Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi
    Not a myth, a reality. And a clear reality here where it's actually quite common.
    I hate to be that guy, but ... your "here" is a country the entirety of which is barely a reasonable percentage of the sheep in New Zealand. You hardly have enough people to be a suburb of Beijing (just Beijing, not even China, not close to Asia), so you're working with a really skewed sample set.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    In a relationship with a thai woman, people think she's an import wife, why?
    Cos she's prolly imported. Especially if she doesn't speak a word of the language.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And that's exactly the point. I didn't say it's in their genes. It's the culture.
    Except there is no such thing as 'asian' culture.

The whole submissive stereotype might still be partially true for countries like Japan and Vietnam, but in some other asian countries it's the complete opposite. The Chinese girls I've dated make Belgian girls look submissive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Definitely

Just put two girls of any type together and they will immediately begin sizing each other up based on who is more attractive; there is a changing ranking system that is partly ethnic, and right now Asian girls sit at the top (mainly because they're seen as more feminine than white girls)

You can actually test this out yourself

Find a group of girls of mixed ethnicities in a bar (in London this is not difficult, all kinds of girls in media etc work together)

Jump in, say hi, talk to the white girl first, then immediately start talking to the East Asian / South Asian girl, making it clear you find her more attractive

Watch the fireworks
    Heck, don't even have to do that. Just sit in a corner and watch girls. First thing you'll notice is that unlike us guys, who limit their attention pretty much to the table (or just the drink even), girls will scan the room continuously. When a new girl enters, you can actually watch every girl in the room seizing her up and comparing her to themselves. They all do it. There is no exception, ever. If they notice a new chick, you have to follow their eyes, shoes, pants/skirt, boobs, face... they're worse than males are, we usually stop at the first thing that we like and stay there. :P

I've noticed this a lot and asked a number of dates about that behaviour and they all admitted to it, even if they weren't actually aware of doing it at the time.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...because mail order brides are a dime a dozen these days.

"We met on a business trip two years ago. Never mind that I'm 100 pounds overweight and my wife is a perfect 10 that barely speaks the same language."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but ... your "here" is a country the entirety of which is barely a reasonable percentage of the sheep in New Zealand. You hardly have enough people to be a suburb of Beijing (just Beijing, not even China, not close to Asia), so you're working with a really skewed sample set.
    My sample set, and the country that is a fly's shit to you, is fine. It's a thing here. It's reality. If it doesn't fit your world view or you just disagree, well just do so. No matter what you say is going to change how the reality of the thing is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Except there is no such thing as 'asian' culture.

The whole submissive stereotype might still be partially true for countries like Japan and Vietnam, but in some other asian countries it's the complete opposite. The Chinese girls I've dated make Belgian girls look submissive.
    Of course I wasn't talking about a single entity of "Asian culture". I was talking about a culture of an individual Asian woman - most of those Asian cultures support the more submissive woman role.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Why can't you play nice with people Puupi?

On topic: there might be some prejudice when people see a 50 year old dude with an 18 year old Asian wife. But if the guy and girl are the same age, none will care.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Heck, don't even have to do that. Just sit in a corner and watch girls. First thing you'll notice is that unlike us guys, who limit their attention pretty much to the table (or just the drink even), girls will scan the room continuously. When a new girl enters, you can actually watch every girl in the room seizing her up and comparing her to themselves. They all do it. There is no exception, ever. If they notice a new chick, you have to follow their eyes, shoes, pants/skirt, boobs, face... they're worse than males are, we usually stop at the first thing that we like and stay there. :P

I've noticed this a lot and asked a number of dates about that behaviour and they all admitted to it, even if they weren't actually aware of doing it at the time.
    Indeed!

Once you start noticing this stuff... I have so many stories

Can't fight biology

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why can't you play nice with people Puupi?
    What have I done now? Disagreeing with someone and saying it is wrong?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post

"We met on a business trip two years ago. Never mind that I'm 100 pounds overweight and my wife is a perfect 10 that barely speaks the same language."
    Most of them aren't even 7s. Perfect 10s is stretching it a little bit. They would have no need to reach out to the western population. Perfect 10s would just cling to the incredibly wealthy in Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's reality.
    Reality needs to have roots in the real world. The demographics of Finland are difficult to determine because apparently the government doesn't keep those statistics. Estimates based on language show:

Chinese 10,110
    Thai 8,038
    Vietnamese 7,532
    Japanese 1,224

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._.26_languages

Note that even more lacking is data on how many of these are women and married. Let's say it is a generous third, and since OP mentions Thailand let's look at that. Yep, we're looking at a few thousand across the whole country, which means you need to understand the difference between anecdote and reality. Don't listen to those guys in Kemi.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post

Where is this website where i can get a dozen brides for a dime? I think I got a dollar on me, do they break change or am i stuck with 10 dozens?
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Reality needs to have roots in the real world. The demographics of Finland are difficult to determine because apparently the government doesn't keep those statistics. Estimates based on language show:

Chinese 10,110
    Thai 8,038
    Vietnamese 7,532
    Japanese 1,224

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._.26_languages

Note that even more lacking is data on how many of these are women and married. Let's say it is a generous third, and since OP mentions Thailand let's look at that. Yep, we're looking at a few thousand across the whole country, which means you need to understand the difference between anecdote and reality. Don't listen to those guys in Kemi.
    And statistics of demographics in Finland have what to do with this exactly?

