Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I personally don't remember a single pre-patch where stuff got harder. I'm thinking back to pre-wrath, pre-cata, and pre-MoP. Numbers and specs a little janky, maybe, but not where stuff got significantly harder, maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Not that I'm complaining - I actually had fun on mythics for the first time in a long time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its the new specs. I got destroyed by certain opponents only, everything else was fine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    I went for 5 TWs for the quest in full guild group. Tank damage is definitely spikier, but we never wiped and only had one guy die maybe twice across all 5 dungeons, because of his own mistakes. So no, not "destroying". Bad players who didn't re-learn their class are having problems, that's expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

I'll have to check out the Timewalking dungeons today when I get off work. I do know I am worried a little bit about my Blood DK self sustainability. Monk tank is complete shit right now Hope some big changes come but don't expect them to. Pally tank is as usual, a brick shit house. Druid tank... well, has a shit ton of HP and armor but lacks self healing. I'll have to run some today on each tank to see how they feel in the current content. I know how they feel in legion dungeons but not WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did one, wiped once and it was when boss pulled adds in the room.

Things feel harder right now, but only slightly. Perhaps you've been unlucky with your groups.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

MY first timewalking (Arcatraz) went pretty bad for the first half as I got used to the new Mistweaver healing style, but my group wasn't "destroyed." After I got it mostly figured out, the 2nd half went fine. And then I just did a Black Morass where I was bored 80% of the time.

Interestingly, there was an Arcatraz run where my group indeed struggled a bit. But it was far from "being destroyed". We wiped a few times and and there were a few close calls. Isn't that how a game should feel like in the first place?

We still more or less zerged the bosses without anyone except me (tank) paying attention to the fight mechanics, and we also didn't use any CC. That's just for perspective - you can't really call it a hard dungeon as long as it's beatable brain-afk style.

I don't know if the numbers are any different. Perhaps the incoming damage really is somewhat higher, it did feel that way at times. But I think most of it was simply people slacking a bit because they're still adapting to all the class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    Yeah, I personally don't remember a single pre-patch where stuff got harder. I'm thinking back to pre-wrath, pre-cata, and pre-MoP. Numbers and specs a little janky, maybe, but not where stuff got significantly harder, maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Not that I'm complaining - I actually had fun on mythics for the first time in a long time.
    Well all the other prepatches were balanced around a max level with one additional talent row or ability. So you still had basically your entire toolkit(updated), and then you were likely overgeared for the content that just got nerfed.

This time we are balanced around basically having an entire new talent tree (old school style) that we don't have access too yet. No one has their entire toolkit, and for some classes that includes MAJOR CD's and abilities. Like Mistweavers right now...have to talent Chi-Ji just to have one major "raid" CD right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    I'll have to check out the Timewalking dungeons today when I get off work. I do know I am worried a little bit about my Blood DK self sustainability. Monk tank is complete shit right now Hope some big changes come but don't expect them to. Pally tank is as usual, a brick shit house. Druid tank... well, has a shit ton of HP and armor but lacks self healing. I'll have to run some today on each tank to see how they feel in the current content. I know how they feel in legion dungeons but not WoD.
    Yeah, my Brewmaster is like "active mitigation? what is that?" The new stagger system is boring and imho not very useful. The old system was fine, it just needed some number adjustment after they removed the totally OP Guard. I just feel like I need to effuse myself a bit too often at level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    Yeah, my Brewmaster is like "active mitigation? what is that?" The new stagger system is boring and imho not very useful. The old system was fine, it just needed some number adjustment after they removed the totally OP Guard. I just feel like I need to effuse myself a bit too often at level 100.
    They completely took away any self healing from the Monk. The orbs don't spawn all that often, heal like dick. They completely gutted the Brewmaster and fucked it upside down. Used to be one of my favorite tanks and now I won't even spend a second in the spec. Pretty sad. Whoever designed the changes needs to be hung by their balls.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done Arcatraz 3 times tonight alone and have had no issues whatsoever. Granted, I queued as dps, but I didn't notice the tank/healer struggling in any of those instances.

