Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    resto druid is resto druid; there's some refinements but if you liked it before you still will

guardian, kinda the same. It's hard to evaluate tank mechanics until we see them at proper max level, though

imo balance is much better; not everyone loves it and I know there's concerns w/r/t mythic five mans, but I hated the eclipse bar so seeing that go was worth almost any tradeoff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Okay that makes a lot more sense, gotcha.

Also a small update, I tried Feral while running old dungeons because Dash is currently bugged for Bear/Boom, and wow, I'm actually enjoying it way more than I thought I would. Pulling crap for DPS (~30-40k in HFC LFR), but it's still fun.

Still haven't tried Resto yet, been too pre-occupied getting Illusions and stuff
    30-40k is about average if you aren't close to 740 in all slots. Damage for all specs took a LARGE hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    resto druid is resto druid; there's some refinements but if you liked it before you still will

guardian, kinda the same. It's hard to evaluate tank mechanics until we see them at proper max level, though

imo balance is much better; not everyone loves it and I know there's concerns w/r/t mythic five mans, but I hated the eclipse bar so seeing that go was worth almost any tradeoff.
    I personally liked the Balance bar, as nobody else had something similar. Now, we are basically using the same system as hunters. Same with Elemental Shamans. meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

In my opinion balance druid got HUGE nerfs, atleast before Legion and artifact weapon.

Today i was trying to do my normal Mogushan Vaults run for Elegon mount, before prepatch it wasn't problem at all, i pretty much killed every boss with starting burst (ilvl 704), but now it's not that easy anymore. First i struggled at second boss for like an hour because damage was just too low, hardly got him to 10-20%... Well after hour of wipes i finally got him, i changed my enchants to full haste enchants, took potions and flask. I went to 3rd boss, but unfortunately i wasn't able to kill him any way, his enrage was just too much for my sh*tty damage..

I really didn't think that nerf was THAT BIG, but yes it was. It's just not enough damage with wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath, starsurge, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath at this point....

Yes i tried with different talents, FoE, Nature's Balance, Astral Communion, Shooting Stars, SotF, Incarnation... nope.

What do you guys think who plays boomkin? Am i just bad player who cannot press solar wraths,CA's,starsurges and dots (yes, i know how to play, just dissapointed about the changes, just started to like new boomkin and then reality hits the face in a hard way), or have you noticed damage mitigations also?

Regards

Angry owl who still doesn't like boomkin form and goes with glyph of stars.

Balance is missing so much without the Moonmoon spells. new/half/full moon really fill out the rotation, full moon gives you some aoe. Judging balance by what is live now isn't giving it a fair chance. I've played beta for a couple of months, and really enjoy the balance druid, but can't comment on mythics/raids as I have no exp in any of them.

Deleted
    @Restoration Players
    - Compared to WoD, how is Restoration fairing (again, fun-wise)?
    - Are Resto Druids still fairly mobile?
    - Do Restos still have group utility?
    - Resto feels WAY better now, in my opinion. And I love the choices we have! Raid healing, tank healing, dungeon group healing, PvP healing... Ugh. It's all so goddamn nommy!

- Yes, I have no issues with mobility. It feels the exact same to me.

- Absolutely! I felt really OP when I played in the Beta.

All in all, 7.0 brings back new love for my old main. <3

Beta impressions, so with artifacts and focus on endgame, because really, some of the specs we have become insane with equipped legendaries and set bonuses.

Balance - Crispy spell graphics across the board, particle beam cannon, no more pendulum swinging nonsense, howling wolves with starsurge (artifact trait) and interesting legendaries with one of them adding a proc (starsurge and starfall proc off off each other) and the tier set 4 piece bonus making this look like a beast at endgame in terms of enjoyment and spell management for those looking for a rotational challenge that pays off with huge satisfaction.

