Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Here is hoping you can buy the goodie bag like last year, that has an amazing assortment of stuff. I collect dice and that alone makes it worth it, and the stein is great too.

Shitton of people leaving Blizzard. Wonder about the reason, either company is not happy with the team and is looking for people responsible for recent years in WoW (players is the answer) or they are not happy with recent Blizzard politics World's ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    People being so mean to Olivia (and Perculia) in these comments... Please take a moment to realize she will probably read these, and don't be so nasty. I don't even know her or follow her, but you all look like giant assholes right now. Would you say the same thing to her face? If not, you're probably going overboard about it or putting things too harshly. If so, you're probably an even bigger jerk than I thought!
    They wouldn't have the balls to say something like that to anyones face lol that's why they're on the internet saying it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    nah, the tyrande silence uproar came from perculia.
    the not pink haired wowhead chick.
    I wound up renaming one of my ship's "Tyrande's Silence" and another "Perculia's Trigger" because why not? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    They wouldn't have the balls to say something like that to anyones face lol that's why they're on the internet saying it here.
    I would definitely say my comments to her in person. She was not the person they should have hired and I've had interaction with her in the past. I've also had experience firing people of her caliber, and to let them know the truth is usually the best course of action. Unless you're a weak person who can't handle anything beyond good reviews. The world isn't wine and roses and filled with muppets who feed you lies that you're awesome at every step. If you want to eat, then be good at your job. Based on my experience with her, I hope she does read the comments and benefits from the criticism. To let a person constantly fail while telling them "good job" is cruel, because the person is going to continue to fall short and believe they are doing well. Sometimes the best medicine is a sledge hammer.

And for those wondering about defection - Customer Service roles at Blizzard are very demanding and they offer little in the way of reward. It's basically a job and not a career. Promotion is done from within, and anyone who makes it up the chain in the organization usually choose to stay. Those passed over choose to find a different situation. Blizzard is a company, they aren't the magical land of Oz.

Deleted
    Didn't even notice her since joining Blizz. Does any player actually care for "losing her contribution to WoW"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Can't wait until the last 127 or so diehard WoW fanbois are left on the last server, with pix of them in their basements still clutching their Wrath Blizzcon merch like it'll be worth something "someday"...munching a mountain of Doritos and pining for ye olde days of Ulduar....
    Exactly why cant you wait for that?

I mean

What will you gain from that exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Actually, my sub runs out on the 29th for the last time, because this pre-patch proves how shitty Legion will be and where Blizz has decided to take the game since WoD. Very obvious now that it'll never get better, only worse.

I have much better games than WoW.

Nice try though.
    He is right tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 90vyd View Post
    Didn't even notice her since joining Blizz. Does any player actually care for "losing her contribution to WoW"?
    I honestly think blizzard tried to spice up their esports scene a little bit with Lore and this girl who got some viewers because of lore.

In the end its not really esports worthy, so they fired her and lore gets to stay cus he is a general CM aswell as being able to actually bring something tangible to the table

OMG I have to fucking have that stein. I'm not going to BlizzCon but IDGAFF...

Why is Alliance side of this thing yellow not blue?
    #justblizzardthings

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, the Jaina outrage came from Olivia.

Ive had good enough experiences with her, sure her agenda gets to me sometimes, but she was a nice enough person. As someone who has worked with the ANZ Esports team, Blizzard are really trying to push that scene, but WoW will NEVER be an esport. She was mostly involved with WoW so it was a job that didnt really have much security I wouldnt have thought.

She also moved from the UK to the US for the job, so thats a little disappointing for her, hopefully her next role is something worth the move.

A lot of the tournaments WoW has had have been on the back of her and Lore's work. So for those wondering, that has been her contribution. Theyve been pushing more and more supported events.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-07-22 at 10:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Jaina outrage came from Olivia.
    Although I am not quite sure what you mean with how she caused the outrage, she did write one thing that I agreed on about Jaina:

'K if I could write WoW lore... Jaina gets tired of Alliance being boring, kills Varian, takes his throne, declares war on the Horde.'