What guys in Kemi? What on Earth are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    And statistics of demographics in Finland have what to do with this exactly?
    You aren't using the troll avatar any more, stop faking. There are very few Thais at all in Finland, some of them will be men and some will be married to someone who is not Finish.

For something to be real, the sample base needs to be sufficient. You are claiming something based on anecdotal evidence that the numbers simply do not support. Despite the Soldiers of Odin (thank you Kemi?) hanging out at the RNC, don't go Trump on us.

15+ Year Old Account
    You aren't using the troll avatar any more, stop faking. There are very few Thais at all in Finland, some of them will be men and some will be married to someone who is not Finish.
    It's not only Thais, other Asian people, too. And Russians.

Just as a note, over 85% of all Thai people in Finland are women. That includes children.

For something to be real, the sample base needs to be sufficient.
    lol what? For something to be real, you need more numbers? That's not how things work. This is a small country with small numbers. It's a real country, though - whether you consider it real or not.

You are claiming something based on anecdotal evidence that the numbers simply do not support.
    I'm claiming what? What are you actually trying to argue here?
    Despite the Soldiers of Odin (thank you Kemi?) hanging out at the RNC, don't go Trump on us.
    What does Soldiers of Odin, Kemi, RNC or Trump have anything to do with this topic?

There's a stereotype that asian women are superior to white women. Most white women are well aware of this so there's hostility toward white men that even mention preferring asian women. In recent years I've seen countless articles on sites like Huffington Post attempting to shame men who prefer asian women. Of course, they always call it 'yellow fever' or some nonsense and proceed to call men racist body shamers if they don't date fat white women instead (profiled in their other articles pushing fat acceptance).

It's one of the more common forms of racism. Fear of foreign men taking "our" women, and also fear of foreign women encroaching on "our" men. It probably goes back to the beginning of human civilization. It's even referenced in the Bible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Don't men do the same thing though? Usually in the form of competing over sports, weight lifting, video games, sometimes income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a note, over 85% of all Thai people in Finland are women. That includes children.​
    Nice source.

For something to be real, you need more numbers? That's not how things work.
    When you're slinging around bullshit with no source? That's how it works. Otherwise, you're drunk and singing polka, cause I've seen a video and that's what y'all do in Finland.

I'm claiming what?
    You are claiming to know about "Asia" (while moving your goal posts about how you mean that) and hiding behind claims that you know what is real in Finland. There need to be Asians in Finland and you need to have actual knowledge of them before either of those things carry any weight.

What does Soldiers of Odin, Kemi, RNC or Trump have anything to do with this topic?
    Well, let's see ... You're Finnish, Soldiers of Odin are currently a hot export, based in Kremi, which seems to be in Finland if you haven't managed to palm it off on a neighbor. Since knowing a few people informs you about the whole culture, you must be that kind of guy. Same logic, right? If you can't see the connection, perhaps you can now understand why I'm not buying the generalization about Asian women.

As for Trump, he seems to have a habit of saying he sees or knows things. The actual facts may vary, still, say it strongly and keep repeating it seems to be a thing right now. That's rather the tactic you seem to be employing, asserting that something is real just because you say so, and now throwing out statistics with no source. Note that since the government itself doesn't keep those statistics, there is good reason to wonder where you pulled that 85% from.

As for the questions about my point? What's your point throwing "That includes children" out in italics? You telling me that the guy singing Ievan Polkka in that video has lots of kids but shares the problem of Henry VIII?

Now, it's rolling into the early hours of the morning here. Feel free to respond or ignore, but I'm hitting the hay for a bit. Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There's a stereotype that asian women are superior to white women. Most white women are well aware of this so there's hostility toward white men that even mention preferring asian women. In recent years I've seen countless articles on sites like Huffington Post attempting to shame men who prefer asian women. Of course, they always call it 'yellow fever' or some nonsense and proceed to call men racist body shamers if they don't date fat white women instead (profiled in their other articles pushing fat acceptance).
    I've honestly never heard it said that asian women are superior to white women.

It's almost taken for granted people believe black men are superior to white men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I've honestly never heard it said that asian women are superior to white women.

It's almost taken for granted people believe black men are superior to white men.
    I've actually heard the other way around.