Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up The Best Pre-Expansion Patch since 2.0?

Is the 7.0 patch the best pre-expansion patch since the launch of the Burning Crusade pre-expansion patch?

I love the new class changes, and I am excited more than ever to play an expansion since the Burning Crusade expansion almost 10 years ago.

All classes seem to be fun, and their rotations seem to be varied and unique. The transmog closet alone is one of the best features ever implemented into the game, and provides players a great collection system other than the usual mounts and companion pets. Plus the added benefit of being able to look pretty much however you want given the time you invest in trying to get appearances unlocked.

Going into Mythic HFC is almost like its a completely new experience. Our raid was laughing and having a great time downing bosses and learning our new rotations. Its almost like the game is brand new.

Anyone else think this?

No, i do not think that. Quite the opposite.

So far (without DH, Invasions, etc), i'm finding this pre-expansion patch horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    U dont tank or heal do u (or pvp either?)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Jaylock thread what a surprise.

Last edited by Driveskull; 2016-10-27 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Never been a big fan of pre patches. But I do look forward to the demon invasion.
    It's that kind things that "you can't have the expansion just yet- wait some weeks".
    When the demons starts to fall from the sky, then I'll be happy. Right now it is *just* class changes, wardrobe etc. Not really new content to be excited about :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is the 7.0 patch the best pre-expansion patch since the launch of the Burning Crusade pre-expansion patch?

I love the new class changes, and I am excited more than ever to play an expansion since the Burning Crusade expansion almost 10 years ago.

All classes seem to be fun, and their rotations seem to be varied and unique. The transmog closet alone is one of the best features ever implemented into the game, and provides players a great collection system other than the usual mounts and companion pets. Plus the added benefit of being able to look pretty much however you want given the time you invest in trying to get appearances unlocked.

Going into Mythic HFC is almost like its a completely new experience. Our raid was laughing and having a great time downing bosses and learning our new rotations. Its almost like the game is brand new.

Anyone else think this?
    Doesn't every patch include class changes?

Honestly, I think it has the POTENTIAL to be one of the best (maybe even THE best), but it all depends on how the invasions/Broken Shore/DH will play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No, i do not think that. Quite the opposite.

So far (without DH, Invasions, etc), i'm finding this pre-expansion patch horrendous.
    Well give it time man.

As far as the class changes and animation changes, and graphics update, and the transmog system... aka anything that improves the game mechanics wise and gameplay wise, this patch has been the best patch since the 2.0 patch.

The patch is more like a series of patches that puts in new content gradually. Those "events" are still to come, which means the patch has the potential to pass even the WOTLK zombie event in terms of epic scale.

This patch is probably one of the most pristine patches to date. Sure there are some kinks to work out, like every patch, but for the lion's share, Blizzard got this right.

An attempt was made.

Deleted
    Should have known it was Jaylock trolling before even opening the thread.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-07-22 at 10:04 PM.

Legion pre patch is my favorite so far. I started at the beginning of wrath so I only know that one and everything after it. Wrath was my favorite in general but the Legion one has an event similar to it and it has other events as well, so the legion pre patch is my favorite.

Im not sure why people are upset that the patch doesnt have anything yet, they said it was going to be staggered so many times people should have known about it. Either way, theres many more events in this pre patch than there have been in the past. Broken shore, lore events, doomsayers, whispers event, demon invasions, and early access to demon hunters if you pre purchased.

Dont really care if your trolling, too much negativity going around at least its something positive.

Wrath's was the most fun, but Cata's was literally the best in terms of new content.

Yes, the Wardrobe is great for doing old content and bag space but remember, Cata's updated the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor entirely before the expansion hit.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always, players are happier than mmoc would lead us to believe, but the lack of perspective is interesting. I don't get why folks are judging three days of the patch against the entire pre-patches of previous expansions.
    Knowing what's to come, I find the experience much more fulfilling than the mop or cata prelaunches.
    Nothing holds a candle to wotlk's zombie event though =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    So expressing my like and interest in the latest WoW patch from Blizzard is "trolling" now? If you want to blast me for trolling just because you disagree with my view, just fuck off with that shit.

You are the perfect example of the toxic, entitled salty players that if the game isnt perfectly tailored to how you want it, you cry and spew your bs. Get out of the thread if you have nothing to contribute.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-07-22 at 10:02 PM.

Not really. Since they made classes worse I would have prefered a few more weeks of 6.2.x instead of prepatch without events

New class changes have been pretty great, I'm having a hard time picking my 3 classes for legion. & I can't wait for the rest to be rolled out, didn't touch any demon invasions on the ptr to not spoil it & I'm getting more hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    So disagreeing with someone is trolling now?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I honestly think it's the worst pre expansion patch without any of the pre event in it.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Not really. Since they made classes worse I would have prefered a few more weeks of 6.2.x instead of prepatch without events
    My favorite was last night doing Wintergrasp (not a big deal, but still). I was on my ret paladin and a boomkin started fighting me. I might as well afk'ed and grab a drink. Root this, root that, silence that, let me run away and outrange you while you walk because you have nothing to catch me with. Then fought a hunter later. Same thing and nonstop concussive shot. Yup, if I see a range I'm just walking away or afk'ing. Not even worth the struggle and even artifact and 110 isn't going to help that. Might be a talent or to help offset it, but that's after a lot of pvp because of where they are located.

As for OP, no this is not better than 2.0. Then again 2.0 wasn't even that great. I'd rank them a lot differently.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-07-22 at 05:52 PM.

all clases are best. only ppl who cant take a change on their lifes will complain.
    But yep, they are better.

Excited to play legion.