Deleted

Rogue "Vanish!" Pet "Lol nope."

So since pre patch vanish seems to work, not particularly well. Many times I've vanished recently I still got hit by some random pet stun, or a pet just got me right out of it without anyone ever even losing track of me.

Does anyone know if they made changes to vanish and stealth in general?

This is an old bug that has seen a resurgence. So far as I can tell from playing rogue for 5 plus years, it takes NPCs about a second (could be server tick + latency) to accept that you are stealthed. A couple years ago they appeared to have coded in something to tell NPCs to cancel attack on target at stealth cast, which is why you would see pets still chase for a second but not swing or finish a cast, before they'd leave you alone. If I had to guess, I would say that new pets/changes to the pet system in Legion have disrupted this fix.

Report bugs where you see em. Hopefully this time it will take less than a couple years to get round to.

Deleted
    Dunno, I'm closing in on throwing vanish out of my bar. Because unless I am safely around the corner and make sure nothing is close by I might aswell not use it because it seems to barely if at all work. With the removal of prep to "fix" this by stealthing again it feels a lot closer to ferals old way of using stealth without any kind of vanish but without other ways to escape.

You can Vanish + Sprint and pets will still chase.

It is an old bug but it is stronger than before because pets simply don't de-aggro in PVP at all.

Deleted
    Stealth just does not work very well at all right now. I was ganking outside of SW today and more than once my stealth would break for no reason or even better yet for some magical reason people could just randomly see me without stealth breaking. The combat log is coming up empty too so no help there.

Deleted
    Salt, actually there is "a reason", it's random pulses of various abilities hitting you. Abilities that do no damage and shouldn't realistically break stealth but cause it to fall of anyway. That's another old bug that is more or less prevelant over time. Right now it seems, bad. Really bad.

Stuff interrupting abilities and so on seems quite ripe. I couldn't lay a bomb earlier on strand of the ancients because a dk dot was interrupting me. Fairly sure that's not intentional either.

It's like the old days of Classic WoW where hunter was essentially the only "anti-rogue" class. I mean, animals don't track by vision alone. They can smell that rogue!

Wonder how long it'll take for a hotfix for you guys. :/

Deleted
    I am not sure it was those abilities because I am fairly confident that I was out of range however that is good. I can be a full grapple length from an enemy and yet somehow they can magically make a u-turn and come hit me out of stealth. It is just so weird.

Stealth is acting like MoP where stealth level and perception is out of whack.

Vanish doesn't deaggro.

There are many DoTs that still keep you in combat even after dropping off.

Many beneficial buffs that pull you out of stealth from allies.

Auto attacks will pull you out of stealth. Auto attacking dead mobs/players is a big offender of stealth/vanish breaking.

Outlaw's Riposte is guaranteed to pull you out of stealth/vanish if it strikes back against an enemy. Use cancel aura macro to cancel that before hitting Vansih.

Have a stop auto attack macro for stealth/vanish as it solves most issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Stealth is acting like MoP where stealth level and perception is out of whack.

Vanish doesn't deaggro.

There are many DoTs that still keep you in combat even after dropping off.

Many beneficial buffs that pull you out of stealth from allies.

Auto attacks will pull you out of stealth. Auto attacking dead mobs/players is a big offender of stealth/vanish breaking.

Outlaw's Riposte is guaranteed to pull you out of stealth/vanish if it strikes back against an enemy. Use cancel aura macro to cancel that before hitting Vansih.

Have a stop auto attack macro for stealth/vanish as it solves most issues.
    Yes, to everything you just said. Hopefully its a know issue.

I have to try the stop auto attack macro though.

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    This is an old bug that has seen a resurgence. So far as I can tell from playing rogue for 5 plus years, it takes NPCs about a second (could be server tick + latency) to accept that you are stealthed. A couple years ago they appeared to have coded in something to tell NPCs to cancel attack on target at stealth cast, which is why you would see pets still chase for a second but not swing or finish a cast, before they'd leave you alone. If I had to guess, I would say that new pets/changes to the pet system in Legion have disrupted this fix.

Report bugs where you see em. Hopefully this time it will take less than a couple years to get round to.
    Indeed. I noticed that pets have a whole new AI and won't aggro anything unless you do first, a new take on getting around the old "pet class can farm while afk" problem that used to be that units damaged by only pets granted no drops and no exp.

Probably has something to do with that. Seems unintentional.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-07-22 at 04:47 PM.

I've noticed that stealth is very weak now. I'm seeing rogues that are behind me and from 10yd away. I've also noticed that if I'm in a CC and get a target on a rogue while he's in stealth and he runs away I keep the target even at 40+ yds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I've noticed that stealth is very weak now. I'm seeing rogues that are behind me and from 10yd away. I've also noticed that if I'm in a CC and get a target on a rogue while he's in stealth and he runs away I keep the target even at 40+ yds.
    Actually this aligns with some of my experience but it doesn't seem to be consistent by any matter. At times I can stand right behind people and they appear to not notice whatsoever, at other times people far away will suddenly turn around and target me with no problems. As in actually targeting me. Things seem, odd.

It's as if ALL the bugs I had experienced concerning stealth since Wotlk are back in one way or another. Some less bad than back them, some worse. The changes they made to many mechanics seem to throw of a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's like the old days of Classic WoW where hunter was essentially the only "anti-rogue" class. I mean, animals don't track by vision alone. They can smell that rogue!

Wonder how long it'll take for a hotfix for you guys. :/
    Haha hotfix

Stealth/Vanish has been bugged so often over the years and everytime it's bugged it has taken forever for it to get fixed.

The very last patch of beta caused this before that it worked fine but now when you stealth or vanish it takes 2-3secs before you actually vanish...