Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wonder which bosses will be used as actual cards and which will just be PVE encounters only, if it is indeed Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Wonder which bosses will be used as actual cards and which will just be PVE encounters only, if it is indeed Kara.
    If it is Kara I would be thrilled for Blizzard to throw us a curve ball and make the chess and opera events cards somehow. Would be so awesome!

Its karazhan, party time, check out youtube, im too sleepy to link
    #FireworksAndDrinks
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Don't think it's Ulduar, they already gave mages a shitty Flame Leviathan. If it's Kara, the mage legendary better be Nielas .

Looks... stupid. Like I get Hearthstone is supposed to be the funny/silly part of the IP, but I dunno... this just seems like way over the top. Kinda turned off by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Looks... stupid. Like I get Hearthstone is supposed to be the funny/silly part of the IP, but I dunno... this just seems like way over the top. Kinda turned off by it.

You have to keep in mind that in Azeroth this is merely a card game between a bunch of random people every day. Most of the races on Azeroth probably wouldn't know of Medivh's existence, or if they did they would probably have very vague ideas about him, which would probably sometimes turn to more amusing or comical stories to pass the day away. And if we take the HS game in the real world and put it in the context of Azeroth we don't know who the creator would be. They could just as easily be one of those people who might say; "Medivh? Isn't that the guy involved in all of those silly mystical stories people talk about? Let's make some cards based around him!"

That's just how I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You have to keep in mind that in Azeroth this is merely a card game between a bunch of random people every day. Most of the races on Azeroth probably wouldn't know of Medivh's existence, or if they did they would probably have very vague ideas about him, which would probably sometimes turn to more amusing or comical stories to pass the day away. And if we take the HS game in the real world and put it in the context of Azeroth we don't know who the creator would be. They could just as easily be one of those people who might say; "Medivh? Isn't that the guy involved in all of those silly mystical stories people talk about? Let's make some cards based around him!"

That's just how I look at it.
    Yeah I mean it's going to hit people in different ways. Now, if this was an April Fool's joke or something I would be fine with it. The art/music/story of the whole premise is definitely high quality and funny... but what I liked about Naxx and the BRM ones were they still retained the same overall atmosphere of the original dungeons. Obviously just a few extra jokes - but within reason.

A Karazhan expansion, I wanted to have a bit of the creepy atmosphere (sort of like the people in the inn staring out into the night for the Old Gods expansion) and be a bit dark.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think upping the ridiculousness factor is a good move on their part. They don't make Hearthstone for hardcore wow nerds. People need to stop being so serious. HS is supposed to be fun for the millions of people, including children and adults, that play it. This is like Hotel Transylvania meets Saturday Night Fever. It will work.
    BAD WOLF

I think they went a little too over the top with the goofiness on this one, but still looking forward to seeing Karazhan bosses as cards

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think they went a little too over the top with the goofiness on this one, but still looking forward to seeing Karazhan bosses as cards
    Agreed on both accounts.

That trailer is incredibly reminiscent of Shrek to me. I like it artistically, but I do think Karazhan deserves a bit more grim and macabe especially considering its actual history and contents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Agreed on both accounts.

That trailer is incredibly reminiscent of Shrek to me. I like it artistically, but I do think Karazhan deserves a bit more grim and macabe especially considering its actual history and contents.
    I couldn't agree more.

Deleted
    Looks stupid to me. I loved Kharazhan, but I don't enjoy seeing it turned into a place where people have disco parties and swim in Jacuzzis. It all feels so surreal. What happened to just making a dungeon, like BRM?

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought that trailer was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing.

It's so much nicer to stop taking life so seriously all the time. You might wind up getting the joke from time to time if you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    I love it, I like the direction hearthstone is headding, we knew the deal when GVG came out with that trailer. Look at the game as a whole, it´s just goofy and fun. The three adventures are just hilarius and Karazhan will be no different.

I was kind of hesitant about ONK at first, but after thinking about it, its sort of genius.

The lore of Karazhan introduced in TBC was exactly that. Medivh used to throw massive, decadent, and hedonistic parties in Karazhan. Which is exactly what we are getting to take a part of. Obviously it's all exaggerated because of the aesthetics of Hearthstone. But it's a rather cool glimpse into what Karazhan was like in the heyday of Medivh and the tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me where I can buy the full adventure, because I thought it would be under where I brought the previous adventures which is under Shop > adventures but the only adventures there are the ones I had purchased before, like Blackrock and Explorers?

Is this a bug?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can someone tell me where I can buy the full adventure, because I thought it would be under where I brought the previous adventures which is under Shop > adventures but the only adventures there are the ones I had purchased before, like Blackrock and Explorers?

Is this a bug?
    It's not available yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    It's not available yet.
    thats nice to know, just usually they have the adventure waiting there a week in advance until its released :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-11 at 09:31 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance