Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    Scenario 1: Azeroth wakes up during/after legions/Nzoth's defeat and we end up on some other planet.
    Scenario 2: We all die and only a few remain to end the fight.(Might be a good way to end warcraft, doubt it though)
    Scenario 3: While Illidan is leading us against the void, Anduin and Velen are undertaking some secret mission.

My thoughts on it anyway.
    I guess that Illidan and other champions + us are fighting on the front line, while Anduin and Velen acting as commanders sitting behind leading the army. The leaders of an army don't always need to be a frontline fighter after all. They are in Exodar similar to how KJ is sitting in his place directing the Legion to fight us. Since all the threat on Azeroth would be cleared by then, they need to travel around using the dimensional ship.

As of whether he was talking about the Legion or the Void, joking aside, I'm curious what's the implication of that last page (hoping it wouldn't be just "Well, the artist thought it'd look cool, so he drew it as such, don't read too much into it"). Assuming Anduin didn't age by magic, that'd mean the fight with the Void (or Legion) wouldn't be finishing in the next 30-40 years. Unless we get a massive timeskip or Blizzard decide to let us time travel to the future, there is no way that is going to be done within WoW lifespan. However, I doubt Blizzard is going to end WoW with an unfinished story, it just wouldn't make sense even if they are to carry it to the next RTS.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I solo kill dreadlords every time im on Tanaan Jungle, does that makes me Illidan/Arthas?
    Player characters are overpowered as fuck. On par with any of the "big names" nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Player characters are overpowered as fuck. On par with any of the "big names" nowadays.
    then why bring Illidan back? :x

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    then why bring Illidan back? :x
    Fanservice. And to one shot the Void Lords.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quite the ending. That says a lot of things, but also provides more answers...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Many, many years later... they still haven't repaired the Exodar.

I really like this comic. As someone who is not a fan of Anduin, this new direction they're giving him gives me hope for his development. His ideals and goals were never bad to begin with, he just never acted to bring them about. Now, it seems, he is finally taking action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I see that we will never be free from the High King bullshit. This is most displeasing.

And holy shit, where did Anduin get this sudden massive power jump from being pummeled by Garrosh to killing a Dreadlord? WTF? We're skipping like years of character development here.
    Anduin is the One True High King of Skyr...err Westero... Azeroth!
    Ok i'll show myself out now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Quite the ending. That says a lot of things, but also provides more answers...
    Least Anduin knows how to lay down the Law
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Least Anduin knows how to lay down the Law
    They essentially took everything that I disliked about him and managed to turn it around in a single comic. Quite the feat, in all seriousness.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Duuuuuuuuuuudes!!!
    His throne is in the EXODAR!!! Do you know what it meaaaaaaaaans?
    1/ Stormwind is destroyed
    2/ Azeroth is destroyed
    3/ Azeroth is occupied by Legion

That last page is awesome.
    or Azeroth is awake.

There is some really clever stuff in this one, I love it.

My favorite part is that the Dreadlord's dialogue sounds like typical villain stuff, but there's more to it. He taunts the hero, making fun of him for studying instead of fighting and such. Some typical bad guy stuff. But now that we actually know the origin of the Legion, this is actually founded on something. The Dreadlord isn't taunting Anduin because he's a bad guy making fun of good guy things, he's taunting Anduin because the Dreadlord legitimately believes that his way is the only way to save the universe from the Void (well, I can't say this specific Dreadlord knows about the plan, but the Dreadlords knew about the Void before Sargeras, so he's more likely than another demon). The Dreadlord believes he's giving Anduin advice (or at least, telling him it's too late for it).

Otherwise, the events are what I expected to see, I'm just happy to finally see them. Anduin's character arc has been really fun. The biggest disappointment is probably that he threatened the demon with Varian's sword, but didn't use it, even though he killed the guy anyway.

I also thought the final page was an odd choice, but there are a few things to consider. First, that it only confirms (or at least appears to confirm), that Anduin, Velen, and the draenei are still around. It doesn't even establish anything about the other Alliance races, and even the conflict is not made explicit. There are about a million ways that particular event could eventually come about, and there's always the option for Blizzard to just ignore it.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-07-22 at 04:07 AM.

