Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Get the leech trinket from Kaz. You could afk auto attack and never die. It scales big time with the hidden damage buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
    Ive had trouble with Shannox on my rogue and druid, because I dont have a way to pacify rage-face or get him to get off me. Tried bird buff, but i ruined it on my rogue, and wasn't able to kill him on druid fast enough
    Simple. Nuke rage face first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    I just finished doing all the 25H Cataclysm raids as Arms at a 704 item level (minus the second half DS because I would have to respec back to Prot to deal with the flying mobs before Ultraxion - didn't have the patience to go to a city and then come back). Had no issues at all.
    You can change specs anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    I just finished doing all the 25H Cataclysm raids as Arms at a 704 item level (minus the second half DS because I would have to respec back to Prot to deal with the flying mobs before Ultraxion - didn't have the patience to go to a city and then come back). Had no issues at all.
    That is such a terrible change imho. Why oh why are we forced to go back to a resting zone just to respecc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    That's not even close to being realistic. Okay, so you aren't making 10k a week from the Cata raids now, but I just finished all of them on 25H minus BH because faction control and netted 5k.

OT: Tanks are always going to be the most unkillable for obvious reasons, but that isn't an issue with the Cata raids anyway. Not sure what classes have the best movement atm, but that would be my choice. The speed at which you can move through a raid is where you will make up time, considering every class will kill bosses in roughly the same amount of time.
    I'm pretty sure rogues will actually be the most unkillable because of the 10% leech + whatever they have on gear. When your damage done is way higher than damage taken, leech will make you immortal to anything that doesn't oneshot you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to faceroll Cata raids since MoP as a frost DK. In my experience, everything gets blown up so quickly, even on heroic, that healing never really plays into it. The only fight I can think of where self-healing is even remotely a factor is spine of deathwing, but that's only because you're forced to sit there for so long.

...But I only solo raids for mounts, and not for gold.

I did notice, however, that soloing Mogu'shan vaults as an unholy DK (I used to be frost pre-patch) got significantly more difficult... whereas I'd be able to just facesmash my way through the first three bosses as frost (They'd drop me pretty low, but death strike spam+AMS+icebound+Sac pact would keep me alive) and then easily down the remaining two as blood in DPS gear, I was now only barely able to do stone guardians as unholy (and I had to use a shieldtronic potion,) and legitimately couldn't do Feng as Unholy (now that we have only one effective survival CD, AMS, and death strike got exceptionally clunkier) and I noticed that blood took a lot longer than it used to, and the bosses were actually hitting me down into the 80% range.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why were you not able to solo them as arms?

And why were you not able to respec to prot in DS? I swapped between ret, prot and holy in HFC tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Simple. Nuke rage face first.
    Unless its heroic, then you just need to kill boss before rage stuns you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Unless its heroic, then you just need to kill boss before rage stuns you
    You just need to have DoTs up on him. The DoT should tick for enough damage to break the channel.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Why were you not able to solo them as arms?
    Not sure what toolkit blizzard left arms with, but a while back befor the patch I was doing DS and only being able to basic "throw" to kill flying mobs is a pain. Not like your going to die to the fire, it just takes forever. Mount Hyjal trash before 3rd and 4th bosses are the same way, cake to deal with as ranged, annoying as melee.

Not sure why he didn't switch to prot while there, I swapped between prot and ret in ToES tonight when I soloed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You just need to have DoTs up on him. The DoT should tick for enough damage to break the channel.
    Can't believe there are still people who haven't figured this out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    That is such a terrible change imho. Why oh why are we forced to go back to a resting zone just to respecc.
    You are not. The book crafted from Inscription lets you do it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Not sure what toolkit blizzard left arms with, but a while back befor the patch I was doing DS and only being able to basic "throw" to kill flying mobs is a pain. Not like your going to die to the fire, it just takes forever. Mount Hyjal trash before 3rd and 4th bosses are the same way, cake to deal with as ranged, annoying as melee.

Not sure why he didn't switch to prot while there, I swapped between prot and ret in ToES tonight when I soloed it.

Can't believe there are still people who haven't figured this out.

Because DoTs don't break the channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You are not. The book crafted from Inscription lets you do it anywhere.
    The tome is for talents not spec. You can change specs anytime out of combat for free.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Without a doubt, the best class in the game for soloing MoP and cata raids is mage. Cata 25 heroics are easy and doable by anyone in tanaan gear or higher, maybe even less. MoP will be just as faceroll in legion, but it's still very doable right now on 10n in lfr gear. Mages will almost always be top or near top in DPS. Having an extremely high burst, combined with having all your cooldowns and timewarp reset after every boss, it makes them able to nuke them down faster than pretty much anyone else.

That said, for the easy stuff where they die in one hit like in molten core, you'd want a class like a rogue, monk, druid or demon hunter for their mobility, or if you're doing the harder stuff that you can't really just nuke down as a mage, like WoD stuff in legion or harder mop raids, then you'd want a class that's good at soloing, like hunters, warlocks and any tanks, though preferably blood DKs and vengeance demon hunters.

In the end though, pretty much any class can solo stuff up to and including MoP, especially so in legion. You'd be better off just doing so on a class you enjoy or has wardrobe items you want to unlock. No point in steamrolling raids as x class if you don't enjoy it or if your main wears a different armor type, unless you just want to unlock all of them anyway.
    Last edited by Justin-Sane; 2016-07-22 at 06:46 AM.

Dots failed to break me out both on my druid and rogue

Quote Originally Posted by lemsipslol View Post
    Thanks for the reply, first time ive even heard of this wowlazymacros is it allowed? Also whats the benefit of it, would love to know more it looks interesting, do you just spam one button?
    wowlazymacros.com is a forum where guys write in-game macros for WoW. Most of them use the addon GnomeSequencer which allows for longer macros. It all falls under Blizzard's addon/macros guidelines and specifications.

