Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I don't think WoD PVP Gear works, when I tried it on the PTR at least I didn't notice any kind of stat boost when switching between 710 PVE and 710 PVP gear which should be counted as 740 gear in battlegrounds.
    There is no scaling in Legion. 710 PvP gear is 710 gear, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    So it's basicly worth no time farming?
    There is no PvP gear. Stack iLevel for a very, very small boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Such system doesnt work for MMORPG game. WoW isnt compettive game. It is RPG.
    2006 called and wants its blue-eyed assumptions back.

I'm so glad that they've finally revisited PvP stats. That system's been garbage for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The better you do in pvp, the higher ilvl gear you get. Having a higher ilvl increases your base stat template. It's roughly 1% per 10 ilvls.

Deleted
    Everything gets scaled towards the correct ilvl anyways if you enter arena or bg and even outdoor pvp content.
    In Legion the focus is (or should be) on personal skill - not gear.
    That's why gear is normalized.

You can't have gear as a crutch anymore.
    Extremely refreshing change, the system has been fuckass broken for years and years.

But from when you need skill in Wow lol? xD Combat is not dynamic at all, looking at numbers is not skill its just reading...
    Last edited by Driveskull; 2016-10-27 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    it looks nice I guess

Because you'll earn the rewards through playing anyhow.

You're farming for rating. Gear will just come.

First of all, PvP is fun. if you don't like it don't do it, but there are plenty who do and gear shouldn't be a driving factor for it. Yes, it is fun having a goal like new gear, and yes it is fun beating people handily because you put in more time to get the pvp gear, but even without those things killing people in bgs/arenas is still enjoyable.

That said, you still get a gear upgrade, it just isn't as noticeable for PvP.

To recap, if you truly love PvP you don't really care about the gear, and if you still care about PvE you get upgrades that are helpful there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Driveskull View Post
    But from when you need skill in Wow lol? xD Combat is not dynamic at all, looking at numbers is not skill its just reading...
    Positioning, using the skills you have in the right order, storing up burst and timing cc/interrupts to get off a kill. These things still exist. Not everyone can do them. You will still have some players who are always more successful, i.e. skill. I'm not exactly sure how moving your mouse to fire a gun is more desirable as "skill".

Current PVP gear is read at 710 for the templates. So, make an iLvl focused set that keeps the 2 and 4pc set bonuses, which still work. I know some of you are attached to your Warmongering Gladiator gear, but you have to let it go :P

If you don't believe me, test it yourself in a PVP instance.

Casual Pvp participation is going to collapse in Legion due to lack of reward. It's going to be S5 from Wrath all over again but without Wintergrasp to save it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Are you sure the gear gets scaled in world pvp? Blizzard said it won't in Legion. Did they walk away from that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not sure how you got there. Maybe you should look up the changes to pvp before you make off handed assumptions.
    PvP has needed gear "equality" in the worst way since Cataclysm. Now, if the bot population is low, random BGs will actually be fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Casual Pvp participation is going to collapse in Legion due to lack of reward. It's going to be S5 from Wrath all over again but without Wintergrasp to save it.
    Why do you think there is a lack of reward? You get gear for appearances, you get important talents; what you don't get is twink gear from doing rated PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Why do you think there is a lack of reward? You get gear for appearances, you get important talents; what you don't get is twink gear from doing rated PvP.
    Most casuals, I contend, have been doing PvP to get gear for PvE, and this has been true since BC. Remember welfare epics for losing ten games a week? That was taken out at the start of Wrath and PvP participation crashed. Now welfare Ashran CP gear will be gone and casual (that is, unrated) PvPers will get gear on par with heroic 5 mans. Participation will crash again, I am predicting.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You won't be farming gear in Legion. You're supposed to farm your rating.

Deleted
    Appearrances are not something that will appeal to everyone, obviously right, no shit Sherlock! Not everyone goes on transmog hunts, not everyone spends hours getting every mount. Its a fallacy to think that apperrance of weapons and shoulders can sustain a already diminishing PVP community. You are asking players to devote hours of their time to get certain PVP transmog. But say you are really into transmog and playing virtual dress up, why spend time doing PVP for "kewl weponz" when you can do the same by soloing say MoP raids or even some WoD ones? How many of you have grinded your "Look" for your class and called it a day?

You arent getting talent PVP points, you are lending them, until you prestige and reset it all again. Blizzard are banking that casual players will want to prestige and lose all their talents. All of this to gain a small icon next to their names.

But nobody who plays a MMO or a action RPG is "indifferent" about gear that numerically improves their character. Nobody who played WoW had enough honor or conquest to buy gear and said "meh, dosent matter dont need it". The notion is absurd.

That is why rewards that advance peoples character numerically cannot be substituted with "kewl" looking gear. Considering that PVP participation has plummeted even when the game offered numerical rewards, its very worrying what will happen in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You won't be farming gear in Legion. You're supposed to farm your rating.
    You should be farming both, now you just have half of the fun.

This is one of the most stupid ideas Blizzard has bring to this game.

Deleted
    World PvP and Duels.

That's right. My community now have something special to work towards.
    We are a small group but is cool to farm legendaries and gear to be a god at world pvp and duels.