Why would they send a mook to kill the kind of SW though?
    Because they assumed that he was a weak and easy target, just like most people in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Velen confirmed the draenei are taking the exodar back to Argus anyways, and the demon hunters want to complete Illidan's mission which was to travel to Argus and kill Kil'jaeden. That's probably gonna be a pretty big final patch, or who knows, maybe the next expansion.

As for Anduin's age, well, idk. Maybe Gul'dan drains his soul a bit. Maybe he's sent to some alternate universe to find out how to destroy the legion. Some silly crap like that. Seems pretty clear right?

It was really cool! I'm starting to like Anduin now.

That last page doesn't really say much, besides assuring us Anduin and Velen are going to stay alive for a long time (most likely they'll both outlive WoW itself).
    It does give us some hope that Illidan isn't going to be "the chosen one."

His throne is in the EXODAR!!! Do you know what it meaaaaaaaaans?
    Looks more like a random chair.

Anduin has no wife, no child, nobody around him. Could it be that he's going to be the last of the Wrynns?
    He may get a wife at any time. For some reason a lot of people like to speculate on that.

Anduin used Hammer of Judgement to hit the Dreadlord, Paladin confirmed.
    I really hope so!

Is Anduin going to age magically like Khadgar did, or is the battle against the Void (or remnants of the Legion) going to last another 30-40 years? He looked quite close to an old man there (around 50-60 from my point of view). If the battle against the Void going to last that long, are we getting a timeskip or are we not going to finish it within WoW lifespan?
    It says "many, many years later", so, yeah, it's going to last a while.

And holy shit, where did Anduin get this sudden massive power jump from being pummeled by Garrosh to killing a Dreadlord? WTF? We're skipping like years of character development here.
    You know, not every Dreadlord is Tichondrius or Balnazzar.
    My lvl 64 alt has killed a few and he's still "a random adventurer."

- Illidan is a Champion of the Light, but he is not destined to lead it. He will destroy the Burning Legion and I bet he will do that in some sort of self sacrifice.

- I don't know if the Titan Azeroth will be awake for the final battle against Sargeras. My question is what happens to the world when a Titan awakes from his/her slumber.

- That lead me to think if we will forced to abandon Azeroth through portals and or ships like The Exodar. Maybe we will become space explorers discovering and fighting against the Burning Legion or the Void
    Azeroth will likely never wake up. It would be pretty much wasting ten years of content.

Another thing:
    When the demon says "even he fell before us", Varian's surrounded by orcs. I wonder if that has anything to do with his death or if it's just a random picture they put there so we wouldn't get too many spoilers.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2016-07-22 at 04:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see that we will never be free from the High King bullshit. This is most displeasing.

Well, we've gone to Draenor for over a year or so, what do you think he was doing for all this time, baking cupcakes? Boy got some serious training in that time.

10+ Year Old Account

His massive power was hinted at in war crimes when he had that conversation with Garrosh. It was hinted that Anduin was holding back his power, it looks like Anduin massive balls have finally dropped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9116501571.pdf

I... really dislike the inclusion of the last page.

Warcraft doesn't work well with things like that, a flash forward like that has huge implications and really flattens any sense of danger to Anduin and Velen's characters.
    flash fowards are not allways accurate, you need to remember this, as times can change, velen saw his people fall to the iron horde and the dark star, we saw us holding out in stormwind, losing, killrog saw himself falling in the battlefield to the horde and alliance, visions of the future are not allways stable, also at the end does it say "we have the perfect chance to defeat the legion" no it just says the chance... they may be out to fight the legion, or the horde, or maybe even the void gods, who knows, there is so many possabilites
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    I may sound as hardcore and stupid Varian fan but what if in the end they showed as Varian? You know he can be MIA many years and then we will find him at Argus/BL planet fighting Legion etc. Hairstyle face structure and scars remind me of Varian. And Valen says High King - im doubt this title work Father - Son scheme.

Anduin is now the face of warcraft.
    Tired of this human bias bullcrap
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Well, we've gone to Draenor for over a year or so, what do you think he was doing for all this time, baking cupcakes? Boy got some serious training in that time.
    Goes from no combat experience to 1 shotting dreadlords with ease. I'm not buying it.