10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm quite pleased, went for a walk today. It's my day off and I normally don't go anywhere, wanted to get 75 minutes activity tracked on my Google Fit app. Caught 2 Gyms, finally caught a Magikarp and a Gastly, had eggs hatch into Exeggcute, Tentacool and an 808CP Scyther, which is over 350 higher than my previous highest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    What is your guys' opinion on Gyms?

I like them personally. The only form of it I do not like is how easy it is to lose a Gym. As far as I can tell all Defending Pokemon in the gym attack every 1.5 seconds, compared to a player controlled Pokemon literally spamming attacks. And you can literally gang up on it. Was fighting a Gym and another person joined in on the same battle and we just downed it together. 2 players vs 1 computer. Not only that but you can fight your 6 pokemon against the defending pokemon gym, granted if you power up the Gym enough you can have 10+ pokemon in it. But most are under 5, so if you can at least kill the first 3 you'll eventually take it over at the cost of potions.

Idk I just think they should buff Defending the gym or something. Seems too easy to take it over.
    It depends on how well they're fortified, but if a group of people gang up it's relatively easy to take over, though it will often cost a fair amount of consumables on your part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    , had eggs hatch into Exeggcute,
    ...Eggception!
    I managed to catch my 50th type of pokemon yesterday! Omanyte

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The new Pokemon tracking maps are wonderful. I am carrying around my S7 Edge and my old Note 5 now; Go on the S7, the tracker maps on the Note.

Finally got a Hitmonlee, Kingler, Venomoth and Butterfree.

Going to a Pokemon Go Meetup this weekend. Hopefully I can snag a Dratini, Lapras and Snorlax. Snorlax is one of my favorite 'Mons and it burns me up seeing others catch or hatch a Snorlax and yet the rotund Pokemon eludes me.
    I have multiple Dratini spawns on the beach near me. Already have Dragonair and working towards Dragonite.

EDIT: i got my first gold trophy yesterday, but apparently no rewards and progress is locked atm (the gauge stays filled).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I got a gold trophy for normal type pokemon. Trophy progress is a bit broken though, I've had .. christ, dozens of Rattatas, but my trophy for them only shows like 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Aye, I got a gold trophy for normal type pokemon. Trophy progress is a bit broken though, I've had .. christ, dozens of Rattatas, but my trophy for them only shows like 9.
    Those thropies have a buigged description. Rattata one counts only XS, Magikarp one counts only the XL.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, to be fair I'd not checked it for a while, it seems one of the "text fixes" in the latest software update was to edit the description so it now says to catch "x tiny rattata".

Deleted
    my game is crashing after everytime i catch a pokemon, i throw the ball and it does the animation, then it just sits on the screen with the closed pokeball in the middle doing nothing :x i have to keep closing it and restarting the app, it saves my progress, but its just a hassle!

on nexus 5x, anyone else getting same issue?

That's server issue most probably. The game just lags out.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    my game is crashing after everytime i catch a pokemon, i throw the ball and it does the animation, then it just sits on the screen with the closed pokeball in the middle doing nothing :x i have to keep closing it and restarting the app, it saves my progress, but its just a hassle!

on nexus 5x, anyone else getting same issue?
    Yup it happens when the servers are laggy. Just close it and reopen it, if you are lucky you caught the pokemon with that pokeball, otherwise it should pop up on the map again.

But happens less frequently now for me at least, servers are starting to get a bit more stable.

Eevee CP 365 \o/ cant wait to evolve her to Flareon. Should be over 1k hopefully...

10+ Year Old Account
    So I decided it's early morning, it's as cold as it's gonna get, I'm awake, guess I'll give it a shot. Found two very out of the way churches that were pokestops. Dropped some incense and went on my way. One of the churches was too far away from the road for me to get there without feeling like I was tresspassing (though, to be fair, I have a serio0us non-religious beef with those assholes). Somehow my GPS broke and I made it there anyway. I got one pokeball. One. The other church, well, it broke hard. Walked up to it, GPS fucked up, wouldn't move me to it. Basically standing at its front door, and the GPS teleports me PAST it, too far away to access it. All in all, with wild pokemon and ones that spawned from the incense, the only thing I found that wasn't a Pidgey was one Caterpie. That's fucking it. Fantastic game. Just fantastic...

Well I though this was funny.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I have been hoarding Pokemon to do a mass evolve around level 20. Had a few questions.

1. From my understanding a Pidgey I catch with 10 CP and another with 250 would both have a CP cap of 300 (Just using random numbers).

2. If I get something close to cap (and that has an ability I want) is it worth powering them up?

3. Should I focus on only evolving one Pidgey or should I try to do as many as possible?

4. If I already have a Pidgeotto is it still worth evolving my remaining Pidgeys or should I focus on getting a Pidgeot?

Any helpful tips? I'm assuming it's okay for me to release all my low CP pokemon in order to get more candy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every evolve is 1k exp (doubled to 2k) as far as I can tell, so you only want to evolve Pidgey, as that requires 12 candy, whereas evolving Pidgeotto requires 50. After each evolve transfer that pokemon for another candy

The way I think the cap/CP works is that the cap is the same for all pokemon of that type (so pidgey cap would be say 300), but the higher CP ones you have will be closer and thus need less powering up to hit the cap. A 250 CP pokemon might only need 2-3 power ups to hit the 300 cap, where a 10CP will need like 20-30 power ups to hit the 300 cap.

I've heard it's not worth powering anything up until you hit level 20, as you catch more powerful ones in the wild so save yourself the dust, but from level 20 onwards, each level takes forever so that's a good breakpoint to start powering them up.

So basically count how many candy you have, make sure you have enough pidgey to consume all the candy (ish, you'll get another candy per evolve that you trade in), do the same for any others you want to evolve for exp (caterpie, weedle, zubat, ratatta, maybe some others).

You might at some point want to evolve some of them to their final forms for the pokedex entry/captured statistic, but from a purely experience oriented mind set, only do the first stage evolve.

Are there hot singles in your area looking to hook up and CATCH POKEMON*?

Because apparently Pokemon GO related dating apps/services are a thing. As in there's more than one already.

*= Not a euphemism for sex. Maybe...?

@Rixis Thank you for the detailed answer.

Deleted
    DId they make a roll back today?, start playing pokemon go today and manage to reach level 3, got disconected then after 30 minutes i was level 1 and lost all pokemon i found

How are people doing pokedex wise? I'm at 82.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    So how do Gyms work, exactly? Cause all i see are gyms with pokemon at Cp 700+. My highest is 300 ish