Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they said they were going to investigate reports before silencing someone. I guess it isn't the first time Blizzard lied. I like the idea of the system but if people are going to be abusing it then they either need to get rid of it or actually look at the reports.

I'm wondering. Can someone get silenced by not even saying anything at all? What if some douchebag (which there are a lot of in WoW) decides to report you for no reason other than to be a douchebag and you didn't even say anything?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-21 at 05:43 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

As a Trump supporter who is disgusted by people throwing around the words "fascism" and "racism", I stand no chance at not being muted.

I got silenced on 12 characters. I don't why the fuck that shit would happen....... Dumb motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I got silenced on 12 characters. I don't why the fuck that shit would happen....... Dumb motherfuckers.
    Ya I am sure we are getting the full story from you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I never speak in public chat or make groups, so it'd be pretty bizarre if I were somehow silenced.

Deleted
    Well its time to use cyrlic i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I told someone to kill themselves and got silenced.

THE INJUSTICE.
    Sounds like you got EXACTLY what you deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Your problem is that you are using "can / can not be abused" as a binary criteria. Obviously, if you use things in a dumb way, you don't get much out of them. The problem with this automatic silence is that it is abused easily.
    Is it any worse than any other automated system in that respect?

Blizzard obviously isn't going to pay hundreds of people to sit around vetting all ingame chat 24/7. So it has to be automated to some extent. The old system was too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I am sure we are getting the full story from you.
    I dunno, I think that one line says it all really :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    As a Trump supporter who is disgusted by people throwing around the words "fascism" and "racism", I stand no chance at not being muted.
    Sure you do. Control yourself. You know, like an adult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I kinda hate him...

Not sure what he expected. He knew what would happen... asking people to report him why wouldn't he get silenced?
    Well I mean like, I mean you can hate him of course - but I'm saying that we all knew it wasn't going to be ACTUALLY looked at, we knew it was going to be automated - but when he proved it pretty quickly - spread like wild fire. Pretty sure even right now Blizzards still sitting on the silence, so everyone out there better be on their best fucking behavior - lol (this is why silence is a bad thing.. at least in the USA.. I know a lot of countries out in the world LOOOOVE to suppress freedom of speech, and pretty much "Silence" is taking away freedom of speech, and putting the hands of peoples accounts literally in 5 year old babies hands).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is it any worse than any other automated system in that respect?

Blizzard obviously isn't going to pay hundreds of people to sit around vetting all ingame chat 24/7. So it has to be automated to some extent. The old system was too.
    (I don't know, is this a lowball?)

Yes, it is worse than many other automated systems. An automated system that filters your chat and removes messages from folks you ignore has far less potential for abuse, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    If this stupid mechanic is not removed within a week people will just stop using any public chats and WoW will become even more of a single-player RPG.
    Doubtful. If the choice really came down to people sticking with a game that might really enjoy vs not being purposefully 'inflammatory' I feel they will stick with their enjoyed hobby.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    Why you would discuss politics with random yahoos in trade chat is beyond me. You will not get any sort of meaningful discussion, all you will do is spam your points and ideology where lots of people can hear you so you feel validated. Nothing but mental masturbation. And I don't care which "side" you're on, I'm not even American.

Deleted
    I love the silent ban!!! It's great content. Silencebanning the F out of everyone who i don't like. Me and my guildies are having a blast.

Deleted
    hah. Good to see this in action to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of mob justice, but I typically don't say shit in general or trade anyway. There's a language filter for a reason. Stop being a bitch imho... These outdated TOS rules need to be reworked. No rational adult really cares about naughty language and very likely any teens playing this game swear like sailors anyway.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.
    Highly unlikely. Hard to prove or punish somebody for something they think is offensive, but others may not.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I don't like the idea of mob justice, but I typically don't say shit in general or trade anyway. There's a language filter for a reason. Stop being a bitch imho... These outdated TOS rules need to be reworked. No rational adult really cares about naughty language and very likely any teens playing this game swear like sailors anyway.
    Asking waaaaaaay too much from today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (I don't know, is this a lowball?)

Yes, it is worse than many other automated systems. An automated system that filters your chat and removes messages from folks you ignore has far less potential for abuse, for example.
    I'm talking about the old system whereby if someone got enough people reporting them they'd be globally squelched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think it's disingenuous at best. They aren't going to do anything about actual toxic actions, only speech. That tells me they don't really care about their player base, just the public perception that they are "doing something". They were sure to keep their money grub on by not banning folks, just silencing them. Which is a pretty good indication of where their true concern for the player actual lies. There is no reason to think it won't be completely automated and the only review that will occur is when someone actually disputes the punishment. I certainly don't believe each report will be evaluated. Especially since they completely lied about the same type of system in another one of their games.
    This is what I said in a thread about this tool before the patch. Good to see Blizzard living up to their normal standards by not being honest once again.