Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else annoyed that unit nameplates no longer have the name above it?

It's really fucking annoying, now I have to mouse over or click a mob to see what it is. Really not ideal for dungeons and raids where you have to take out healers or high dmg mobs asap. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Epsynus View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/g3ZAZ
    You should learn to check settings mate, before you start whining like a 2 year old.
    But complaining before doing any research is way more fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should learn to check settings mate, before you start whining like a 2 year old.
    a 278 poster telling a 1993 poster how to play the game... am i the only one who allmost spat out their drink seeing this :P

its allmost as good as those who cry the camera is so zoomed in and ther new max is horrible, without actuallty going to the slider, and setting it to max
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It is Rob's MO. Over react and and spend more time making threads then addressing the issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a 278 poster telling a 1993 poster how to play the game... am i the only one who allmost spat out their drink seeing this :P

its allmost as good as those who cry the camera is so zoomed in and ther new max is horrible, without actuallty going to the slider, and setting it to max
    Almost as good as those people who tell others to max the slider after they already have and still dislike the zoom.

Even when I have that checked, lots of enemy nameplates don't show up, or only half of them do. And no, I'm talking normal mobs, not tiny little adds or anything.

I adjusted it in settings. But the nameplates still arent as clear as they used to be. Perhaps its the font, but its harder to read.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more annoyed that I didn't know they'd be putting in new nameplates, so I guess I must blame myself?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

You should learn to fully understand an issue before making yourself look like an idiot. The only way to get names to show up on *all* enemy name plates as opposed to just the one you have targeted is to turn on "All NPCs" option in the dropdown. The "Hostile" option only puts names on hostile targets that you are targeting, not everything.

This looks stupid, and there should be a way to put names on all hostile enemy nameplates regardless of your target selection. You shouldn't have to have name highlights for everything. This also has the side effect of making it impossible to find anything you're targeting.

The OP is correct -- if you're trying to find a healer by name in a sea of nameplates, you can't do it unless you have this stupid option turned on.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-22 at 02:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Almost as good as those people who tell others to max the slider after they already have and still dislike the zoom.
    oh thats understandable, but somone said "like im using the ragnaros phoenix mount and its wings take up the whole screen" meanwhile that only happens if your at min camera, well with the full zoom out, its only a quater of the screen width

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post
    You should learn to fully understand an issue before making yourself look like an idiot. The only way to get names to show up on *all* enemy name plates as opposed to just the one you have targeted is to turn on "All NPCs" option in the dropdown. The "Hostile" option only puts names on hostile targets that you are targeting, not everything.

This looks stupid, and there should be a way to put names on all hostile enemy nameplates regardless of your target selection. You shouldn't have to have name highlights for everything. This also has the side effect of making it impossible to find anything you're targeting.

The OP is correct -- if you're trying to find a healer by name in a sea of nameplates, you can't do it unless you have this stupid option turned on.
    turn off "put names on interactable targets" that will stop your npcs from showing names...

and then simply press V to toggle enemy npc vision on or off

or Shift+V to toggle ally npv vision on or off...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-22 at 12:56 PM.

TIL the # of posts you have defines how good you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"

cool, I didn't know that the number of posts here stand in direct correlation with your gaming skIllz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    TIL the # of posts you have defines how good you are.
    no just more of a "its all we can use to gage how long a person has been around and how active they are in the community"

Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post

One person in the thread who's not a retard, better than I expected from MMOC

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-22 at 02:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    cool, I didn't know that the number of posts here stand in direct correlation with your gaming skIllz
    as i said aboce, i dident say "aww look at this 10 year vet get wrecked by this odvious guy whos been playing since mop" i was simply pointing out somone who is very active in the community, got wrecked by somone whos had a account since 2009 but has only made 200 posts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    One person in the thread who's not a retard, better than I expected from MMOC
    yet you ignore my post, explaining how hes wrong, and even that is a super simple fix... turn off "put names on interactable targets" that will stop your npcs from showing names...
    so switch yours from "hostile, quest, and interactable" to just "hostile and quest"

as i said aboce, i dident say "aww look at this 10 year vet get wrecked by this odvious guy whos been playing since mop" i was simply pointing out somone who is very active in the community, got wrecked by somone whos had a account since 2009 but has only made 200 posts

- - - Updated - - -

yet you ignore my post, explaining how hes wrong, and even that is a super simple fix... turn off "put names on interactable targets" that will stop your npcs from showing names...
    so switch yours from "hostile, quest, and interactable" to just "hostile and quest"

Except then it still doesn't show names above attackable targets that aren't hostile, like training dummies. And it shows names above friendly quest NPC's, which I also don't want.

I know some people have trouble understanding basic things, but try to use your brain.

oh thats understandable, but somone said "like im using the ragnaros phoenix mount and its wings take up the whole screen" meanwhile that only happens if your at min camera, well with the full zoom out, its only a quater of the screen width

- - - Updated - - -

turn off "put names on interactable targets" that will stop your npcs from showing names...<snip image>

No, that actually does not do anything at all. "Hostile" only means "your target", not all hostile enemies.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/hostile1.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/hostile2.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/hostile3.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/hostile4.jpg
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/hostile5.jpg

hostile3 is the only option that shows names on all hostile nameplates, not just your target.

no just more of a "its all we can use to gage how long a person has been around and how active they are in the community"
    Exactly. Everyone knows that anyone who has less posts than me is a noob, and anyone who has more posts than me is a lifeless basement dweller.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Exactly. Everyone knows that anyone who has less posts than me is a noob, and anyone who has more posts than me is a lifeless basement dweller.
    again it was a joke... but ok sure..