Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Spiked collar = spiked collar in fairness.
    Yes, I agree. It's an understandable mistake, but you have to account for people just not using the words right sometimes on this forum.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think the analogy ran away with you there, that's why you two are having this fight. You wanted the hipocrisy pointed out and he thinks you're endorsing the dependance on Russian imports. Or something like that... you two should kiss and make up. :P
    I could go on and make a very lengthy explanation, what was actually the cause which lead to the almost 100% dependence on Russian energy imports.
    But this would be for naught I suppose.

But the problem is, that although regarding the energy trade of Russia and other EU member states, the Baltic countries are paying (due to political disputes) the highest acquisition prices.
    Still the acquisition prices of the natural gas from Russia <<< other sources.
    Ergo the almost 100% dependency on Russian energy imports.

Now to circumvent this "problem", Lithuania built a LPG terminal in Klaipeda to import liquid gas from other sources. Named: USA / Norway a.o.
    Problem is, the gas from Norway is ~20% more expensive, than the Russian gas. The USA also has great interest to export LPG to Lithuania and the Baltics. But I can already predict, that the prices will be in the range of the Norwegian offer.

Now, why should Lithuania or other Baltic countries lessen their dependency on Russian gas, if the other options are definitely more expensive?
    To create a political incentive would be one option to open this market, wouldn't it?

In short the Americans are very interested in the Energy market in Europe and to take away the shares from Russia.

Is this economical conflict useful for many of the people in the Baltic countries, who spend 30-40% of their monthly budget for the heating bill during the winter months?

I have my own business. And normally I follow the rule, that I only change the supplier, if he's able to undercut my current supplier, while providing the same or better quality of service / goods.
    If not, I stick to my current supplier.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always the same Skroe. Back to ignore you go.
    He has certainly the ability to draw out the worst of everyone.
    For me he's like a red rag to a bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We won the Cold War, the Soviets are all gone and we're still here. Vietnam was part of the Cold War as is Cuba, we get along with Vietnam and Cuba very well at the moment with Vietnam allowing us the use of their port for our navy.
    As Vietnam does for Russians too, mind you (we got refuelling base there for our bombers)...

If Russia invades Estonia or Poland it's war, nukes and all that.
    That is what Poland and Estonia loves to hear; it's not given that it is what is going to actually happen if it ever comes to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We won the Cold War, the Soviets are all gone and we're still here.
    and this had fuck all to do with the fuck up that was Cuba, the shoddy work of Vietnam, and the baltics cannot be defended.
    in much the same way the way the west cannot win in ukraine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    and this had fuck all to do with the fuck up that was Cuba, the shoddy work of Vietnam, and the baltics cannot be defended.
    in much the same way the way the west cannot win in ukraine.
    So why again our NATO membership? ... My opinion, to serve as long as possible as political buffer zone and pawn in the games of political power-shift. Only to be discarded the very moment, when push comes to shove.
    The NATO membership of the Baltic countries was an epic failure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Ben RHodes, Obama's spin doctor and foreign policy nuttter. Ex-Science Fiction writer. Also believes crazy crap. We can thank him for not giving Ukraine lethal arms, letting Assad waltz over the red line, and foot dragging a response to China's south china sea hi-jinks for about 5 years. We can thank him for an Iran deal (which I agreed with) that has terms far too easy on Iran (that I do not).
    Giving Ukraine lethal weapons would have been monumentally stupid.
    First off, there is no way the US, the EU, or the west can win, in Ukraine - Think off it as the Cuba Crisis - there simply is no scenario under which the Russian federation will accept a loss here, just as the US sold out Europe to get rid of some Nukes in Cuba.
    You know one thing that never happened in Afghanistan or Iraq? There were never any Russian weapons shipped in - Whatever you hope to gain from lethal weaponry in Ukraine would be repaid tenfold.
    The red line was stupid, but the stupidity was making the red line, taking the off ramp might at least have been the better option (because collapsing the Syrian army would have surely not created a new Libya but worse).
    As for the Iran deal, stop overvaluing the US contribution here, with an intransigent Iran, and a EU that was tired of you, the deal was the best that could be had.
    The US has undoubtedly done stupid shit the last 8 (16) years, but it doesn't alter the fact that the US world order is on the decline - Without the soviet Union, the west is not united (as before) - altering your foreign policy expectations might be required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    In theory, Europa by itself should be enough to defend itself.
    Atleast the U.S should make it clear it won't defend all member states(by leaving), so the remaining states can properly prepare themselves(increase in defence budget, build more nukes etc..)

I see you did not reply to the question asked.
    I could, easily. It takes roughly 30 seconds to google the data for all three countries.

It`s irrelevant. You don`t get it. If your argument had any merit to it, you`d think we here would consider it - spoiler alert : no one does.
    Non-argument

Enjoy your vacation.

You want to do what to who now?
    You said it yourself, you want a spiked collar isnt that correct? US just gave you one. Be proud of yourself.
    Bad analogy on my part - barbed wire would have been more appropiriate. One that we chose to wear on and one whos properties we also get to choose.

By the way, Americans won`t be leading the deployed units in the Baltics. They`ll be running the show in Poland, in Baltics it`s multinational (Canada, Germany, US and Poland as well).

Deleted
    Oh lol, Skroe wants ww3, and to 'purge' the republican party, his answer is to use a sledgehammer to everything he thinks doesn't bend to what he wants reality to be. This is not some computer game where you can just logg off, Skroe, get real..

The irony is that he wants a republican party that values things as "compromise" when Skroe is the mirror opposite of the word.
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2016-07-22 at 07:59 PM.