Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    That doesn't excuse the comparisons to her either being a follower of Satan or the devil herself. Not at all agreeing with the calling Trump a nazi. He's too much of a baffoon to be a fascist. Also they call him that based on his policies and his behavior. Don't tell me there are grounds to calling Clinton the devil.
    What about her horns?

She reportedly shouted "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    What about her horns?

She reportedly shouted "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"
    No no I need the one of her sucking the life force out of a poor child.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't excuse the comparisons to her either being a follower of Satan or the devil herself. Not at all agreeing with the calling Trump a nazi. He's too much of a baffoon to be a fascist. Also they call him that based on his policies and his behavior. Don't tell me there are grounds to calling Clinton the devil.
    You're stretching the truth. What Ben Carson said was that Clinton greatly admired Saul Alinsky, and Saul Alinsky has made references to Lucifer. Saying that means he's calling Clinton the Devil is simply inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You're stretching the truth. What Ben Carson said was that Clinton greatly admired Saul Alinsky, and Saul Alinsky has made references to Lucifer. Saying that means he's calling Clinton the Devil is simply inaccurate.
    OH fuck off, like ben Carson is capable of making that distinction much less the people on these very forums who think she's evil incarnate.

I mean the guy makes a speech on "make America work again" and makes it all about God and his place in America and ends it on that? Gimme a break.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2016-07-22 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I have to agree. This cycle has a seen a basically new RNC form , as well as Democrats. We are earning that MOst Americans are no longer strictly getting their news from the major media outlets , or they are no longer believing them. Everything the media has predicted and said would happen this cycle has been wrong, and the voters have stumped them. It is coming down to the people being sick and tired of politics as usual and most people seeing both parties as being more or less the same. A major reason why Trump is doing well.

All establishment politicians need to take a long hard look at what the voters are saying.
    I wouldn't be shocked if we splinter from the two party system within 10-12 years due to this election. The worst part is that the people like Bernie supporters somehow think that that'd somehow make them win when it would really be even harder for him to win if it wasn't a two party system.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    OH fuck off, like ben Carson is capable of making that distinction much less the people on these very forums who think she's evil incarnate.

I mean the guy makes a speech on "make America work again" and makes it all about God and his place in America and ends it on that? Gimme a break.
    You're completely missing the point (or more likely, intentionally missing the point to further your cause). Oh well

You're completely missing the point (or more likely, intentionally missing the point to further your cause). Oh well
    I didn't say he called her the devil. I made a mistake in saying he didn't make a distinction and that's on me, but he sure as shit alluded to her somehow following him. Why else would he bring it up?
    Last edited by Sky High; 2016-07-22 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree. This cycle has a seen a basically new RNC form , as well as Democrats. We are earning that MOst Americans are no longer strictly getting their news from the major media outlets , or they are no longer believing them. Everything the media has predicted and said would happen this cycle has been wrong, and the voters have stumped them. It is coming down to the people being sick and tired of politics as usual and most people seeing both parties as being more or less the same. A major reason why Trump is doing well.

All establishment politicians need to take a long hard look at what the voters are saying.
    Trump supporters seem to be saying they don't care about ideas, practically, or rationality, and instead have opted to switch the political stage to "speak loudly and carry no stick, but tell people you have the greatest stick of all."

As a guy who doesn't like Ted Cruz... I have to say good on Ted Cruz for standing up to this insanity. At least he seems to have salvaged some shred of self-decency from this farce of a republican party.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I must have missed the "Kill! Kill! Kill!" chants.
    Yeah, don't be deliberately obtuse - you know exactly what I'm talking about, not just playing on their fears - but driving them into a frenzied hate-mob.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Most Cruz voters will end up going for Trump in the end. The "conservative" pundits and party insiders who hate Trump hate him because he is against the neo-conservatism outlook that America must be the world policeman and must have open borders. They don't give a fuck about Cruz. If they cared at all for Cruz, they would have told him not to sacrifice his career like that. And for what? By the time the Hillary/Trump debates roll around, nobody will care about Ted's idiotic speech. But the GOP people will remember how he tried to knife them in the back and help Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

He is stupid. Trump gave him a platform to be a moron and he blew himself out. The entire GOP convention minus a few diehards booed him off the stage. This isn't Ronald Reagan here. The entire Texas political apparatus is furious with Cruz right now.
    Well said. I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ted Cruz, the Zodiac killer does not support Trump

Does that mean Trump is so horrible, that a serial killer would not support him?