Of course they cannot compete with skilled play of a spec, but they can actually do really well for tanking/DPS/Healing. Some specs are just not macro friendly because they depend on so many interactions/procs. I use them for classes I don't play often for leveling, farming, LFR, etc. The nice thing about these are... you can play an alt class for fun.. and somewhere along the line you end up not using the macros and learning the class more.

The expansion brings all new priorities/rotations so they are only now just starting to release some macros, some of which still need tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Without a doubt, the best class in the game for soloing MoP and cata raids is mage. Cata 25 heroics are easy and doable by anyone in tanaan gear or higher, maybe even less. MoP will be just as faceroll in legion, but it's still very doable right now on 10n in lfr gear. Mages will almost always be top or near top in DPS. Having an extremely high burst, combined with having all your cooldowns and timewarp reset after every boss, it makes them able to nuke them down faster than pretty much anyone else.

That said, for the easy stuff where they die in one hit like in molten core, you'd want a class like a rogue, monk, druid or demon hunter for their mobility, or if you're doing the harder stuff that you can't really just nuke down as a mage, like WoD stuff in legion or harder mop raids, then you'd want a class that's good at soloing, like hunters, warlocks and any tanks, though preferably blood DKs and vengeance demon hunters.

In the end though, pretty much any class can solo stuff up to and including MoP, especially so in legion. You'd be better off just doing so on a class you enjoy or has wardrobe items you want to unlock. No point in steamrolling raids as x class if you don't enjoy it or if your main wears a different armor type, unless you just want to unlock all of them anyway.
    Best doesn't mean highest theoreticial DPS when uber geared. Unless they changed something in the prepatch; mages are one of the worst. Squishy and no self heal to speak of.

Melee are always going to suck in older, face roll raids too. Hard hitting, insta cast range classes/specs like boomer or hunter are gods there. Granted no class would die in MC but best also means fastest/easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Best doesn't mean highest theoreticial DPS when uber geared. Unless they changed something in the prepatch; mages are one of the worst. Squishy and no self heal to speak of.

Melee are always going to suck in older, face roll raids too. Hard hitting, insta cast range classes/specs like boomer or hunter are gods there. Granted no class would die in MC but best also means fastest/easiest.
    I'll be honest, when I was referring to mages being the best, I was basing my opinion on their position before the pre-patch. I haven't been keeping up much with how classes have changed in rankings, but I'm pretty sure that they will climb back up in legion, and if not, then so be it. The fact remains that for medium difficulty bosses, nuking them down is much easier and more efficient than using a class that can tank, self heal or one that has a pet. Those types of classes are best for the harder ones where bursting them down does not matter because they have too much health.

As for that second part, I disagree. Melee, range, it doesn't matter. What matters for the easy stuff is getting there the fastest. Even with hunters having a 40yd range, a class like a demon hunter or monk can still get from boss to boss much faster, but again, like I said, what really matters is why you're there. If your main is a class like a priest, there's no point in going into a legacy raid as a demon hunter just because it's easier or faster, Unless you want leather transmogs, swords/axes or other items like thunderfury. What matters the most is doing it on a class you enjoy or want transmog for because every class in the game can solo everything up to and including most of mop and it'll only get easier at 110.

Any class that has self-heal and CDs. Elemental is the best currently, since you can pop Ascension and Bloodlust on every fight and burst them in seconds, while having self-heal and summons when needed.

Deleted
    No different to before the patch - all of them.

If do you have problems with Shannox just use the buff from Alysrazor to nuke him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Gotta love posts like this one, full of disbeleif and ignorance.

All of Cata 25 heroic was solod before 6.0. Most of it was solod during Throne of Thunder, with a few bosses being solod later on in SoO with the HUGE ilvl inflation. For the last few months of SoO, I was soloing 25 heroic Madness/Ultrax/Ragnaros for their mounts on my 580ish main,
    Soloing Ultraxion 25hc before 6.0.2. I want proof of that. What spec? 180m HP in less than 55 seconds? Ok. Conclave 25hc? Sinestra 25hc? Really? Haven't read so much nonsense in a while.

You can easily use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=227561/...the-clear-mind but does not work above 100 though... save ur time..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Soloing Ultraxion 25hc before 6.0.2. I want proof of that. What spec? 180m HP in less than 55 seconds? Ok. Conclave 25hc? Sinestra 25hc? Really? Haven't read so much nonsense in a while.
    Ultraxion had FAR less then 180m HP. 35% health nerf with the debuff, and the end-of-Cata 30% nerf to raids gave 25 H Ultrax slighty under 80 mil HP. You also had 63 seconds due to the delay between shattering the shield and the insta-death cast, so you needed 1.250 mil XP dps to do it without glitching the fight. Do note that there was also an exploit you could do that would extend the time to the second hour of twilight (You had to use a toy from Pandaria or something), leading ppl to solo Ultrax 25 H.

As for a solo without using that, a BM hunter managed it a few months before 6.0 was released. I think a feral, elemental, and unholy DK did as well? The Unholy DK might have done it shortly after 6.0.

Pretty sure Sinstra 25 hc was done by one of the solo DKs before 6.0 was ever released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found Guardian pretty strong since the patch hit to solo old stuff. Before patch I was soloing everything by facerolling starfall @ ilvl 744.
    When I did some mop raid this week I found guardian was easier than balance. Better survability and good damage output. Anyway. 25 HC Cata Raid is cake once u have some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Pretty sure Sinstra 25 hc was done by one of the solo DKs before 6.0 was ever released.
    Mionelol