10+ Year Old Account

Legion looting: Need/greed and item trading

Due to Master Looter changed to Guild Master Looter (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747394750) and groups with less than 80% of people from guild forced to use PL/Need-Greed/FFA I do have a question.

Can you still trade the items (if anyone has tried) what you won by needing (in the Need-Greed based looting system) to anyone you like or will the same logic apply as trading PL items (those you can trade if it's not a direct ilvl upgrade to you)?

Deleted
    That's unlikely because it would be frontline news and it never was.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Due to Master Looter changed to Guild Master Looter (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747394750) and groups with less than 80% of people from guild forced to use PL/Need-Greed/FFA I do have a question.

Can you still trade the items (if anyone has tried) what you won by needing (in the Need-Greed based looting system) to anyone you like or will the same logic apply as trading PL items (those you can trade if it's not a direct ilvl upgrade to you)?
    You can still trade items you won by needing in N-G (AFAIK). They will be soulbound.

You can trade PL items that are of equal or lower ilevel when they are of lower or equal ilvl of other items that you have for that slot. Not sure how DW weapons/rings/trinkets work, whether it's >= the lowest ilvl you have or >= the highest.

If you're in a raid group that you are chill with then go ahead and use N-G if you want. It will be faster than ML anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought as much Normie, that's at least good.

I do know that N-G is way faster then ML, specially in a regular none-PUG cross-realm group, but you know... there is always one person who tends to win all of the loot rolls cause RNG and then end up quitting cause game got boring :P.

Hopefully the adjust the loot system for Legion lunch to accommodate to more then just PUGs and guilds, if not then I'll see how the loot will work out once we start raiding.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-07-21 at 12:23 PM.

In other words,

Guildies can still band together and need on items then pass them around. Hope that isn't the case.. but even if it is.. I don run that crap at any rate. It's akin to:

"Hey, we don't have enough people to run a raid/dungeon so want you to come along and spend your playtime helping us. Of course we want to keep all the upgrades if possible because we really don't see why you should get gear just for being nice."

Deleted
    I still don't get why they'd do this. In the end it's just going to end up forcing people to user personal loot in pugs which is meh. At least it's gonna give me a reason to do raids and then sell the items i get and don't need. Hooray for gold!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree Maudlib that there are groups like that out there and people will still abuse the "new and improved" PUG loot system to benefit themselves and their friends.

Simple SK was the best option for my group, got us through without qq the entire WoD raid tiers. Was hoping to continue the same way in Legion, specially that all of my regulars will be making a return once we start raiding again. But can be achieved with Need-Greed as well, makes things bit more complex.

Guess if the system stays as it is now with the loot-option restriction something else have to be worked out, specially with super lucky people.

But as I run a some form of a democracy in giving people a choice when we are placed into a situation where there are not much good options then majority vote counts. Though I doubt that people opinion on PL since this tier will/has changed - that it sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Guildies can still band together and need on items then pass them around.
    Luckily for the people who are raiding with me, I don't tolerate BS like that, even if I am forced to take a complete stranger along. And most if not all of the guildies see that cross-realm regular members are more less equals to them in "rank" wise.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    I still don't get why they'd do this. In the end it's just going to end up forcing people to user personal loot in pugs which is meh. At least it's gonna give me a reason to do raids and then sell the items i get and don't need. Hooray for gold!
    See... I don't understand this. Now that I can trade a PL item... I'd rather give it to someone than vendor it for 40g. I'll do a /r Anyone need <link>?

I'll inspect them to make sure they aren't just vendoring it themselves and hand it over. I like PL... It gets boring sometimes to only see gold pop up... but I still get loot as much or MORE than before and I don't have to worry about what other people get.

Deleted
    See... I don't understand this. Now that I can trade a PL item... I'd rather give it to someone than vendor it for 40g. I'll do a /r Anyone need <link>?

I'll inspect them to make sure they aren't just vendoring it themselves and hand it over. I like PL... It gets boring sometimes to only see gold pop up... but I still get loot as much or MORE than before and I don't have to worry about what other people get.
    It's not about getting loot as often, it's about the right people getting it. For example think of tier tokens and people who want them for WF chance only. There's also the chance of getting pieces of gear with a higher ilvl but just shitty stats which you won't be able to trade. After that there's gonna be the people like me who'll try to sell the shit they don't need because they simply can get something out of it etc. Having master loot in pugs would fix all of that as unless people want to steal things you can give loot to the proper people.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    It's not about getting loot as often, it's about the right people getting it. For example think of tier tokens and people who want them for WF chance only. There's also the chance of getting pieces of gear with a higher ilvl but just shitty stats which you won't be able to trade. After that there's gonna be the people like me who'll try to sell the shit they don't need because they simply can get something out of it etc. Having master loot in pugs would fix all of that as unless people want to steal things you can give loot to the proper people.
    Personal loot fixes all that. Someone else getting a tier piece does not change your chance to get one. People who want tier tokens also get the chance for an upgrade they want. Not trading items that rolled higher but shitty stats. If it's shitty for you it's shitty for them. But more importantly, you will find secondary stats being just that.. secondary to main stats. There is a MUCH higher difference in main stats per iLevel than secondary stat differences.

And you cannot fix greed. The fact that you are unwilling to trade something you don't need, is probably part of the reason why you want Master Looter... it's all about you. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing... just a fact.

Deleted
    Personal loot fixes all that. Someone else getting a tier piece does not change your chance to get one. People who want tier tokens also get the chance for an upgrade they want. Not trading items that rolled higher but shitty stats. If it's shitty for you it's shitty for them. But more importantly, you will find secondary stats being just that.. secondary to main stats. There is a MUCH higher difference in main stats per iLevel than secondary stat differences.

And you cannot fix greed. The fact that you are unwilling to trade something you don't need, is probably part of the reason why you want Master Looter... it's all about you. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing... just a fact.
    Don't really do pugs since they suck most of the time so i won't be affected by what happens that much. Granted i'll have some incentive to do them now as i have a chance to get a somewhat rare item and make some easy gold but other than that i'm moaning just because removing ML makes no sense. I understand that the changes to PL are good and it will make PL not as much of an issue as currently but you still can't overlook the issues it'll cause - people getting gear they don't need and being unable to trade it(rare cases now so not that much of an issue), tier pieces being even hard to get as compared to now(not a lot of people will be trading a token when they could get an upgrade), and people like me who'll try to get some money out of it where possible.

It just makes no sense to remove ML from non guild groups as it fixes the issues i mention above. For ML worst case scenario you get a guy who just ninjas an item which is fairly rare as most people will simply say that X is reserved.

Also, there's a difference between things being all about someone and noticing that there is an easy way to make money. It's not going to be "500k+ or you never see X". It's more of a "bid for X" and watch as people pay whatever they want for it. I highly doubt there'll be people who want an item and won't pay higher than what the DE mats of that item are.