Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean that was once again headcanon from Aqua and company that N'zoth was behind it. It was never even mentioned that it was him.

On topic, this also pretty much ensures that his little handmaiden didn't get empowered to the degree that people keep claiming. Only the transformation saved her from drowning and/or becoming a wretched with all the magic she used.
    ...I'm sure I'm opening up Pandora's box with you here, but there are statements directly stating he is/was involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d343AvMF4yA&t=5m54s
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20073614/
    And the Ultimate Visual Guide.

Also no, there's no suggestion about Azshara's actual power in what it says.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-21 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claritycraft View Post
    Has the hidden shadow priest artifact skin been found yet? If not I wonder if some of those Xal'atath voice lines have anything to do with finding it, considering it's called "Claw of N'zoth"
    I completely forgot about this, and I'd have to agree with you on it.

Thanks for bringing it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    not this again, they are dead.
    y'shaarj, yog and c'thun are dead, gone, lived their lifes.
    how many times do we have to go through this?
    as long as there is conflict for high elf's to be playable nor not
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ny'alotha would make a perfect substitute for Thal'Dranath.

I think I heard Xal talk about something along the lines of "shes hides her desire for power well behind a mask of suffering" that was heavily paraphrased but it immediately got me thinking of one person. Jaina Proudmoore. Jaina ever since wotlk has been rising in power and authority and was the sole wielder of faction power gained from the Isle of Thunder (her supercharged staff vs the horde getting blood anema golems). Do we already know who the dagger was mentioning or is it still a mystery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of delicious tid-bits here for sure. Gonna need to listen a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I think I heard Xal talk about something along the lines of "shes hides her desire for power well behind a mask of suffering" that was heavily paraphrased but it immediately got me thinking of one person. Jaina Proudmoore. Jaina ever since wotlk has been rising in power and authority and was the sole wielder of faction power gained from the Isle of Thunder (her supercharged staff vs the horde getting blood anema golems). Do we already know who the dagger was mentioning or is it still a mystery?
    She's been building her power but nothing we've seen has shown that she's coveting power. Unless they just decide to randomly retcon her as some power hungry psychopath. Also just realized that Jaina leaves Dalaran before anybody gets their artifact, so it literally cannot be her unless Blizzard is hiding a random Jaina appearance in 7.0 post-intro.

I actually think it's talking about Sylvanas. Sylvanas has actively tried to garner more and more power for her and the Forsaken, including stealing land and power from other people. She's also suffered pretty hardcore.

There aren't many female characters that are prominent in Legion that would fit this bill.

So it basically has be Sylvanas. I guess Tyrande could technically count with Malfurion being captured in the Val'sharah story, or even maybe Maiev, but Sylvanas seems more likely based on her motivations in Legion and her backstory.

Other than that we have who? Mayla Highmountain? She suffered loss but isn't really lusting for power. Lorna Crowley? Nope. Dread Rider Cullen? Naw. Ysera is already dead by the end of Val'sharah.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-21 at 07:31 AM.

The strange and disturbing thing is...her voice sounds like the voice of Cydaea (Maiden of Lust) from Diablo 3. It will be a strange experience to listen to her and have Cydaea's image in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She's been building her power but nothing we've seen has shown that she's coveting power. Unless they just decide to randomly retcon her as some power hungry psychopath. Also just realized that Jaina leaves Dalaran before anybody gets their artifact, so it literally cannot be her unless Blizzard is hiding a random Jaina appearance in 7.0 post-intro.

I actually think it's talking about Sylvanas. Sylvanas has actively tried to garner more and more power for her and the Forsaken, including stealing land and power from other people. She's also suffered pretty hardcore.

There aren't many female characters that are prominent in Legion that would fit this bill.

So it basically has be Sylvanas. I guess Tyrande could technically count with Malfurion being captured in the Val'sharah story, or even maybe Maiev, but Sylvanas seems more likely based on her motivations in Legion and her backstory.

Other than that we have who? Mayla Highmountain? She suffered loss but isn't really lusting for power. Lorna Crowley? Nope. Dread Rider Cullen? Naw. Ysera is already dead by the end of Val'sharah.
    Sylv was my second choice, but I saw her thirst for power as being a lot more obvious. I mean I think everyone can agree she is power hungry even the blood elves (her former kin) are wary of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    The full dialogue you're talking about is this.
    "When do you think she turned? Centuries ago? She hides her hunger for power behind a cloak of suffering and righteousness."
    I'm thinking either Elisande or Maiev, I can't think who else it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    The strange and disturbing thing is...her voice sounds like the voice of Cydaea (Maiden of Lust) from Diablo 3. It will be a strange experience to listen to her and have Cydaea's image in my mind
    Cydaea sounds like morgana from dragonage
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Snip
    It would fit very well especially with the little Valkyr snippets from Silverpine during cata.

But I personally believe it is Elisande and her desire to stay in power, while saying she does everything for her people and how much it hurts her to do this to them in order to ensure their survival.

Well this just hyped me to play my Spriest. Love when the Legion gets trumped by the Old Gods and it seems like where ever they're digging, they're gonna reach N'zoth.

Also I'm thinking she just confirmed naru's were originally Old Gods.

Leaning more towards Sylvanas as well. While Jaina has gained power, she hasn't been actively seeking it or using it aside from on the Isle of Thunder.

Sylvanas on the other hand uses her tragedy, and the tragedy of what happened to the denizens of Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, as a means of personal power. She's built an army, actively seeking power and trying to grow stronger, and full well intends on using it all while playing the victim card and manipulating her followers. And now with Legion, she's basically risen to Warchief status.

Granted, she's a much more interesting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Granted, she's a much more interesting character.
    Uh huh, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I...I like this blade...if she was a old god I would've enjoyed being a cultist. Also seems oddly calm to be a servant instead master.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not Jaina, cause it ask when was she turned (10000 years ago? Jaina is not that old) i think they are actually talking about Maiev, why? Cause Illidan have always been seen as a power hungry character, and in Illidan book, they repeat (a lot) that Maiev and Illidan are way too alike

Note: Righteousness is not something that goes with Sylvanas, also the dagger also says that Illidan shrouds its ideals into a mask of Righteousness (and Maiev also points out that she works for a righteous cause)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    I...I like this blade...if she was a old god I would've enjoyed being a cultist. Also seems oddly calm to be a servant instead master.
    She sounds like a corrupted Naaru, like M'uru, why? cause she talks about the others as their "misguided brothers and sisters"

- - - Updated - - -

BTW does anyone know what were Loken final words to Odin?
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2016-07-22 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Had a brain fart and forgot the name of the Naaru (fixed)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    True death is something that only mortals really get to experience, Yogg'Saron still pesters Ulduar's defenses from within (even if the titan constructs are keeping a close eye on everything to curtail any bad shit from happening).

Yasheraj was utterly annihilated by the titans themselves.. yet could still affect the world for millenia, and was later on resurrected.

C'thun's flesh form was brought back by Cho'gall in that comic.

It's an extremely common thing about lovecraftian entities to simply disregard regular conceptions of death.
    waq maq oou ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn.

Or rather,

"They do not die, they do not live, they are outside the cycle."

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Ny'alotha would make a perfect substitute for Thal'Dranath.
    No it wouldn't! That would be a great max level zone like Suramar in the next expansion! I want my N'zoth + Azshara + Naga expansion
    Could also throw in some trolls, raids involving them are usually awesome

Welp...this is good reason enough for me to play a Shadow Priest.