OR

Does that mean serial killers don't think Trump has their best interests at heart?

I find it hillarious that GOP voters are so caught up in this ideal that Trump can do no wrong that they boo Cruz for not endorsing Trump because Trump maligned Cruz's wife and father but they don't boo Trump for maligning Cruz's wife and father.

It is entirely Trumps fault, neither instance needed to happen but he has 0% self control over what flies out of his mouth and that's just a taste of what the 'Revenge President' would do when he gets in office. Presidents need to be able to control the words coming out of their pie holes for exactly this reason. It was entirely avoidably by any other human being on this planet but Trump because Trump can't be the bigger man and let something slide to take the high road.

/shrug. I don't care much for Cruz, but he didn't backpedal on everything he's said about Trump and start kissing ass once we knew Trump was getting the nomination. I can kind of respect that.

That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Ted did the equivalent of pulling his wiener out on the playground to prove it's not THAT small. I think he damaged his political career pretty bad.
    ...pretty much this.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-22 at 12:50 PM.

As a foreigner I'm about to become prejudiced towards any american who say they vote republican -> stupid/selfish.

The fact that our two choices are Donald and Hillary says a lot about how far you can trust the voters...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Ted Cruz booed for doing what any half sane person would know is best?

You actually have to respect him for doing something like that. Not falling in the political circle jerk and endorsing a candidate they are pretending to like. Or Trump supports just want to stay shut in their echo chamber?
    I'm surprised more folks don't have this outlook. After all the complaining everyone does about politicians being political and playing political games, Ted does the opposite, alienates himself further from his party, but keeps the same position he's always held. And the people who had been crying for change are now crying that Cruz didn't flop like everyone else and join the status quo.

/shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say he called her the devil. I made a mistake in saying he didn't make a distinction and that's on me, but he sure as shit alluded to her somehow following him. Why else would he bring it up?
    It's actually quite hilarious, because Carson, is trying to make a Jewish man out to be a pro-satanist, when that's not how the passage in his book reads.

I guess that's no different than the vile demagoguery Trump vomits every day, so there's no reason to be surprised.

Critical thinking is hard at a coronation of a king. Just asked Ted, who got booed because he didn't use the word endorsed, but still made it sound like he was going to vote for him anyways and didn't say anything negative.

Sounds like what they did with Iraq, Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

Put them in the same sentence and people start to link it together even if you don't imply a direct connection between the 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ted Cruz get booed off the stage
    I've heard and read that on various news sources.
    And that's an outright lie.
    He did not get booed off the stage.
    He finished his speech, as planned. Didn't cut it short, didn't leave hasty, wasn't booed off stage.
    Booed he was, and not even just a little bit.
    But the facts should always be reported truthfully.

On the matter itself:
    Torn on that a bit.. So many aspects I can approach this thing from.
    Only one of them is positive, and that's the part where he stands up for his family.
    The least he can do, sans punching Trump in his face.
    But then there's a lot of other cons..
    Where was his righteous vein, when Trump insulted all the other candidates?
    Why did he feel the need to get to the convention at all, instead of showing his disapproval just like all the other high profile people who simply boycotted the events?
    And then, the choice between Trump and Cruz is about the same as either dying to the plague or cancer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    i dont get it , shouldnt cruz try to get votes from the trump haters ? why he is there ? why he isnt in opposition and calling him names ? amuricans love all that , please tell me whats going on

is his political carrier over or what ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    is his political carrier over or what ?
    nope.
    if Trump doesn't become President, Cruz wins big time.
    If Trump does become President, but fails on his promises, Cruz wins big time.

Only if Trump becomes President AND improves the country (which won't happen at all, period) Cruz' career might go down the drain.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."