Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Old Gods story/plot being abandoned?

With chronicle and now the comic series leading to something bigger after the Legion, is Blizzard going to relegate the OGs to mid-tier status? So far we know N'Zoth is the last remaining OG on Azeroth. Could N'Zoth/Azshara be forgotten in favor of pushing us to the Void Lords/Army of Light story?

What? Old Gods(and N'Zoth) are probably spawn of the "something bigger", I think that by that they meant Void Lords. See the chronicles.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard told enough about them. We fought all of them one way or another except N'zoth, we know large parts of their stores and history, and it looks like N'zoth will get some panel time in the Legion. So i think OG got enough screen time and Blizz should put them off and pull the Void Lords. I think thats what they started doing with Chronicle release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    With chronicle and now the comic series leading to something bigger after the Legion, is Blizzard going to relegate the OGs to mid-tier status? So far we know N'Zoth is the last remaining OG on Azeroth. Could N'Zoth/Azshara be forgotten in favor of pushing us to the Void Lords/Army of Light story?
    It is quite unlikely we have seen the last o the old gods even after N'zoth is destroyed the void lords could always hurl more of them to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I think Blizzard said enough about them. We fought all of them one way or another except N'zoth, and it looks like N'zoth will get some panel time in the Legion. So i think OG got enough screen time and Blizz should put them off and pull the Void Lords. I think thats what they started doing with Chronicle release.
    Do you think N'Zoth will be a mid-tier boss? Is it possible that N'Zoth is the last boss of Legion leading to the Void Lords?

I'm just trying to get a bearing on story direction.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing he won't even be seen until next expansion to be honest
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    When were OGs anything other than mid-tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No bu they were always a bigger threat IMO. Will N'Zoth be a mid tier boss or just completely pushed aside in favor of Void Lords?

Probaly we gonna do against legion in azeroth now, nzoth and azshara after, than against legion forever (Sargeras), than against void lords to purge all the evil, and blizzard can put something between this if wo stills enough lucrative

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Back when they wanted to bring Sargeras over so they can free themselves and kick his ass. Retcon bat hit them badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Back when they wanted to bring Sargeras over so they can free themselves and kick his ass. Retcon bat hit them badly.
    Them thinking they would kick his ass is not the same as them actually being able to do it. No retcons were necessary for them to be wrong. The titans chose to use non-lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Which they would not have been able to
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

An old gods expansion is pretty likely in the future, especially if we don't deal with the naga in Legion.

They've always been second tier villains really. The only difference is with N'Zoth specifically becaus he's been built up since wrath starting with puzzle box quotes, then name dropped in dragon soul and now more build up in Legion. So that could mean mid tier raid in Legion or the next expansion could be him and Azshara. I doubt they'll have him usurp the Legion as the final boss of Legion but we'll see.

This army of light non-sense is so boring.

I believe the will be an Old God expansion, either focused around N'Zoth or maybe a new Old God. It is possible that the Void Lords send new Old Gods to Azeroth, just like they did with our current bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are still the alternative villains outside of the Burning Legion. N'zoth is just the only one that is alive. Hope he puts up a good fight(Even if lore states he is the weakest although that makes little sense given how he's the last on the line up). I'd also wonder if Void Lords can resurrect Old Gods.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine we will be seeing more Old God stuff in the future, possibly during Legion even.

Aren't the OG's spawned by the Void Lords? Could very well see more of them coming our way. An bombardment of OG's perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is quite unlikely we have seen the last o the old gods even after N'zoth is destroyed the void lords could always hurl more of them to Azeroth.
    Can you imagine "Kill 10 old gods" quests in the first leveling zone of some expansion ?

7+ Year Old Account
    personally i always like the old gods and titan conflict lore. i would s love to see more of this . personally wanna see the fallen titan rebuild and the azerothian titan being born...just in time for the voidlords to brak into our world....
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”