Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    I agree, I really dont see the need of this silence thing..
    Because it is 2016 and people are easily triggered online and need their safe spaces!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I'm sure Steve from India did a thorough investigation.
    Apart from Blizzard doesn't have any customer support located there jokes aside, yay for racial stereotyping.... -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any feature that blizzard makes can be abused. thats the risk.
    There is always 2 sides to it, never go fully one sided please.
    How are some people this stupid? This wasn't the intention of their pathetic SJW "system". The intention was having human investigation to control for abuse, this clearly demonstrates (along with the asmongold) that the system is automated and creates abuse. They should just get rid of the whole thing and the crybabies who need their "safe spaces" should be told to exit the game and go back to pre-school.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2016-07-22 at 11:05 AM.

I got silenced today for helping a noob. Since on my realm people were trying to sell a guy a mount for a sum that is way way bigger than it should be. And since i intervened they all reported me for Language and now im Silenced. Thanks Blizzard. Best system for abusers.

And the best thing about all this is the fact that Blizzard doesn't care about it beeing abused. The threads on forums are deleted as fast as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDoctor View Post
    I got silenced today for helping a noob. Since on my realm people were trying to sell a guy a mount for a sum that is way way bigger than it should be. And since i intervened they all reported me for Language and now im Silenced. Thanks Blizzard. Best system for abusers.

And the best thing about all this is the fact that Blizzard doesn't care about it beeing abused. The threads on forums are deleted as fast as they can.
    I just find it amusing that people thought it wasn't going to be automated. This is Blizzard we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any feature that blizzard makes can be abused. thats the risk.
    There is always 2 sides to it, never go fully one sided please.
    You completely missed the second point. Blizzard said this wouldn't be automated and multiple 'tests' or instances like this have proved (or at least proved a high probability) that the system is automated after all.

There is usually more content after the word 'and' in a sentence. Never go fully one half of a sentence please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    They reverted the CRZ in SW? GOOD. God forbid we actually have dependable islands on our own, actual servers which won't vanish at Blizz's whim.
    It's already back as of last night. It appeared to only be turned off for a few hours. I was actually in Stormwind when they re-enabled it - we went from only having our server there to other realms slowly popping in, and within about half an hour Stormwind was packed full again.

I think they fixed a bug or two while it was turned off, though - the horrendous lag is much improved on my realm. I don't have it anymore and people aren't complaining about lag in trade chat anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

It's better to whisper people for this kind of thing. That way the bullies don't gang up on you for trying to help someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    It's already back as of last night. It appeared to only be turned off for a few hours. I was actually in Stormwind when they re-enabled it - we went from only having our server there to other realms slowly popping in, and within about half an hour Stormwind was packed full again.

I think they fixed a bug or two while it was turned off, though - the horrendous lag is much improved on my realm. I don't have it anymore and people aren't complaining about lag in trade chat anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

It's better to whisper people for this kind of thing. That way the bullies don't gang up on you for trying to help someone out.
    It shouldn't even be possible for bullies to do that kind of thing. But right now it looks like that blizzard is even encouraging such acts.

At least i know that i will never talk to anybody in this game again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've met some people who were really verbal abusive against me. How do you report people to get silenced? I can only see report for name, language or cheat. Or is that how to actually silence someone?

7+ Year Old Account
    the silence systeme is not bad in itself, but you never want to advertise implementing such a thing, especially when you have already a squelching systeme in place, they should have implemeted it and just update the ToS and call it a day, now that it's advertise people are going to abuse it cause they know it's there to be abuse, and they know who to abuse it...

Yea I hope they will eather change it so they only silence after investigation or even better REMOVE the hole thing all together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Someone writes you go kill youself and your family. You write back shut up asshole. You get reported, if the gm only sees your messages it completly twists it.
    Since when does your chat only include YOUR messages?

It includes everything you typed PLUS everything others typed that you can see.

Your chat = your perspective.

Reading others' chats would pretty much only serve the purpose of checking for hidden agendas on those who reported, but that should be rarely needed.

So 100 reports will pretty much never require the GM to read 100 chats, because those reports may be aimed at a total of 15 players, which in most cases will only require reading 15 chats.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-22 at 03:34 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

We need to bring this to blizzards attention, people who are selling runs etc will abuse this system to get rid of their competition. Its not helping anyone really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    the silence systeme is not bad in itself
    Yes it is. The silence system IS the problem and anyone could've seen this coming all along. It's the equivalent of witch burnings being institutionalized and the mob given the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    The Jaylock-Hate-Boner stays strong.
    To be fair, if one finds themselves in agreement with Jaylock one should take a step back and look at one's own standpoint. Because usually at that point you'll find you were wrong all along. He's the canary in the coal mine for WoW opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its actually one of the best systems implemented from my experience already.

I've reported at least 20-30 people in trade chat since the patch went live, and at least half of them have never sent another word in trade chat since. Works like a charm!

If we can reduce the guild recruitment spam, anal spam, left wing hillary for president bs in trade chat by this system, then I think its doing a wonderful job. People will think twice before submitting a guild recruitment ad in trade chat 2 times in a row again.
    Because they're automatically and temporarily ignored when you report them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The Silence System is actually pretty good if it is used right, but sadly the wow community likes humans like to abuse shit so this is gonna be bad unless they do something about it
    Fixed it for you.

Implementing something players can use to harass each other that is only good if it's used right is bad design at its core.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-22 at 03:39 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I've met some people who were really verbal abusive against me. How do you report people to get silenced? I can only see report for name, language or cheat. Or is that how to actually silence someone?
    Report for language or spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    This indeed a rather troubling development. I hope for a quick reaction fixing this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently he used the looking for group tool to advertise about himself.
    That tool is for finding groups, not an advertisement channel..
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

7+ Year Old Account
    how has the post count gotten so high? wasntthis resolved and nopw thye are reworking the system from what i understand to at least investigate more or faster?
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”