Legion 7.0 Unholy & Frost YT Guides

Hello!

I've put together some guides covering the fundamentals of Unholy and Frost in 7.0

Hope they'll be helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those stat weights the "final" ones, as the Theory crafting document on Googledocs mentioned they wouldn't release one till it's completely proven through their sims?

Also what addon do you use for abilities used?

Thanks for the videos anyway, liked the older ones you had on unholy in WoD.

edit: just noticed the document got updated.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2016-07-21 at 03:52 PM.

Also what addon do you use for abilities used?
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/trufigcd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Ah thanks, looked at the addon and figured it was something else entirely for some reason.

Nice guides but do they get the JaceDK seal of approval?

I was sitting on the couch reading Youtube comments
    The death knight returns, yea, i'm the caped servant/
    If i was a knight id slay dragons thats my caliber
    Cops rollin' past, rollin' comments in the passenger
    To take all those talents and make them right
    Fighting like the, death knight
    Outdo your parses bitch I'm still Blood
    Let me hop in Discord and rock your world

*drops mic*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDK View Post

*drops mic*
    if this guy says its good, then Im in
    #HUGE IN JAPAN
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

thanks for your time and share!!

7+ Year Old Account
    No love for Icy Talons??
    Is it really not as good as Shattering Strikes??

I feel Im the only one who loves being a fucking blender and just slicing and dicing shit up
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Is there a golden rule for how many Festering Strikes to use outside of your opener? Basically, once I have bursted all my wounds, do I use one FS and burst them with CS, or do I try to get 5+ wounds before switching back to CS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    Is there a golden rule for how many Festering Strikes to use outside of your opener? Basically, once I have bursted all my wounds, do I use one FS and burst them with CS, or do I try to get 5+ wounds before switching back to CS?
    Goal is to not waste FW stacks so that means don't use FS when you still have 5 or more. So ideally how i see it use CS at 5 stacks or more. ALthough FS uses 2 runes and CS one i'm not sure if it's always worth waiting on FS to use CS at 5+, think that might be a damage loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDK View Post

*drops mic*
    I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    i'm not sure if it's always worth waiting on FS to use CS at 5+, think that might be a damage loss.
    See, this is my main concern. I'm aware that I shouldn't use FS when I am at 5+ because of the potential to waste a stack. However, I feel that after I have burned all my wounds with CS, I feel like I'm waiting a long time to get back to 5+ before I start using CS again, because of FS needing two runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    See, this is my main concern. I'm aware that I shouldn't use FS when I am at 5+ because of the potential to waste a stack. However, I feel that after I have burned all my wounds with CS, I feel like I'm waiting a long time to get back to 5+ before I start using CS again, because of FS needing two runes.
    Take note that during the pre-patch we are missing quite a few of perks from our artifact to speed up rune and runic regen. That being said try getting more haste and using Pestilent pustules is also a good way to increase your rune regen, epidemic is nice but right now i'm not sure that we need more aoe.

Although i've read that epidemic is better if there are 2 or more targets, given that you can keep your disease up on them. I prefer PP even at 24% haste.

Would give that a try and see if that improves things. Just a matter of testing things out even better if you have another DK in the raid much like i do to compare things with in a live raid environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that rune UI standalone or some part of WA I haven't found yet?

Edit nvm found it http://pastebin.com/FF5qHXYw
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-07-22 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Take note that during the pre-patch we are missing quite a few of perks from our artifact to speed up rune and runic regen. That being said try getting more haste and using Pestilent pustules is also a good way to increase your rune regen, epidemic is nice but right now i'm not sure that we need more aoe.

Although i've read that epidemic is better if there are 2 or more targets, given that you can keep your disease up on them. I prefer PP even at 24% haste.

Would give that a try and see if that improves things. Just a matter of testing things out even better if you have another DK in the raid much like i do to compare things with in a live raid environment.
    I'm sitting at 26% Haste without a food buff, and a little over 28% with food. Testing both PP and Epidemic in ST situations, I've noticed almost no difference whatsoever. However, once there is two or more targets, Epidemic was just vastly better.

I wouldn't use epidemic for st, never. Use blighted rune weap or pp. blighted is fun because you just use it whenever you pop the wounds from your first 2 festerings and your next auto attacks automatically regen festering wounds for you so you don't have to use fs as much and can focus more on cs spam. If the fight lasts longer than 1 min, take pp for the rune regen.
    I feel a good amount of haste to have atm is around 28-30. I'm at 33 right now with haste food and the rotation is very smooth, hardly have to wait for my runes to regen.

fent
    i'm not sure if it's always worth waiting on FS to use CS at 5+, think that might be a damage loss.
    Runes are coming back in sets of 3. 2 will be either FS or 2xSS/CS, and 1 will be Outbreak or SS/CS. It doesnt matter to the runes whether you use CS before or after FS. But you will be using a set of 3 on either FS/CS or 3xCS. To keep wounds up all the time you use the 2 potential FS runes on FS under 4 FW, and CS those 2 runes when over 4 FW. You dont hold the 3rd rune and wait for another set to return to use FS when under 4 FW.

Freedom
    Is that rune UI standalone or some part of WA I haven't found yet?

Edit nvm found it http://pastebin.com/FF5qHXYw
    there was an issue with that WA between the legion beta build and the live one out now, so i had to take down that version and change it. There are now small and medium types available at the top of the page: http://pastebin.com/u/Frostelion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelion View Post
    Runes are coming back in sets of 3. 2 will be either FS or 2xSS/CS, and 1 will be Outbreak or SS/CS. It doesnt matter to the runes whether you use CS before or after FS. But you will be using a set of 3 on either FS/CS or 3xCS. To keep wounds up all the time you use the 2 potential FS runes on FS under 4 FW, and CS those 2 runes when over 4 FW. You dont hold the 3rd rune and wait for another set to return to use FS when under 4 FW.

there was an issue with that WA between the legion beta build and the live one out now, so i had to take down that version and change it. There are now small and medium types available at the top of the page: http://pastebin.com/u/Frostelion
    Ah i understand now you maintain 4 or higher to make sure you always have one on the target when you can use 3 runes on CS. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelion View Post
    This answers my question. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    I wouldn't use epidemic for st, never. Use blighted rune weap or pp. blighted is fun because you just use it whenever you pop the wounds from your first 2 festerings and your next auto attacks automatically regen festering wounds for you so you don't have to use fs as much and can focus more on cs spam. If the fight lasts longer than 1 min, take pp for the rune regen.
    I feel a good amount of haste to have atm is around 28-30. I'm at 33 right now with haste food and the rotation is very smooth, hardly have to wait for my runes to regen.
    I know that you don't use Epidemic for ST. I don't actually use it if there is only one target up. What I was trying to say was, I am unable to notice any difference in my ST DPS whether I'm talented into PP or Epidemic.