Feral - New animations giving you more of a cat feel and the relevance of Trash becoming part of the rotation at endgame (legendary wrists, 4 piece set bonus, talent into moment of clarity for fluidity and the energy necessary to cast it without hiccups) is something to look forward to, because let's be real, that animation is literally bloody cool. Never enjoyed it, now full on enjoying it!! The great talents that really modify how you want to play are a large part of the enjoyment factor here. (Cool screenshot at bottom because cool)

Guardian - Sweet jesus, the bear is a beast. Fat, meaty, great effects and skins and an overall pleasure to steer through content. The relevance of set bonusses and legendaries is minimal as it mostly just amplifies skills instead of altering gameplay or adding procs, but with such a solid foundation it is not really necessary for that to exist in this first raid tier anyway. Granted, tanking has taken a hit in Legion, but the bear manages to pull ahead of its peers.

Resto - Can't say much about it, never dabbled much in healing, some other posters here have provided better responses, however the limited amount of gameplay I had with it was enjoyable. The non-consuming swiftmends and their increased relevance through the 4-set bonus and wrists (talented to 2 charges if desired and lower cooldown) increases on demand burst healing that feels good for the spec.

It seems the Druid as a class overall is going strong into Legion and will see considerable growth throughout the x-packs life cycle with set bonuses and legendaries adding complexity, enjoyment and sheer power across all four specs which are looking more than decent!

Giving the class an 8.5/10 overall! The most enjoyable one for me through my months of Beta testing
    (I am originally not a Druid player! First x-pack I will be maining one!)

Last edited by 7empest; 2016-07-21 at 08:56 AM.

I have a shit ton of dodge and still dodge shit. But your go to CD's are Armor based and remembering to get 2 stacks of IF along with BS and/or SI(if needed) on for big spikes of dmg, then hitting FR while IF is up (current set bonus), to gain a lot of that dmg back as self heals.
    Last edited by Bytch; 2016-07-21 at 08:39 AM.

Balance's AoE was annihilated. Hurricane was completely removed and Starfall is now cast in a specific place instead of around you and can't be cast right away, because it requires that new Lunar resource.
    Last edited by guisadop; 2016-07-21 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Balance is the least in-demand class for Mythic + dungeons which are a huge part of the game, it's very disappointing, if I wasn't locked in because of my guild I would stay away and I suggest you do too.

Leveling as Balance will also give you a headache.
    Leveled as balance on beta at 680 ilvl and it really wasn't that bad. There will be a lot of people in the zones at launch and you can basically just run around tagging mobs with moonfire/sunfire. You take restoration affinity to heal yourself between / during fights and can use Fury of Elune / Astral Communion combo to pull 2-4 mobs and burn them down once every 1.5 minutes.

I suspect leveling on my 745 boomkin is going to be significantly easier and I'll just be chain dotting everything I can up until around 107 where I'll have to start leveling like I was on my pre-made toon on beta. It took me 12 hours to hit 110 from 100 and it was my first run through the zones (I did this 2 weeks ago).

I'm sure other classes level better, but with boomkins instant dots they will probably be very good levelers at the expansion start with the free mob tagging.

Personally not enjoying Balance at all. I started playing it in MoP and really loved that eclipse always kept you on your toes. Now, we don't have eclipse, we just have this generic builder/spender system with no special unique mechanics. I talk to friends playing shadow priests and mages and they are talking about their fast paced rotation with off gcd spells and it just sounds so fun and engaging. Balance Druid had that "special something" taken away from them and I'm personally not a fan.

That said though, Astral Power isn't as absolutely terrible as it feels. Eclipse was extremely inconvenient and inconsistent for certain encounters where you'd be on the wrong end of the cycle during a crucial part of the fight and the new builder/spender system remedies that. Overall, this new resource system should be an overall improvement but it just makes playing the spec less fun and engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtycamel View Post
    Balance is missing so much without the Moonmoon spells. new/half/full moon really fill out the rotation, full moon gives you some aoe. Judging balance by what is live now isn't giving it a fair chance. I've played beta for a couple of months, and really enjoy the balance druid, but can't comment on mythics/raids as I have no exp in any of them.
    Thank you for this bit of info, but for the record, I actually do enjoy Balance as it is now for the most part! On demand AoE is my only real concern, but otherwise it's still pretty fun to play. Hearing that Moon spells add even more variety to the mix is a great feeling

Quote Originally Posted by vixenVIPER View Post
    - Resto feels WAY better now, in my opinion. And I love the choices we have! Raid healing, tank healing, dungeon group healing, PvP healing... Ugh. It's all so goddamn nommy!

