Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Self healing all but gone?

I've farmed gold mostly by doing cata raids and some mop raids on my 8 lvl 100's. Enchance shaman was one of the best thanks to the awesome selfhealing they had. Same with ret paladin and to some extent fury warrior. Now the only classes that actually does any decent amount of selfhealing seems to be assassination rogues with leeching poison. Am I missing something here or is selfhealing greatly nerfed?

To be clear, this is NOT a whine post. I love the new changes to all classes I play and it feels very refreshing, just a bit curious as to why they removed so much selfhealing.

Deleted
    Pretty much. Every now and then Blizzard gives in to people who demand "more pure" specializations. They greatly cut down on various self heals for classes and it causes a bunch of issues. Then they piece by piece reintroduce them before in some cases slowly going overboard and giving some classes too much. Rinse and repeat for 10 years and counting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    I've farmed gold mostly by doing cata raids and some mop raids on my 8 lvl 100's. Enchance shaman was one of the best thanks to the awesome selfhealing they had. Same with ret paladin and to some extent fury warrior. Now the only classes that actually does any decent amount of selfhealing seems to be assassination rogues with leeching poison. Am I missing something here or is selfhealing greatly nerfed?

To be clear, this is NOT a whine post. I love the new changes to all classes I play and it feels very refreshing, just a bit curious as to why they removed so much selfhealing.
    Yes they removed almost all self-healing. I can understand removing some of it, or half of it, but not almost all of it. It is not fun to play a solo tank when your DPS gets nerfed AND your self-healing gets nerfed. Remember in MoP when killing something out in the world with protadin was like tickling it to death? That sucked, a lot, but at least you didn't slowly die in the process.

And whoever at Blizzard said that healing specs will do better at leveling must have meant to say that healing specs will do much worse at leveling now. Can't everyone at least have some minimal AoE? And reasonable DPS when not healing?

My demo lock seems OK though. As I work through my characters maybe there are a couple others that aren't completely fucked.

Deleted
    I don't see why they would do this. I didn't play too much beta so I know nothing about leveling. But needing to eat and drink again between every other mob seems like a step backwards. Especially now when we get our superuber awesome artifact weapons. Cashten, wielder of Ashbringer the highblade and lord of the Silver Hand needs to stop and eat because I just killed 2 random mobs while leveling. Yeah I don't know...

They should of given every class a heal that is only usable OOC to make up for all these self healing nerfs.

Edit:By heal i mean spell, yes there is food but that is not my point. They took self healing away from those that could, they should of added what they took into a OOC heal of sorts, even make casted heals heal for X% more when OOC.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-07-23 at 07:16 PM.

My elemental felt naked with so few options, but I was still able to self heal through kazzak. Bad example, but the strip down is apparent, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't see why they would do this. I didn't play too much beta so I know nothing about leveling. But needing to eat and drink again between every other mob seems like a step backwards. Especially now when we get our superuber awesome artifact weapons. Cashten, wielder of Ashbringer the highblade and lord of the Silver Hand needs to stop and eat because I just killed 2 random mobs while leveling. Yeah I don't know...
    The idea is that Blizzard wants people grouping up to do content. This is going to be a tough pill to swallow for people, as this game has been promoting a solo playstyle outside of instanced content for many expansions now. Reducing self healing / utility is a great and easy way to ensure reliance on others.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The idea is that Blizzard wants people grouping up to do content. This is going to be a tough pill to swallow for people, as this game has been promoting a solo playstyle outside of instanced content for many expansions now. Reducing self healing / utility is a great and easy way to ensure reliance on others.
    Well as you and everyone else knows including everyone at Blizzard, if you try to force people to group, they quit playing, or at least quit trying to do things that require grouping when they didn't before.

This "WoW is a game best played with friends" thing is not the same as "WoW is a game you have to play with strangers if your friends don't play WoW."

I used to have a bunch of in-game friends, but I got tired of making new in-game friends every year or two when casual guilds got fucked and only tryhards kept playing in the game for years and years in groups. It's rare to find laid-back people who will stick with WoW for more than a year these days.

Use leech. The Kazzak trinket should be plenty for Cata raids, given the damage boost.

Deleted
    Balance druids regenerate 3% every second? With the Ysera talant that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They should of given every class a heal that is only usable OOC to make up for all these self healing nerfs.
    They have.. It's called bandages and/or food...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Balance druids regenerate 3% every second? With the Users talant that is.
    Nerfed again, or huge buff?

MoP was 5% per 5 sec.
    WoD was 4% per 5 sec.
    Legion is 3% per..... 1 or 5 sec???
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    really missing the pally heals there is still some self heals available with the one talent proc but man insta Fol wahs fun in open world and was a lifesaver in raids many times.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I'm curious why you feel Ret has less self healing than before. We lost WoG sure, but it was replaced by two possible talents that heal, one that even does good damage while it heals. In addition, Ret also now has a 1% health HoT that can be up when soloing. Flash of light heals about the same as it always did, albeit only hard cast now. LoH is still there, including a talent to reduce the CD in half, like always. Of all the complaints about new Ret, healing isn't really on our radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Well as you and everyone else knows including everyone at Blizzard, if you try to force people to group, they quit playing, or at least quit trying to do things that require grouping when they didn't before.
    The post you quoted is a bit of an exaggeration. World content is still perfectly soloable in the Legion beta, the artifacts make a huge difference from what you're seeing on live. Group content does actually require a group, though . . . tanks need healers and dps to do current things and vice versa, as is appropriate. The world content you will outgear with time as always, but the stuff that is supposed to be done with other people in instances and raids (current tier, not old content) is now working as intended.

Personally, I found adding a bit of weight to fighting the Legion mobs refreshing . . . it's nice not to feel like I'm killing barrens mobs on a 100+ toon I'm lvling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The post you quoted is a bit of an exaggeration. World content is still perfectly soloable in the Legion beta
    Takes at least 3 times as long to kill saberons ... sure that seems like a great change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its 3% every 5 seconds for all druids who talent into it.

Other then that is a 30% heal every 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

- - - Updated - - -

MoP was 5% per 5 sec.
    WoD was 4% per 5 sec.
    Bandages are for healing during combat and food is for the buff, both are consumable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

- - - Updated - - -

MoP was 5% per 5 sec.
    WoD was 4% per 5 sec.
    It's 3 per 5

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post

This "WoW is a game best played with friends" thing is not the same as "WoW is a game you have to play with strangers if your friends don't play WoW."
    Well, that's the nature of MMO's. If grouping up for content forces a player to quit, he / she has the wrong expectations for the genre. That Blizzard has thrown that book out the window for years now, and sees backlash when trying to reel things in (see: flying) is their own problem to contend with.

It's not really gone, but it's significantly nerfed. Hunters get 30% every 120 sec now instead of 1% per sec. Shamans lost their totems, but still has surge. Druids can't cast in forms as much anymore, but retains Ysera talent.

3% per 5 sec. The same as it was in WoD. Their other self-heals have been nerfed though, as in bringing you out of bear/cat form. Not sure how big the nerf is yet, but it's still a nerf overall to self-healing, although much less than some other classes.