Page 10 of 228 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I still am just not sure what trinkets I want to use. I have WF Socketed class Heroic trinket, 715 Kaz trinket, and M Socketed Seethe. I just do not know what trinket is the best for me. I keep trying to test the three but I still feel like seethe/Kaz seems weak. I know its sooo much stats but.

Well our myth+ performance depends on our gear and the level of dungeon you try to do.
    If you want to do the dungeon fast, like 3 boxes and you don't outgear it, better not bring a spriest, but heavy cleave classes that can also perform decent on a given boss. Fire mage, dk, dh.
    If you run a priest, just try to invite some classes with real cc (sheep/frog/sap w/e) and do it slowly. Think of it like challenge mode. If you can't burst it before it kills you, you better get some cc rolling.
    As a shadow priest in a +8 at around 855gs i felt pretty much useless on every trash pull. i got 4 seconds of mind Bomb and then hope that everyone totally rapes the meter with like 1.5 million dps while i do smashin 300k.
    At the boss you don't look as bad, but with the modifiers, trash is more likely to be the hard part.

On beta however, loot from M+ is capped out at 10+, so running a little lower and grab some heavy aoe class to perform with you, and you should be fine. You will most likely not be invited to some real pushing/farming tho. Maybe try to heal as resto Druid/shaman for that lolz.

Aren't priests decent in general because they can eliminate 1 mob with MC for most trash packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeshot View Post
    Aren't priests decent in general because they can eliminate 1 mob with MC for most trash packs?
    Yeah. and don't deal damage in that time. Only to themselves because mobs will spawn fire under you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    I had a 45 stack non-StM in raid because of lust at start, is it worth losing that by going into another voidform where I won't be able to get nearly that much?
    No math to back it up, but you gain 20% more damage and access to void bolt, so I think it's worth going into voidform. If you find that a frequent occurance, where you get high stacks, void lord is a pretty good talent to replace reaper of souls I believe. I really want to see some math done between void lord and reaper of souls.

Have a question, does anyone know when shadowcrash is worth taking over mindbender (ignoring our current tier bonus) in legion? How many targets must you hit with shadowcrash on CD?
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-07-22 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    No math to back it up, but you gain 20% more damage and access to void bolt, so I think it's worth going into voidform. If you find that a frequent occurance, where you get high stacks, void lord is a pretty good talent to replace reaper of souls I believe.

Have a question, does anyone know when shadowcrash is worth taking over mindbender (ignoring our current tier bonus) in legion? How many targets must you hit with shadowcrash on CD?
    I think it is covered in the guide over at icy veins. They said like 3 targets its okay to take, 4 targets it is a dps gain. But the real strenght is in short lasted adds that spawn periodically.
    Still with StM you should consider using Mindbender to gain a higher uptime.
    Last edited by N1gh7h4wk; 2016-07-22 at 06:35 AM.

Tried some PVP Last Night. Got some positives and some negatives.

Positives was that I liked that DOting became viable again and that the Shadowpriest is good when sitting afar not getting focused.
    The negative is his survivability is very bad when focused and his dps drops a lot. Every spell and even his voidform is castable and you are unable to use it under pressure. Also it seems my damage has fallen a little compared to the WOD Shadowpriest but I suppose every class has the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlkohol View Post
    Two quick questions here if you guys dont mind:

2. So i know there is no definitive answer to that but how is shadow going to be overall in Legion? I mean we know Shadow is pretty damn good in council and will continue to be, single target maybe and AoE, well...
    I have two concerns that make want to reroll to about 50%, I wanna hear you guys opinions on that:

Spriest seems pretty unviable in Mythic+ dungeons. Normally I wouldnt bother even thinking about 5-mans but with Legion, well, it´s going to be a pretty good and how it looks mandatory progression path. So might we get in trouble finding groups even in our guilds because people just want to take fire mages and warlocks? I may be overreacting a little bit so please tell me what you think.

Second, StM is the talent to go atm. Not that it bothers me per se, its a pretty fun talent, but in a progression environment its pretty lackluster. The first 100 pulls till you get to whatever boss % to use it you will always do damn mediocre damage, especially on non-council-fights. And pretty much after 30 stacks targetswitching is a no-no if what i have experienced so far is correct. That would lower our already poor priority damage even further.

So, please feel free to erase my concerns
    On Mythic +:

As I see it, Mythic + is only a gearing option until level 10 mythic dungeons at this moment in time. A blue post stated that there will be achievements and cosmetic stuff for 11+, but the loot caps at mythic+ level 10 at this moment in time. I don't know of course if they will change that or if that is just a limit set on beta.

If this stays this way of course, this won't be that big of a deal. Shadow Priest will definitely be able, and is able, to do mythic + 10 dungeons. Even if performance is "meh" on trash, it works and our boss damage is alright. Overall throughout an instance your damage should be fine. You'll just respec for the last boss and use StM there. We will see how it plays out if we get more time with it.
    It should work however. Maybe even by stacking AoE-trinkets, Shadow Crash and Void Ray or some "completely batshit insane" things like that

Even if you don't clear mythic 10 and only do mythic ... 7 or so, the the titanforged system is still pretty alright and enables you to do more with your character. Maybe you'll even farm low level mythic instances because it's just quicker. Who knows. I think it's a pretty fun system for everyone involved, even if our AoE isn't up to snuff. But Mind Sear has almost never been more than Mind Tickle.

