Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what is the point of farming PvP gear at all?

Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    So it's basicly worth no time farming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

A slight edge in stats. I'm curious how much of a big deal it'll be. Like, if I have some 705s in the 90-99 bracket, that should still provide a big boost. With the new system, it would seem to be less of a big deal. At 110, as much as they'd not want to admit it, a fully decked out raider should still wreck a new ding.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    A slight edge in stats. I'm curious how much of a big deal it'll be. Like, if I have some 705s in the 90-99 bracket, that should still provide a big boost. With the new system, it would seem to be less of a big deal. At 110, as much as they'd not want to admit it, a fully decked out raider should still wreck a new ding.
    A Mythic equipped raider will not be that much stronger than a new ding. Neither will have their honor talents unlocked, and most of the edge would simply be from the artifact weapon. Even then, the difference in stats in very small. Roughly 5% or so difference, as opposed to the 80% difference in WoD between a fresh 100 and Conquest geared PvPer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    A Mythic equipped raider will not be that much stronger than a new ding. Neither will have their honor talents unlocked, and most of the edge would simply be from the artifact weapon. Even then, the difference in stats in very small. Roughly 5% or so difference, as opposed to the 80% difference in WoD between a fresh 100 and Conquest geared PvPer.
    I really don't see the point of farming any gear then, if they scaling everything upwards anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I really don't see the point of farming any gear then, if they scaling everything upwards anyways.
    Nothing is really scaled. There is a minimum Template that everyone starts with in PvP. Every increase of 1 point in your overall ilvl increases your template stats by .10% (10 ilvls = 1%). You will be farming PvP gear anyways as you are grinding your honor points to unlock the honor talents.

Easy fix, don't do it. For the current gear in game it is really just all xmog gear now. Moving forward in Legion your gear will impact your characters strength, but only slightly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    go ahead and wear crap gear in world pvp. let someone kite you near a mob and laugh as the mob kills you. getting the pvp gear also helps with outdoor content.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Easy fix, don't do it. For the current gear in game it is really just all xmog gear now. Moving forward in Legion your gear will impact your characters strength, but only slightly.
    Talking about dumping the game down even more lol

Not sure how you got there. Maybe you should look up the changes to pvp before you make off handed assumptions.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So you can do raids obviously. Just like in WoD.

Pretty sure it's a way for PvP'ers to get gear that can be used universally, instead of having them do any PvE content

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the opposite. Your personal ability will matter more in PvP now than how much time you sunk into grinding. This is pretty much what PvPers consider the holy grail of game design.

Simply put, it doesn't matter if you get your gear from PvE or PvP in Legion, you'll still want to get it for small % increases in PvP, but it's not mandatory to be competitive at least in random BGs and lower to mid-range arena.

More like a complete opposite..

Please explain how greatly leveling the playing field in PvP is dumbing down the game. The fact that previously well-geared people could stomp undergeared players with their eyes closed was, quite frankly, a stupid system. Last time I checked, making skill a far more important factor than ever before, is the exact opposite of "dumbing down".

I mean your objective is just to whine and wax hyperbole, as with your entire post history, so obviously you are never going to accept that you are wrong that it's pointless to farm pvp gear.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You now farm gear for PVP in raids. Welcome to Legion.

Don't, just pvp for you know, fun?

Quote Originally Posted by slev36 View Post
    Don't, just pvp for you know, fun?
    First rule of PvP "FUN": It's only fun if you're the FOTM class.

Second rule of PvP "FUN": The classes are only balanced if yours is the OP one.

Third rule of PvP "FUN": refer to rule #1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's the opposite. Your personal ability will matter more in PvP now than how much time you sunk into grinding. This is pretty much what PvPers consider the holy grail of game design.

Simply put, it doesn't matter if you get your gear from PvE or PvP in Legion, you'll still want to get it for small % increases in PvP, but it's not mandatory to be competitive at least in random BGs and lower to mid-range arena.
    Such system doesnt work for MMORPG game. WoW isnt compettive game. It is RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Nothing is really scaled. There is a minimum Template that everyone starts with in PvP. Every increase of 1 point in your overall ilvl increases your template stats by .10% (10 ilvls = 1%). You will be farming PvP gear anyways as you are grinding your honor points to unlock the honor talents.
    I don't think WoD PVP Gear works, when I tried it on the PTR at least I didn't notice any kind of stat boost when switching between 710 PVE and 710 PVP gear which should be counted as 740 gear in battlegrounds.