Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Here ya go. http://imgur.com/gallery/j8cAO/new

I have it as my desktop background personally.
    Thank you for this, that is an amazing resource.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if MHG is the last of 3DS Mh or at least before we see an MH on a new platform like NX?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really know, although I don't think they've ever released a game on an older console while the successor was out.

Honestly I hope they update their engine when the move to the new consoles, because I'm tired of cutting off Rathian's tail and getting poisoned by the nub when there's no logical way that should happen. Also I'd prefer positional damage, as in taking different damage depending on where you in the hitbox you get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Also I'd prefer positional damage, as in taking different damage depending on where you in the hitbox you get hit.
    God yes, 99% of the dmg I take is from getting nicked by a toe or something.

Though I dunno, go a lil too far and it starts making a lot of the more quirky aspects of the game a lot easier to deal with which takes away from the overall experience.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Aaand another question from me. I'm in Pokke now, but I accept and do quests from other villages. Is there a negative to doing this? Should I accept them in their respective villages?

Really its just to get the tickets and get ingredients for the bistro from what I've seen. Its mostly completionist stuff.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

So i powered through the farming stuff in 3* for the hunter arts and food buffs from it (and to replace the cat in your house with guild sweetheart but dont tell anyone about that!) and im almost at 4* village stuff. Met the fated four, have no problem nuking the large monsters and made every possible bow or charge blade i can right now with some already requiring + quality items to upgrade them further.

But i'm still in the jaggi/bullly attack M set with the the same hermitaur bow i've been using for like 14 hours now -_-

So far the bows all seem deisgned where you really have to sacrifice a lot to be good at one thing choice wise, whereas in 4U it felt like bows were largely elemental or just 'a status bow' and really i just want an all around balanced one with power and poison shot and so far thats petrified, plume or hermituar bows or else you are making some massive self nerfs in other regards.

Anyone else just not really upgrading much this time around?

I've got 30 hours now, doing everything and every quest that pops up, straight down the line. There is literally to many quests, it borders on the bit ridiculous.

I noticed to fit all this stuff in the game, graphics took a huge hit. Though overall, aside from some minor gripes. I gave Monster Hunter Generations 8/10.

It's so far the best Monster Hunter to come to America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

I think adept has spoiled me or I don't fully understand aerial. I know I don't want to constantly be dry humping monsters, but it feels like I should literally just dry hump the monsters.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Really its just to get the tickets and get ingredients for the bistro from what I've seen. Its mostly completionist stuff.
    Just so no one gets confused like I did, you have to complete all of the quests from each village's Chief to progress in the 5* quests.

Fair enough, I'm still grinding through the 4* village quests right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Anyone else just not really upgrading much this time around?
    I use db's and in 4u I was just constantly maintaining one for each element upgrading as I went, this game though I only just got 3 different elements somewhere between 3 and 4*. The upgrading is just slow, and unless you're doing online there's just not access to mobs or resources until really late into village.

The buja set with AuL is just silly strong for low rank as well, so there's not a whole ton of reason to swap away from it. You can very easily do all of low with that set. Personally I'm planning on making this as soon as I get access to a rathalos in village just cause I'm tired of looking at the buja set and not having razorsharp on a DB is ugh..

15+ Year Old Account
    ok after beating glavenus in the village line i was not expecting what happend next.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-07-23 at 03:46 AM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Shhh with the spoils.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent touched mhGen but yeah, i finished the village pretty early on the jpn version with aerial and the ending is just japan being japan C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I think adept has spoiled me or I don't fully understand aerial. I know I don't want to constantly be dry humping monsters, but it feels like I should literally just dry hump the monsters.
    Agree. Tried the aerial style, but it felt clunky. Constantly trying to roll into an animal to jump into the air. It didn't feel 'finesse' at all. That said, I love mounting monsters ^^

My poor wife was excited about going on walks because of Pokémon Go then she asked me, "You're not going to want to go on walks when you get your new Meownster Hunter are you..." . Ended up making a compromise, but those'll be long walks in feeling lol.
    Last edited by bestellen; 2016-11-28 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    My poor wife was excited about going on walks because of Pokémon Go then she asked me, "You're not going to want to go on walks when you get your new Meownster Hunter are you..." . Ended up making a compromise, but those'll be long walks in feeling lol.
    I'm 100% in the same situation as you are so I understand where you're coming from. Of course, I also stopped playing Pokémon Go as well but we still just take walks any day I'm not raiding.

I've shelved the charge blade for now, might look into hammer though because of some dunk videos I've watched of aerial hammer. That said might be setting myself up for disappointment again XD. Anyone have a solid recommendation for an aerial blademaster weapon?

Gaijinhunter is setting up rooms for the next 2 hours with some streamers to give away the optimum attack and support prowlers right now. Search for a room labeled 'ghunter'

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Gaijinhunter is setting up rooms for the next 2 hours with some streamers to give away the optimum attack and support prowlers right now. Search for a room labeled 'ghunter'
    Good call.

You guys have any idea what skills are making these "perfect"? I have no idea what people are using on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Baconeggcheese Boomerang Pro, Attack Up L, Crit Eye L, and Earplus I believe. You just need 3 of the skills though because you can teach your Palico one of them. The abilties you need are an Attacking cat with Piercing Boomerang and Big Boomerang. You want to teach them Emergency Exit from a Assist cat so you need both the boomerang abiltiies out of the box.

That's the core. You could try and go for other skills like dung bombs or something but the ones I listed are the bread and butter "mandatory" skills and abilities.