If a group won't take you for "cutting edge" progression, try with either guild or friends or something or just do more lower dungeons? Can't really tell people to stop using their prejudice against shadows, if we don't see a change.
    But on higher mythic +, if dots tick longer and we can get them rolling without needing to resolve to mind sear pillow parties, it could also be ok to be a shadow priest.

On StM:

You are kinda right in that you take StM only if you know how the fight will play out. I can imagine going into fights with LotV until I know when to press StM to get the most out of it. Getting an addon to tell you how long a boss "should" live with the current DPS the raid is doing and with historical values when and how you killed the boss the weeks before, should be pretty mandatory for exact timings.

In HFC this isn't really the case anymore. Things just die very quickly and you take StM for every single fight (except Assault, but thats trash anyways). For most bosses except the ~3 longer ones, you just StM at the start and wait for the boss to get blown to shreds in about 30 seconds to 1:30 minutes.

In legion your gear will be worse of course, your StM won't be that long, your crit won't be as high for Auspicious Spirits to generate as much Insanity as it does now, your haste won't allow you to do what you can now.

On target switching:
    I don't know what you are expiriencing, but target switching and off-dotting does work, but requires a bit of attention to your insanity bar of course.
    You can dot - but doing so at stacks higher than 100 is very risky, even with our gear. Maybe try using dot-filler-dot-filler for off-targets instead of dot-dot-filler because your two dot casts in succession can be pretty deadly on extremely high stacks because of their lackluster insanity generation.
    It does work however. You'll just have to be very, very careful.
    (that situation is where I yearn for an ability to just apply both dots on a cd, like outbreak for DKs used to be)
    My Priest and my Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Kis View Post
    If a group won't take you for "cutting edge" progression, try with either guild or friends or something or just do more lower dungeons?
    BRILLIANT, why didn't I think of that?! It's so simple it's laughable. Why worry about not being particularly good in certain parts of the game when you can just NOT DO ANY OF THOSE PARTS! Can't swim? NOT TO WORRY: just stay in the kiddie pool! No need to do anything about it, just lower your expectations.

You have solved the SPriest dilemma in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    BRILLIANT, why didn't I think of that?! It's so simple it's laughable. Why worry about not being particularly good in certain parts of the game when you can just NOT DO ANY OF THOSE PARTS! Can't swim? NOT TO WORRY: just stay in the kiddie pool! No need to do anything about it, just lower your expectations.

You have solved the SPriest dilemma in its entirety.
    Well, it's just the reality of things. Cherrypicking my post won't solve the issues. Shadow is perfectly fine for the part that gives the important stuff: loot. Everything else, when things get tough, is up to people to bring the right classes that are good for the situation. That is hard with 12 classes and 5 slots.

This is the SAME with current challenge modes. Want faster gold times? Get with the game and bring the right classes.

This doesn't solve the issue of us not being as viable as others. Right. But at least you can take peoples fears away that they won't ever accomplish anything in that gamemode. This is a discussion board not feedback for Blizzard.

Edit: also, this was only targeted for Mythic+ Dungeons, not raiding. In raiding, Shadow is perfectly viable for basically anything.
    Some of the things you pointed out were also marked with "?" for a reason. Maybe the right path is just to do a shit ton of lower level keystones? That is what most people are doing anyways. Get one keystone high for the chest, do lower dungeons for quicker and more sustainable looting. Shadows are fine for all of that. Please.
    Last edited by Kis; 2016-07-22 at 11:54 AM.
    My Priest and my Logs

Deleted
    Guys quick question... has anyone made a weakaura to track when we can use void eruption/bolt/artifact and as well check for our insanity and other cds like mind blast?

You guys raiding alrdy with SP what do you use? Thank you!

PS I know twintop made several WAa i just wonder if theres one that includes everything we need.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-07-22 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Guys quick question... has anyone made a weakaura to track when we can use void eruption/bolt/artifact and as well check for our insanity and other cds like mind blast?

You guys raiding alrdy with SP what do you use? Thank you!

PS I know twintop made several WAa i just wonder if theres one that includes everything we need.
    Erm, you can actually create that yourself easily, go to new, from template, and select what you needs.....just dont forget to set the trigger correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaryel View Post
    Erm, you can actually create that yourself easily, go to new, from template, and select what you needs.....just dont forget to set the trigger correctly.
    I know I can do it myself but I usually suck at putting all important things together in a nice way for the eye thats why I asked if there was something already configured to have everything we need in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaryel View Post
    Thats a fucking useless post. You'll fit right in here.

I know I can do it myself but I usually suck at putting all important things together in a nice way for the eye thats why I asked if there was something already configured to have everything we need in legion.
    Same, it's not hard to make a shoddy WA to track raw numbers. The real hard part is design and aesthetics of the thing that pulls it together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Same, it's not hard to make a shoddy WA to track raw numbers. The real hard part is design and aesthetics of the thing that pulls it together.
    Yep.
    Well... If anyone wants to help us... feel free thank you.

I posted mine here. If you check the first post of that, it has an Insanity bar as well as a Auspicious Spirits tracker, which also feeds into the Insanity bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I posted mine here. If you check the first post of that, it has an Insanity bar as well as a Auspicious Spirits tracker, which also feeds into the Insanity bar.
    Thanks! You dont have one for void eruption/bolt/and to keep track of the insanity bar once u become void?

Thanks! You dont have one for void eruption/bolt/and to keep track of the insanity bar once u become void?
    First post of that, has that. I even said that. As for the Void Bolt/Eruption i've changed the WA i posted there to reflect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo Djriff thanks again for the guide.

Your 6.2 priest videos was practically like a bible to me.

Rerolling to shadow because ret is pure aids.