I almost wish we did struggle. Timewalking is so unbelievably simplistic and boring as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, you used to wipe in 5 man instances. Insane, I know, right?

In all seriousness, a 200g repair bill for timewalking is a bit absurd, but not unexpected. That said, I did Mythic Iron Docks on a crap geared warrior tank BEFORE the nerfs, and the biggest problem wasn't tank survivability. It was idiots tunneling the caster on 2nd boss. >.> I had PTR ptor experience, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't recall a prepatch reducing damage and survivability ever before. On the contrary, everything has been a faceroll always after a prepatch when compared to the previous patch. So it might indeed be that you need the artifact.

But I haven't played yet, so can't say if my toons are also affected or if it's just a learn to play issue.
    I don't know why Blizzard would think tuning L100 like this is OK. It's going to stay this way, right? I don't recall a prepatch where some players took a 50% whack to DPS and tanks and healers got ALL their buttons moved and tanks lost 80% of their self-healing. The button moving thing is OK without the 50% whack thing, but the 50% whack thing is just not OK, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezs View Post
    The only problem I have had on my tank, healer and dps in both TW and M dungeons are people complaining the prepatch ruined their class. 90% of them had full PvP gear so I didnt bother discussing and just vote kicked them.
    /care
    Umm ok sure. 710 isn't enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    I had to flame hard a Druid tank I got while healing one of the timewalking dungeons because he didn't use any active mitigation at all. Didn't even use Frenzied Regen.
    You're joking, right?

They completely took away any self healing from the Monk. The orbs don't spawn all that often, heal like dick. They completely gutted the Brewmaster and fucked it upside down. Used to be one of my favorite tanks and now I won't even spend a second in the spec. Pretty sad. Whoever designed the changes needs to be hung by their balls.
    Exactly. Before the prepatch I could solo 6 or maybe 8 saberons with my ~695 BrM without even using Guard. 3 will kill me now, very slowly but inevitably. Also, leech got nerfed to fuck.

They should have invited a lot more people to the beta, and definitely a lot more casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    I had to flame hard a Druid tank I got while healing one of the timewalking dungeons because he didn't use any active mitigation at all. Didn't even use Frenzied Regen.
    Why is that a reason to 'flame hard'?

I use the LFG tool to grab myself 2 more people with BiS gear (or at least gear suitable for TWs).

TWs are still super smooth because of that.

Yeah, expel harm now requires globes that won't spawn. I hope this is just an issue without the artifact. But I probably won't find out, since I will switch to Demonhunter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    Yeah, expel harm now requires globes that won't spawn. I hope this is just an issue without the artifact. But I probably won't find out, since I will switch to Demonhunter.
    It also pissed me off that I can't use my sinister saber tmog as BM. Took me years of bad luck just to get the sinister saber on a character that could use it. The no DW change seems completely gratuitous, but I guess it's all in the name of funneling people into specific one-size-fits-all artifact weapons.

I don't understand the change to Windwalkers not able to use 2hers.... I get the artifacts are fist weapons which is fantastic and I love it but why remove the capability to use the 2her? Does that mean after Legion is done and onto the next expansion, Windwalkers will continue using dual wielding over 2h? Didn't even notice the change on Alpha/Beta but now on Live, my sick 730 staff is unusable and I am left with 655 1hers they sent me in the mail What the fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing gameplay sucks

tanking sucks

too many idiots as well doesn't help, before they got carried by welfare gear and ez mode AOE.

edit: they should just prune purge as well since nobody ever uses it properly on boss like black morass
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-07-22 at 04:45 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I don't understand the change to Windwalkers not able to use 2hers.... I get the artifacts are fist weapons which is fantastic and I love it but why remove the capability to use the 2her? Does that mean after Legion is done and onto the next expansion, Windwalkers will continue using dual wielding over 2h? Didn't even notice the change on Alpha/Beta but now on Live, my sick 730 staff is unusable and I am left with 655 1hers they sent me in the mail What the fuck.
    You only got ilvl 655 weapons? wow... At least my monk got ilvl 705 or 710.