Deleted
    Where are the insta-casts Solar Wraths and Lunar Strikes from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Where are the insta-casts Solar Wraths and Lunar Strikes from?
    Owlkin Frenzy. The restrictions seem to be less.... strict, in terms of this spell actually triggering, resulting in noticing it happening more. Which I like!

Deleted
    So weird the spell isn't located in the spellbook under passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Haste >> Crit >> Mastery
    isn't it closer to Haste>>Crit=Mastery because of archimonde trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm favoring right now a haste mastery heavy build, on live currently, only because of the archimonde trinket. The other Stat priority I think is for legion

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    So weird the spell isn't located in the spellbook under passives.
    its attached to moonkin form

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Couldn't test what happens when targets move away from each other. Are the Sunfires quantum entangled or does the extension chain from Sunfire to Sunfire within their splash zone (so my right target getting SWrathed extends the middle dummy's SnF because it's in the spread zone, which also extends the left's SnF which is in the middle's spread zone)?

Also the "Solar Wrath extends all Sunfire, even if the target's Sunfire has no connection with the others" could also be an artifact of refreshing a "connected" Sunfire with a non-connected....sort of like a pseudo-new dot.

I'm so confused right now
    It refreshes all sunfires regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Owlkin Frenzy. The restrictions seem to be less.... strict, in terms of this spell actually triggering, resulting in noticing it happening more. Which I like!
    They've never been terribly strict, although it's always kinda unclear what exactly the limitations are. It's procced even from invisible trigger auras and stuff in the past.

They should just make it any single target attack, magic or physical and no other special rules.

Deleted
    Pre-Patch Balance druid.

We did HFC HC and few HFC Mythic bosses last night. I used Starlord, Inc or Stellar Flare, BoTA or Shooting Stars and Nature's Balance.

Balance druid overall felt good, smooth and fun. Actually compared to Legion Beta the pre-patch moonkin is much more fun to play, this might be due the fact I am still pretty bad with Fury of Elune, and I don't know boss mechanics on Beta.

About the actual damage on live: It's insanely good, I feel like I can sustain the dps higher than pre prepatch. I am insanely happy how good and fun balance druid feels with class trinket.

Last night raid: We killed 13/13HC and 3/13M, just for testing.
    There was one boss I wasn't in top-5 dps, 4 bosses I did do most dps and rest bosses I were third-fifth. Overall this is better than with WoD talents.

Mythic Iron Reaver and Council: I did top dps on these both, Reaver is single target and Council is cleave. On Reaver I used Inc+BoTA, on Council StellarF+ShootingStars. I am not 100% sure if my talent choice on Council was best possible because of bosses die pretty fast, and I'll end up single targeting Dia for 30sec+.

Here is link to logs from last night, keep in mind that I was completely noob with talents at start, I've had very limited time to play on beta and I have been only practicing Fury of Elune, which can't be used on live currently because it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Pre-Patch Balance druid.

We did HFC HC and few HFC Mythic bosses last night. I used Starlord, Inc or Stellar Flare, BoTA or Shooting Stars and Nature's Balance.

Balance druid overall felt good, smooth and fun. Actually compared to Legion Beta the pre-patch moonkin is much more fun to play, this might be due the fact I am still pretty bad with Fury of Elune, and I don't know boss mechanics on Beta.

About the actual damage on live: It's insanely good, I feel like I can sustain the dps higher than pre prepatch. I am insanely happy how good and fun balance druid feels with class trinket.

Last night raid: We killed 13/13HC and 3/13M, just for testing.
    There was one boss I wasn't in top-5 dps, 4 bosses I did do most dps and rest bosses I were third-fifth. Overall this is better than with WoD talents.

Mythic Iron Reaver and Council: I did top dps on these both, Reaver is single target and Council is cleave. On Reaver I used Inc+BoTA, on Council StellarF+ShootingStars. I am not 100% sure if my talent choice on Council was best possible because of bosses die pretty fast, and I'll end up single targeting Dia for 30sec+.
    i am sorry to be that guy but then you didnt play it correctly before or the other dds in your raid are not as strong as they should be.
    even though i am ranked like the 2nd druid on my server for some of the mythic bosses i am still way behind other dds.
    for me it doesnt really make fun at the moment but i am willed to pull through to 110, including artifact weapon and so on.

i just hope that moonkin is viable in 5mans with fury of elune. otherwise i am screwed big times and should more likely level my hunter i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by biacz View Post
    i am sorry to be that guy but then you didnt play it correctly before or the other dds in your raid are not as strong as they should be.
    even though i am ranked like the 2nd druid on my server for some of the mythic bosses i am still way behind other dds.
    for me it doesnt really make fun at the moment but i am willed to pull through to 110, including artifact weapon and so on.

i just hope that moonkin is viable in 5mans with fury of elune. otherwise i am screwed big times and should more likely level my hunter i guess.
    Other DPS are not as strong as they should be, that's true. It's mainly because this raid was just for testing the talents. I did mean that I am keeping up on dps compared to other classes now better/easier than I did pre pre-patch. Like; now I can actually do more dps than mages, of course on some bosses I did top the meters with WoD talents aswell, but bursts like Iron Reaver the arcane mages were too strong to beat. I am not sure if I understood your point correctly.

Tho the 147k DPS on Iron Reaver with pretty bad raid dps is surprisingly good. In top-50 Pre-patch Iron Reaver Mythic Balance Druid there are like no other 1min+ kills, and currently the last nights dps is world rank 28 for balance druids, so it might be that I managed to pull of higher dmg last night than I should. If compared to our realms Rank1 guilds balance druid, he did 40k less dps on their faster kill on reaver, also our another boomkin did 50k less on the pull I did my 147k. Maybe I just somewhy over performed yesterday or I had good RNG, not sure, but it was pretty easy to pull those numbers. Whole rotation is simple as damn without Fury of Elune.