Awesome, glad to hear that! Resto is still the only spec I haven't dabbled in since 7.0 (was waiting on raid frame addon to get updates >.>), so I'm definitely looking forward to that now

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    <snip>
    Thank you for your info, love seeing what I'm seeing from most of you guys here!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    feral prepatch is fun. because you dont need SR.

Method made a classification for healers and resto druid was apparently the best one for raidind. Have you tried it?
    Im looking for a complete guide with all the changes etc, but I couldnt find a good one. Do you know any?

Thanks!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vixenVIPER View Post

You feel OP in beta? I feel resto is insanely mana hungry and underpowered in beta!

What're your talents and artifact build path?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    feral prepatch is fun. because you dont need SR.
    You find them arbitrarily removing an amazing ability that added a ton of rotational complexity is fun?

Deleted
    You feel OP in beta? I feel resto is insanely mana hungry and underpowered in beta!

What're your talents and artifact build path?

- - - Updated - - -

You find them arbitrarily removing an amazing ability that added a ton of rotational complexity is fun?
    You call maintenance buffs complex? Ok boss. SR is boring and annoying, blood talons is just stupid but at least it gives you a rewarding feel when you manage to get it right. SR is just "press button every 24 sec". Laaaaame.

You're in the minority if you found SR, Rune of Power, or Inquisition as "amazing" or "complex". Inq has been long-since removed, RoP is now a cooldown (and talent) and much less maintenance-y, and SR is now a talent. No, it didn't add anything to the mix but an annoyance to keep track of. Most people hate maintenance buffs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

@Feral Players
    - Feral was probably the only spec I didn't intend to play, but I'd still like to hear some people out on this:
    = Are Ferals still really hard to play, and is Savage Roar still a thing?

@Beta/Theorycrafting Players
    - Does the artifact(s) mesh well with the spec(s)?
    Feral player here. The rotation is much simpler, but you can return it to what it was before the patch through the use of specific talents. That's where you'll find abilities like Savage Roar, if you liked using it. Personally, I love that the rotation was simplified. For the longest time, Feral was easily the hardest rotation to master (and I did fine with it, but I prefer an easier rotation so I can focus on the experience of the fight more rather than my DoT timers and CPs). Warlords made it easier, and now it's trivial. The way I have my Druid set up, I use Rake, Shred to 5 CP, and Rip. By this time, Rake is almost off CD, so I refresh it before using Shred to 5 CPs again. Since Rip is on the target, all I have to do is use Ferocious Bite until the target is dead. I'm using the talent where Ferocious Bite will always refresh Rip to its full duration, regardless of the HP % of the target. It's really nice. This basically makes Feral Druids a 3-button class once Rip is set up.

Personally, I'm finding the spec much more fun to play since it's been simplified.

As for the artifact, it meshes well with the spec. It gives you a short-cooldown ability that causes you to attack the target 7 times in rapid succession, and you don't have to wait for it to finish before using your next ability. It'll perform the attacks no matter what you're doing.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Deleted
    I am moving away from Monk tank (hate the changes in Legion made to him) and will main Boomkin ... so far after pretach - loving is so much more then monk ... can't wait to get my hands on that Artifact with Moon-Moon spells. Currently got 7 spells to choose from (if i spec third dot) or 8 if you consider Starfall and to me it feels fun to play.

Resto feels same as before - just not as strong due to number squish, but still enjoy occasional dungeon as a healer.

Have not played Feral or Tank but did hear they play good as well.

So the reason moonkin isn't ideal for mythics/challenge modes in legion is because it has no on demand AoE? No one actually answered his question and i'm also curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    So the reason moonkin isn't ideal for mythics/challenge modes in legion is because it has no on demand AoE? No one actually answered his question and i'm also curious about it.
    It would appear so. Starfall, while nice, isn't bursty.

I've been used to Mage since the end of BC (Mage Main: 2.4.3-7.0.3), and the on-demand burst AoE was usually there and very nice. That's something I'm going to miss, but if that's my price to pay for a more fun and better-designed class, so be it.