

im doing shit damage with everything but a Survival Hunter

uh was 18k a typo because that is.. ..what class?

My max mastery destro lock's chaos bolt was hitting for a MINIMUM of 125k pre patch (pvp) and most times 200+. Now its between 35-50k. Feels bad man.

In other news afflic drain ranking is great.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    My max mastery destro lock's chaos bolt was hitting for a MINIMUM of 125k pre patch (pvp) and most times 200+. Now its between 35-50k. Feels bad man.
    Outside of PVP my ~700 Destro's "stand around with no trinket procs, pots or anything" CB hits for ~65-130k. I'm a huge fan of the variation, at least.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Well I'm glad it's not just me. Sucks that we've got to go a month of not really being able to enjoy gameplay though. Guess I'll try to do xmog, because I love the new system, but I can't even solo 25H Shannox anymore because of the damage rofl.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

i was in a 5 man with a 1100k health bear tank that was doing insane damage.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post

In other news afflic drain ranking is great.
    Feels bad, but my chaos bolt with 680ilvl and no specific chosen stats (yes all the gear has int), hits for over 40k (no buffs single target, on the garrison dummy). You must be doing something wrong. Please make sure to post the right numbers or learn to play.
    Making it worse for the sake of complaining

Deleted
    18k is definetly because of playing wrong. No class with that gear does that low damage. Numbers are lower of course, but not that low.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    18k is definetly because of playing wrong. No class with that gear does that low damage. Numbers are lower of course, but not that low.
    Yeah after looking up the actual rotation it was more 30K on a raider dummy.

My lock, which I am completely familiar with all 7.0.3 rotations, I would be around 40K. Still a lot lower than before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I was hoping DPS would stay normal even without artifacts, and artifacts would boost it above normal. Not nerf everything to ground and let artifacts boost things to normal. ._. Although I have a feeling that people are just doing something wrong.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Meh. I was hoping DPS would stay normal even without artifacts, and artifacts would boost it above normal. Not nerf everything to ground and let artifacts boost things to normal. ._. Although I have a feeling that people are just doing something wrong.
    Well a lot of people keep telling me, "well learn your class", but I've been following icy-veins perfectly as have many people, but still have poor damage. Of course, the people telling me that it's OUR fault and not the pre-patch problem are all feral druids and DoT classes, so they have it easier.
    Just sort of hoping they do a temporary damage fix during the prepatch, because right now the game isn't really playable (unless I'm actually THAT bad, and I hope that isn't the case).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Define normal? What numbers are normal and what are you expecting? Once you get the Artifact you roflstomp every mob and laugh through every content in legion? I don't understand this.

Everything else became smaller, so are the numbers. These numbers are now normal.

There is no way you are doing 18k as a rogue. I have all pvp gear and i do 50k dps on the dummy as assa. 45k as sub 40k as outlaw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Well a lot of people keep telling me, "well learn your class", but I've been following icy-veins perfectly as have many people, but still have poor damage. Of course, the people telling me that it's OUR fault and not the pre-patch problem are all feral druids and DoT classes, so they have it easier.
    Just sort of hoping they do a temporary damage fix during the prepatch, because right now the game isn't really playable (unless I'm actually THAT bad, and I hope that isn't the case).
    Don't know, but even with worse gear my alts are doing more than what you are describing, my rogue, too. Maybe wrong equip due to other secondary stats becoming better with the prepatch etc?

This is definetly not a problem everyone is facing :S

Even though you are saying you play like icy veins is describing it...there must be something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Don't know, but even with worse gear my alts are doing more than what you are describing, my rogue, too. Maybe wrong equip due to other secondary stats becoming better with the prepatch etc?

This is definetly not a problem everyone is facing :S

Even though you are saying you play like icy veins is describing it...there must be something wrong

Okay so after pretty much everyone said that 18K is borderline impossible, I checked over it again.
    I'll definitely look so stupid, but I was using my PvE resto intellect 2H staff for my enhance testing. (Enh sham was the class I was testing).

So the 18K is explained now (doubled when playing properly + my correct gear), but there's no doubt that my other specs/classes are still doing less damage. Just glad I'm not alone there. Chaos bolt is easily half damage now; lava burst a good 1/3. Only thing doing pretty much MORE damage is my dots lol.

Just good to know it's probably due to pre-patch. Because first month of WoD, elemental shaman actually did take a good 30 seconds to kill an AFK person, assuming they popped all CDs. So I've been paranoid it may be that way again.
    Last edited by Stuneree; 2016-07-22 at 10:20 AM.

We lost many buff, that's why our dps is decreasing today.