Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep, I find the hypocrisy of folks that do that simultaneously hilarious and awful. Discrimination against someone because of their race/gender/sexuality etc. isn't acceptable no matter which way it goes.
    Then it's EXTRA funny you went with the "OH LORDY! WHITES ARE HAVING TO WALK!" Which is why you look like an equality liar.

And today in, "The internet continues to get outrage boners over a largely trivial events."

So what? It's a protest, this is what happens at protests and it's not much of an imposition. It's kinda dickish, but given all the other shit going on in the US and globally, this rates pretty much on the bottom end of the, "Shit that actually matters" scale.
    I wouldn't call it a trivial game, it seems racism against white people is not only becoming more open but highly tolerated, the fact the term "reverse racism" even exist shows you how clueless people are today. Racism is bad no matter who the color is and should not be tolerated.

More and more it seems like BLM is looking like PETA in terms of behavior. Which makes it hard to take them seriously.

At their core, I support what they stand for, but there actions are becoming increasingly hard to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Then it's EXTRA funny you went with the "OH LORDY! WHITES ARE HAVING TO WALK!" Which is why you look like an equality liar.
    I did? And here I thought I was just saying that this situation is a protest that led to a minor imposition on one person, not blocking off a whole freeway or something, which is unacceptable IMO.

Seriously, are you even reading the things that I write? Or are there whole other parts of my post that I'm unaware I'm posting that say something totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I wouldn't call it a trivial game, it seems racism against white people is not only becoming more open but highly tolerated, the fact the term "reverse racism" even exist shows you how clueless people are today.
    Beyond the silly "WHITE PRIVILEGE!" calls in the video, did I miss the racism somewhere?

Racism is bad no matter who the color is and should not be tolerated.
    And I've posted as much in this thread. It's unacceptable no matter who its directed towards.

I did? And here I thought I was just saying that this situation is a protest that led to a minor imposition on one person, not blocking off a whole freeway or something, which is unacceptable IMO.

Seriously, are you even reading the things that I write? Or are there whole other parts of my post that I'm unaware I'm posting that say something totally different.

Beyond the silly "WHITE PRIVILEGE!" calls in the video, did I miss the racism somewhere?

And I've posted as much in this thread. It's unacceptable no matter who its directed towards.
    You don't think saying white privilege is racist?

You don't think saying white privilege is racist?
    Nope. There's a certain kernel of truth to it, but I still think it approaches the situation from the wrong angle. It's not about white folks having "privilege", it's that the "privilege" they have should be baseline for everyone. It shouldn't be "privilege", so the focus shouldn't be on shaming white folks but on the fact that what should be baseline treatment of people of any race isn't always happening.

And if they're just going to shout "white privilege", no, that's not racist. If you want to consider it racist, it would be on the most mild end of racism, if anything, about akin to the dreaded "microagressions".

Look, I know you got caught being exceptionally dismissive of this because the guy was white. Just own up to being full of shit about being against racism. You aren't helping anything, just like the useless protestors.

Look, I know you got caught being exceptionally dismissive of this because the guy was white.
    Again, I don't give a shit about the race of the dude. The funny thing is that the people who complain most about how others bring race into discussions are often the ones that bring up race the most. Looking back, the first time I referenced race was many posts in (excluding responding to someone bringing up BLM and the recent shootings of police) after others, including you brought race prominently into this.

Pot, meet kettle : )

Just own up to being full of shit about being against racism. You aren't helping anything, just like the useless protestors.
    I can't help but feel like there's more than a bit of projecting going on here.

Again, I don't give a shit about the race of the dude. The funny thing is that the people who complain most about how others bring race into discussions are often the ones that bring up race the most. Looking back, the first time I referenced race was many posts in (excluding responding to someone bringing up BLM and the recent shootings of police) after others, including you brought race prominently into this.

Pot, meet kettle : )

I can't help but feel like there's more than a bit of projecting going on here.
    Oh, I guess they blocked this man on the sidewalk and demanded he agrees with white privelege because....?

I like how race somehow has nothing to do with this when that's specifically what the protestors are up go.

Again, I shouldn't expect better from people that view this as a useful protest.

Nope. There's a certain kernel of truth to it, but I still think it approaches the situation from the wrong angle. It's not about white folks having "privilege", it's that the "privilege" they have should be baseline for everyone. It shouldn't be "privilege", so the focus shouldn't be on shaming white folks but on the fact that what should be baseline treatment of people of any race isn't always happening.

And if they're just going to shout "white privilege", no, that's not racist. If you want to consider it racist, it would be on the most mild end of racism, if anything, about akin to the dreaded "microagressions".
    Kernel of truth so it's ok to say and believed? Part of baseline of treating people equally shouldn't be shouting white people are privilege. I'm going to go the trailer park and shout out to all the white people there how privileged they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race threads aren't allowed here and, to be honest, if we posted a thread every time someone of a different race was a dick to someone of another race that's all we'd have. Unless there is a big current event, like a riot, protest, legislation these kind of threads will be shut down.