I am not sure if you have played on beta, but I am 100% sure you will understand the struggle when you ding 110lv and can't use class trinket anymore. Currently I can get 78% Starfall with 40AP (+ I do get empowerments and actual dmg from SS), but in Legion I must first stack up 60ap and then use Starfall. 40 and 60 AP is HUGE difference when we're talking about like how fast you can ramp up your damage. MoonMoon spells are also struggle, try play FoE build and then you have to get every single AP you can get to minmax the damage; you start casting 3 sec Full Moon; boss knocks you back -> Your burst = zero. FoE is actually pretty hard spell to minmax when player doesn't know the boss mechanics and if tank moves the boss. I will try bind FoE to mouse scroll as some kind of mouseover, so I could move my cursor and roll my mouse scroll to move the FoE.

Balance druid will not be fotm class for 5mans, it's still viable for sure, but if you are going to do some really high Mythic+ runs; you must get guild group to kind off carry you. Tho the difference between FoTM dps for Mythic+ and Balance Druid won't be insane, and actually if you can get premade team that knows how important it is to stack up the adds for your FoE etc how to play when balance druid in group then you will do well. I already said to our core maintank that I will sneak up into his mythic+ group when Legion launches, and we will actually have Bm Hunter/Enha/Uh DK as other dps mostlikely, so the rest of the group will carry me.
    Last edited by mmoca5f6b06df9; 2016-07-22 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Maybe I just somewhy over performed yesterday or I had good RNG, not sure, but it was pretty easy to pull those numbers.
    well .. looked at your loogs on Iron Reaver and Solar Wrath for 200k ???

00:00:10.016 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver *38550*
    00:00:10.212 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:10.581 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 17252
    00:00:10.626 Fey Moonwing 1 (Avelqt) Fey Missile Iron Reaver 9058
    00:00:10.831 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 18823
    00:00:11.027 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver *193445*
    00:00:11.168 Avelqt Sunfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:11.527 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:11.994 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver 50826
    00:00:12.069 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 16995
    00:00:12.393 Fey Moonwing 1 (Avelqt) Fey Missile Iron Reaver 10250
    00:00:12.463 Avelqt Sunfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:12.534 Avelqt Starsurge Iron Reaver *410000*
    00:00:12.597 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver *34151*
    00:00:12.597 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 17761
    00:00:12.626 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 19036
    00:00:12.781 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:12.977 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver 50825

I wasn't aware we can get that high numbers on Solar Wrath :P ... my gear is way to low to compare my numbers to yours but when you burst just over 1milio in just three seconds then you are supposed to get a good ranking :P

looks like you got lucky RNG on Starsurge - 53% crit on our biggest nuke spell atm will help a lot. If you would get 30% crit on Starsurge and 30% crit on Lunar Strike (you only had 10% there) your number would be not as impressive but that's what RNG does to us ... get lucky and you will be there ...
    Last edited by mmoc0e290119fb; 2016-07-22 at 04:17 PM.

You're playing wrong if you're not in the top of dps charts behind demo/fire atm. Obviously there's some luck involved regarding procing Starfall (thanks for the 72% soc blizz) and procing DSI/Orb, but you should consistently be in the upper half of your raid's dps.

Deleted
    How many targets does it take for shooting stars to beat BotA?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    How many targets does it take for shooting stars to beat BotA?
    3 or more targets that live longer than 10 seconds is what it is needed to maximize this talent.

on single target fights should i use empowered lunar strike charges or let them sit? is just spamming sunfire better?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    on single target fights should i use empowered lunar strike charges or let them sit? is just spamming sunfire better?
    Empowered lunar strike > unempowered solar wrath

What is the best talent set up for FOE? Go WoE in T15 and AC in T90 for Max uptime? Would Inc be best here as well to max FOE damage and build around that?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    well .. looked at your loogs on Iron Reaver and Solar Wrath for 200k ???

00:00:10.016 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver *38550*
    00:00:10.212 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:10.581 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 17252
    00:00:10.626 Fey Moonwing 1 (Avelqt) Fey Missile Iron Reaver 9058
    00:00:10.831 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 18823
    00:00:11.027 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver *193445*
    00:00:11.168 Avelqt Sunfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:11.527 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:11.994 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver 50826
    00:00:12.069 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 16995
    00:00:12.393 Fey Moonwing 1 (Avelqt) Fey Missile Iron Reaver 10250
    00:00:12.463 Avelqt Sunfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:12.534 Avelqt Starsurge Iron Reaver *410000*
    00:00:12.597 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver *34151*
    00:00:12.597 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 17761
    00:00:12.626 Avelqt Starfall Iron Reaver 19036
    00:00:12.781 Avelqt Moonfire Iron Reaver Tick 28002
    00:00:12.977 Avelqt Solar Wrath Iron Reaver 50825

I wasn't aware we can get that high numbers on Solar Wrath :P ... my gear is way to low to compare my numbers to yours but when you burst just over 1milio in just three seconds then you are supposed to get a good ranking :P

looks like you got lucky RNG on Starsurge - 53% crit on our biggest nuke spell atm will help a lot. If you would get 30% crit on Starsurge and 30% crit on Lunar Strike (you only had 10% there) your number would be not as impressive but that's what RNG does to us ... get lucky and you will be there ...
    how come that solar wrath did about 4 times more damage than his other solar wrath, which is shortly after a starsurge so it would be empowered too.

If i see that correctly, it's a critical hit, so it's actually only about double the damage. Still a pretty big difference.