Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Here's the information for the upcoming event:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest.../youkai-watch/
    Staff looks better than the lore one... for BLM that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

One of the best (and most overlooked) aspects of WoW is how responsive the controls are, and FFXIV is really lacking in that area. There's something to be said for pushing a button and getting an immediate response, or holding a button and letting it go without overshooting your timing due to some extra steps of animation.
    Personally I am not to bothered by it. Just for the info I played wow for nearly 10 years before I switched.
    But after logging in to the ptr a couple of days back the only thing that makes the fight a little more smooth is the lower GCD and the your spamming the buttons the whole time. Might be because I switched from Hunter to WHM no idea for the rest I really dint see much difference personally atleast.
    But after dabbling 10 mins on the ptr I just logged out realizing I actually like the slower less spammy approach >_>

I am glad the new event is starting soon tho :P gotta catch them all :P

I'm beginning to feel like the game realizes I'm getting close to the final 10 treatments and has decided I no longer get a bonus on said treatments. T__T

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post

i'm now at this point for a 2nd anima and i'm still not sure which one to do.
    I'm aiming for dps/tank/healer; one of each. BLM one is done (for now), about halfway done with DRK. Then I'm looking at WHM one, but that requires WHM to be 60 (57 currently).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Erm.. almost everyone does when you hand in a quest. They yap, then they make some gesture and then they WALK out of the frame to despawn. All the while your character is stunned and your gameflow is interrupted.
    I hate it.

Just let me hand in the crap and move on. Stop constantly interrupting me.
    I'm just more annoyed I don't remember specific examples. Yet I know good and darn well I've run into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm just more annoyed I don't remember specific examples. Yet I know good and darn well I've run into this.
    It's a common thing for sure, but my guess is it's done on the back end because sometimes our characters react/emote at the NPC during those conversations (and they likewise do the same aimed at us), and so keeping both digital characters involved in that locked in state running a sort of script - the same way they handle our characters doing things in cut scenes - is probably (for lack of a better word) cleaner on the coding side. You see it every time you use a retainer, for example. They chat, then do an emote, then leave (though in that case, there's the additional systems the game is tapping into, such as retainer inventory, ventures, the MB, etc.

I can almost certainly guarantee it's not done arbitrarily or to annoy players, as much as it might feel that way sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    It's a common thing for sure, but my guess is it's done on the back end because sometimes our characters react/emote at the NPC during those conversations (and they likewise do the same aimed at us), and so keeping both digital characters involved in that locked in state running a sort of script - the same way they handle our characters doing things in cut scenes - is probably (for lack of a better word) cleaner on the coding side. You see it every time you use a retainer, for example. They chat, then do an emote, then leave (though in that case, there's the additional systems the game is tapping into, such as retainer inventory, ventures, the MB, etc.

I can almost certainly guarantee it's not done arbitrarily or to annoy players, as much as it might feel that way sometimes.
    The retainer thing is extremely minor. Sure, I've had moments where I'm like "omgIjustwanttoopentheotherretainer" while I'm flipping through them as I round up crafting mats (because I was an idiot and didn't search to see if I had a particular item already, so I end up with the same item across all my retainers).

Based on the description from earlier, I'm thinking of quests where the NPCs you have to interact with are moving/walking around. If they get more than 3 feet away, you can't continue the dialogue. Very annoying, but due to my lack of memory, I don't recall such a thing being commonplace.

I definitely don't think this stuff's intentional for the purpose of annoying players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Based on the description from earlier, I'm thinking of quests where the NPCs you have to interact with are moving/walking around. If they get more than 3 feet away, you can't continue the dialogue. Very annoying, but due to my lack of memory, I don't recall such a thing being commonplace.
    I don't recall that really happening much at all in FFXIV either (happened from time to time in WoW, though, that I do recall), but it also sounds different than what Granyala was talking about, and I was ultimately basing my comment on what they were talking about cause I thought that's what you were responding to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    But after logging in to the ptr a couple of days back the only thing that makes the fight a little more smooth is the lower GCD and the your spamming the buttons the whole time. Might be because I switched from Hunter to WHM no idea for the rest I really dint see much difference personally atleast.
    My problem is not the longer GCD. Getting older, I actually feel the same as you do and prefer it over WoW healing which can be quite stressful.

My main problem is the overzealous verification of everything by the server and the subsequent delay, resulting in our UIs being updated to late. Can be seen very easily as a healer: just hit the instant cast button and watch the bar move. You will notice the delay if you are sensitive to stuff like that.

I don't recall that really happening much at all in FFXIV either (happened from time to time in WoW, though, that I do recall), but it also sounds different than what Granyala was talking about, and I was ultimately basing my comment on what they were talking about cause I thought that's what you were responding to.
    I may very well be thinking of something similar but different.

Regardless, I'm still playing, so it's not rendering the game unplayable, at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the information for the upcoming event:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest.../youkai-watch/
    I require the derp mount. That derpy derp mount!

15+ Year Old Account
    I must have all of the yokai stuff it all looks good (seems my life shall be consumed by fates next week)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Loving this game, but I feel so... Alone / Bored without being in a group or with friends... I don't know what it is. Can treat SWTOR, Aion, and Even WoW as a Single Player game in many way, something with FFXIV I can't quite figure out that doesn't have the seem feeling when playing alone.

How it plays just feels so different from other Final Fantasy games, but also other MMO's.

I can't manage to pull myself online to get past 25 as an Archer. >,<
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Loving this game, but I feel so... Alone / Bored without being in a group or with friends... I don't know what it is. Can treat SWTOR, Aion, and Even WoW as a Single Player game in many way, something with FFXIV I can't quite figure out that doesn't have the seem feeling when playing alone.

How it plays just feels so different from other Final Fantasy games, but also other MMO's.

For me it's the other way around. WoW really lost its appeal once all my friends quit playing and every other MMORPG bores me after a few hours but FFXIV and TSW are the only ones that keep me playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

What server are you on?

What server are you on?
    Excalibur.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    Anyone know when they are putting the change in for POTD for the upgrade bonus upon completion?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I require the derp mount. That derpy derp mount!
    According to someone on reddit, there will actually be 2 mounts, the second one they were trying to keep a secret. The first one comes from getting and then summoning all the minions. The second one supposedly comes from getting all the weapons.

Mount 1 Icon

Mount 2 Icon
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Rainbow derp mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Anyone know when they are putting the change in for POTD for the upgrade bonus upon completion?
    Hard to tell.

We could get a patch in the next couple weeks with it, or if they need to patch in stuff for the anniversary and Moonfire Faire event it might come with one of those (and both events are scheduled for August).

I'm not expecting it to be added until the 3.4 patch hits myself, which I think is expected around late September at the earliest, or more likely October.

Deleted
    Hard to tell.

We could get a patch in the next couple weeks with it, or if they need to patch in stuff for the anniversary and Moonfire Faire event it might come with one of those (and both events are scheduled for August).

I'm not expecting it to be added until the 3.4 patch hits myself, which I think is expected around late September at the earliest, or more likely October.
    erugh hope it's earlier did 12 runs still dont have my weapon did 5 runs with not a single upgrade.