Honestly, I didn't like the idea of her killing Varian as I found Varian likable, but with the current way (Legion) and the Alliance "update", I do think that this would be the most interesting turn they could take. If they also give the Alliance Gilneas, the Horde Zul'Gurub and just let World PvP return with these changes, I honestly believe that this would really reignite some excitement in the game.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The horde symbol is red in game and the alliance lion is gold in game, whats the problem there?
    You think neon yellow is gold? And if you haven't figured out yet that the color for Alliance is blue, then you will never get what's wrong with it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people leaving Blizz recently... guessing Legion isn't going to live up to the hype and the axes are already falling

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    She accomplished nothing while she was at Blizzard, and her Twitter feed was impossible to follow because she was using it for both personal and Blizzard announcements, often sharing her own polarizing opinions.
    Does she not have two twitter accounts? i thought one was personal and one professional:

@Oliviadgrace
    @perculia

tbh its hard to tell which is which as she posts personal and gaming stuff on both!

EDIT: my bad this is @perculia :

and this is @Oliviadgrace:

I honestly thought they where the same person !!!
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2016-07-22 at 12:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    ive been wondering that myself. seems like a lot of people, some higher ups and more public figures as well, seem to be leaving blizz enmasse. makes me wonder whats going on internally. will teh game improve or suffer for it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    ive been wondering that myself. seems like a lot of people, some higher ups and more public figures as well, seem to be leaving blizz enmasse. makes me wonder whats going on internally. will teh game improve or suffer for it.
    really nothing, all the ppl leaving blizzard at the moment are CM that have literally 0 chance of promotions, if you keep track from the one that have leave, most of then move away from gaming, some are writing novels, while other are working on personal stuffs.

Is a job. Literrally internet just used this to make it bigger that it is, bc the "doomsayers" been preaching the end of wrold since Burning Crusade came out. So this ppl leaving is like wood for the fire. (more like chips for the sparkle, but you get the picture)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Lots of people leaving Blizz recently... guessing Legion isn't going to live up to the hype and the axes are already falling
    learn who is leaving and you shouldnt worries, only CM are leaving. That is normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    really nothing, all the ppl leaving blizzard at the moment are CM that have literally 0 chance of promotions, if you keep track from the one that have leave, most of then move away from gaming, some are writing novels, while other are working on personal stuffs.

Is a job. Literrally internet just used this to make it bigger that it is, bc the "doomsayers" been preaching the end of wrold since Burning Crusade came out. So this ppl leaving is like wood for the fire. (more like chips for the sparkle, but you get the picture)

- - - Updated - - -

learn who is leaving and you shouldnt worries, only CM are leaving. That is normal.
    honestly didnt know . i dont folow stramers or twitter i just like to play my game and all i been seeing are blizz people taking off. so it was a passing wionder really. making sure game designers arent bailing lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    honestly didnt know . i dont folow stramers or twitter i just like to play my game and all i been seeing are blizz people taking off. so it was a passing wionder really. making sure game designers arent bailing lol
    nha Blizzard designers arent bailing, right now as a gaming company blizzard is in a really sweet spot with Overwatch, Legion, Hearthstone and HotS.

Even if ppl claim Legion is the worst expansion ever (remember that normally ppl come to internet to bitch) WoW still is one of the biggest mmo on the market at the moment (and i mean number of users)

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    You think neon yellow is gold? And if you haven't figured out yet that the color for Alliance is blue, then you will never get what's wrong with it.

The color of our symbol is gold and can be substituted for yellow, it looks good. I think the lion being blue would look stupid. It's not "our colour" the colour of our clothes for the alliance is gold/yellow on blue but the colour of our symbol is gold/yellow. It's pretty dumb to argue, if you don't like I get it but it's our "canonical" colours.