Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    He's never fought anything before. Going from not fighting anything to easily handling a Dreadlord is just ridiculous.
    That isn't how it works though, especially not with magic. As well, he has been in situations of defense before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Btw, is Anduin a Priest/Warrior/Paladin hybrid now? I mean, he's obviously a priest, but he picks up Shalamayne, (implying that he might use it one day) and he kills that Dreadlord with an ability that looks an awful lot like Seraphim. I suppose he wouldn't need to be a warrior to fight with one handed swords, but still.

Anywho, I thought that was fuckin' awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Btw, is Anduin a Priest/Warrior/Paladin hybrid now? I mean, he's obviously a priest, but he picks up Shalamayne, (implying that he might use it one day) and he kills that Dreadlord with an ability that looks an awful lot like Seraphim. I suppose he wouldn't need to be a warrior to fight with one handed swords, but still.

Anywho, I thought that was fuckin' awesome!
    He's likely starting to lean toward paladin, which fits the vision Velen had

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9116501571.pdf

I... really dislike the inclusion of the last page.

Warcraft doesn't work well with things like that, a flash forward like that has huge implications and really flattens any sense of danger to Anduin and Velen's characters.
    I like the last page, for one the Light has a chance against the Legion, and they are still fighting - at least we know Velen and Anduin are going to be around, Anduin is going to be grey haired man. Good for him, he survives longer than both his father and Grandfather.

but hey, we know that if blizzard doesn't want that to happen they'll change it, and the excuse will be that the vision is not fixed, but onepossible path and that path changed..blah blah.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Anduin used Hammer of Judgement to hit the Dreadlord, Paladin confirmed.
    ... No, he used *A* hammer to hit the Dreadlord, if anything then it was Fearbreaker.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... No, he used *A* hammer to hit the Dreadlord, if anything then it was Fearbreaker.
    The hammer he used didn't look anything like Fearbreaker. It was the same design as Uther's hammer.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.../Uther_HoW.jpg

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    The hammer he used didn't look anything like Fearbreaker. It was the same design as Uther's hammer.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.../Uther_HoW.jpg
    Fearbreaker doesn't have a canon appearance though. There are like 3 different drawings of it. All we know is, that it's a hammer of Dwarven design.

7+ Year Old Account
    the hammer anduin used to kill the nathrezim was not even a physical weapon, it was a spell.

- - - Updated - - -

since when became the fearbreaker a spell?

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the hammer anduin used to kill the nathrezim was not even a physical weapon, it was a spell.

- - - Updated - - -

since when became the fearbreaker a spell?
    We don't know if it was a spell, or if he infused the hammer with a spell. Big difference. He's not a Paladin though.

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't know if it was a spell, or if he infused the hammer with a spell. Big difference. He's not a Paladin though.
    what? he clearly casted a spell

- - - Updated - - -

and the only weapon near him was shalamayne.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what? he clearly casted a spell

- - - Updated - - -

and the only weapon near him was shalamayne.
    Fair enough, I only watched the animated version, where the scene looked somewhat different due to the pictures not being directly next to each other. He clearly summons a hammer to smite the Dreadlord with. I stand corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really hope that the ending is not exactly true.

A huge timeskip? Old Anduin? That means a lot of player characters are dead. Not all, but a lot.

Unless it's all a trick and something happens to Anduin that makes him older (a la Khadgar), I'm going to be really upset. We should be fighting this 'shadow' alongside Anduin.
    Last edited by Sfinna; 2016-07-22 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    and here I hoped for this bastard to die. well, cheap idealism strikes again.

This gave me goosebumps. It's awesome.

Deleted
    I bet Sargeras will be defeated and the Legion becomes one with Void. At least the original demon races.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Duuuuuuuuuuudes!!!
    His throne is in the EXODAR!!! Do you know what it meaaaaaaaaans?
    1/ Stormwind is destroyed
    2/ Azeroth is destroyed
    3/ Azeroth is occupied by Legion

That last page is awesome.
    Or they used the Exodar to travel to Argus, bc y'know, it can do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Lothar wasn't High King. Lothar also wasn't leader of a nation. Lothar also wasn't handed the position because of who his daddy was. He also didn't keep the position for more than 1 war.

There's a lot of differences between what Lothar was and High King.
    Actually, Lothar was the Regent of Stormwind during the Second War. And "his daddy" (his ancestors) is one of the reasons why he was picked as Supreme Commander in the first place, in order to get the alliance with the High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Btw, is Anduin a Priest/Warrior/Paladin hybrid now?
    That hybrid is called "Paladin".

I see people acting like the last page is a vision and visions are not always true. BUT. If you read closely, the last page of the comic is not a flashforward, but rather the whole comic except the first panel and the last page is a flashback.

First look at how comic begins, in the first panel:

This figure looks like Anduin colored with shades of purple and pink -- which means he might be in Exodar.

Then the comic immadiately cuts to narration.

"Again we go to war, again heroes die. So many times we have faced unrelenting evil. Yet each victory, brought with blood and sacrifice, has only led to more horrors. Can we ever find true peace? Lasting peace? We can. I've not forgotten your final words, father. I've carried them since the day I became king."

As you can guess, this is Anduin here and his thoughts. But which one? Is it the young Legion Anduin or Exodar Old Anduin? Analyze the bold parts.

I've not forgotten your final words -- This sentence here. If this was present day Anduin, he would say "I am not going to forget your final words." Because he is newly informed with the catastrophic event on Broken Shore and taken the letter. You wouldn't say "I haven't forgotten" if the thing you are talking about occured 2-3 days ago.

I've carried them since the day I became king. -- Again, if he became king like 2-3 days ago, he wouldn't think like this. Which means a lotta time should pass.

Comic cuts to the next page and "Stormwind - Present Day" text appears. From now on we see present day Anduin's narration until the last page. Where we see a peak of future -- or the REAL present day perhaps?

Maybe this is just the prot paladin in me, but I'd swear the hammer is what your weapon turns into during Seraphim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, Lothar was the Regent of Stormwind during the Second War. And "his daddy" (his ancestors) is one of the reasons why he was picked as Supreme Commander in the first place, in order to get the alliance with the High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

That hybrid is called "Paladin".
    As I understand it, priests and paladins are distinctly different. A priest is someone that draws on the Light to cast their spells. A paladin is a person that's literally been infused with holy energy so they become like a living battery. I guess there's no reason why a paladin couldn't use Shalamayne, but last I checked Anduin was a priest and I swear to God he used a paladin spell, Seraphim, to kill that dreadlord, but I don't remember him ever undergoing the ceremony to become a paladin.

So I somehow survived a year of MMO champion without spoilers, only to read about the King dieing a month before release in an official comic. Thanks blizzard!
    The comic was nice though. I dont really like the prophecy/chosenone/future stuff - I kinda prefer not knowing what happens, but Anduin incinerating a dreadlord was worth it
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."